AUSTRALIA: Amazon Fire TV Modded with XBMC
Amazon Fire TV modded with xbmc already.

Pretty great deal considering it's not readily available in Australia.

http://www.mod-store.com.au/
What a surprise, you've got the same IP address as the user modstore

A reminder that there you can inform users about a product and answer questions, this is no an advertising area for you to promote your store and sell your products, and if you don't won't be be banned don't pretend to be a normal user when you are in fact the seller.
LoLz. Ease up buddy. I just thought it was a good deal. I am buying off the site and didnt even know i was actually working with the owner. Only found this out today and posted from work, which might of been why the IP address is the same. I just genuinely thought this was a good deal because ive been searching for an easy solution for ages (like 2 years almost)and was so happy when i came across this..let alone actually working with the guy at my internship. Also was happy considering he lived close to me aswell. If your in Aus, check it out. If not, i dont really care. Its just that i searched for so long and perhaps i could give someone the satisfaction that i received today when i found out i cood get fire tv already modded and personal support.

sorry if i inconveinced or spammed you because this forum has helped me make choices and gave me good information
Slick site you gotta admit, but of course cheaper for users to buy FTV on their own, sideload XBMC and use Amber skin. Voila, same as what site offers Smile.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
That was serious honest post if your wonderin. I feel bad now becoz i coodve damaged his rep considerin hes only just startin out! Sad

Yeah. I considered buyin fire tv and doin it myself. But its so easy wats he done and im happy to give him money cause hes such a good bloke
LMAO if I'm a good bloke would you give me money?

great site though! you should work for Apple or Google in that regards
If i thought a product was worth it yes. Lol not might site or product, just know the guy.
Pretty much charging $100 on top of RRP just to side load XBMC? No thanks.
Yea its coz im in aus. Like i dont trust international dealers coz ive heard nothing good. Cheapest ive found for aus is $175. And if ur tec savvy for me, id rather get sum1 to do it for me. But each to their own

*not tech savvy
Yeah, like you, i'm not a fan of many foreign web sites or web purchases in general but probably for different reasons.
Foriegn websites can be difficult to get in contact with (a real person you can talk to) and consumer protection can be an issue if you unfortunately have problems with the product/purchase.

So despite the ModStore website being slick, it still doesn't have what i would consider required business details.
You know, stuff like like phone number, email address, business address, business name, ABN number, etc, etc, etc.
As such, there is no way to really know who you are really dealing with.

And rather sad in this day and age, the checkout page is not even encrypted yet you expect the customer to provide amazon user name and password!
And why you even need such amazon details in the first place is unknown!
Poor form so far...

For me it's these litttle things that are required/expected to operate a business in Australia or anywhere else for that matter and be seen to be above board.
So, if you like your boss as he's a good bloke, then mention to him that he needs to do a little more work to his website to approach being a real web based business.

It's not just having a slick website that matters, it's following accepted business pratices and protecting customer information and only ever asking for the minimum amount to do business.
I'm a XBMC novice :)
good stuff. hes just starting though, so hopefully it ends up being good for aussies!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AUSTRALIA: Amazon Fire TV Modded with XBMC0