• 10(current)
WIP Kodi 14.0 DXVA test thread
I can't seem to be able to get the HW DXVA2 decoding working on a brand new AMD A8-7600 with integrated R7 graphics, Kodi 14.1 on Windows 8.1, Catalyst Omega 14.12 AMD drivers ('up-to-date' according to Device Manager), all Catalyst video options turned-off. The video info overlay says DXVA2 is active but the CPU cores are still at around 20%, same as with DXVA2 turned OFF. Also, on some video I get a large number of skipped frames and video is visibly choppy. Using software decoding all is fine. Tried all the renderng options and combinations, no change. Tried changing the audio settings also (normally set to Passthough WASAPI to Denon AVR and tried other options), various options and combinations but still no change. Tried Window/true full-screen option, no change. Tried the alternate kodi 14.1 executable from a11599's post #31 on the Kodi Beta 1 thread but still no change. What have I missed? Should something be added to advancedsettings.xml? Do I have to install DSPlayer? The only software I've added to the OS is the installation of 'ClassicShell' so I can find my way around Windows a little better Wink ... I'm not a Windows fan (I have 4 other Ubuntu systems and perhaps should just change this one to Ubuntu also! Big Grin).
OK, had another look at 'DSPlayer' ... so my question is: Do I HAVE to use DSPlayer to make DXVA2 HW decoding work on a AMD PC? I would have thought the new Kodi release would work 'out-of-the-box' with no need to go to an unsupported alternate version of Kodi? Why then offer the DXVA2 option with the official Kodi release if it doesn't work? This is confusing! ... and this unofficial version of Kodi with DSPlayer built-in, is it based on the latest Kodi core (with all the new Kodi features over Gotham) or is it based on the old XBMC core (and therefore does not support x265/HEVC decoding).

What about x265/HEVC, does DSPlayer support it as Kodi does (SW decoding only)?

Cheers

EDIT: Ok, found Kodi 14.1 with integrated DSPlayer - after a lot of searching!
(2015-02-09, 05:22)LeKodeur Wrote: I can't seem to be able to get the HW DXVA2 decoding working on a brand new AMD A8-7600 with integrated R7 graphics, Kodi 14.1 on Windows 8.1, Catalyst Omega 14.12 AMD drivers ('up-to-date' according to Device Manager), all Catalyst video options turned-off. The video info overlay says DXVA2 is active but the CPU cores are still at around 20%, same as with DXVA2 turned OFF. Also, on some video I get a large number of skipped frames and video is visibly choppy. Using software decoding all is fine. Tried all the renderng options and combinations, no change. Tried changing the audio settings also (normally set to Passthough WASAPI to Denon AVR and tried other options), various options and combinations but still no change. Tried Window/true full-screen option, no change. Tried the alternate kodi 14.1 executable from a11599's post #31 on the Kodi Beta 1 thread but still no change. What have I missed? Should something be added to advancedsettings.xml? Do I have to install DSPlayer? The only software I've added to the OS is the installation of 'ClassicShell' so I can find my way around Windows a little better Wink ... I'm not a Windows fan (I have 4 other Ubuntu systems and perhaps should just change this one to Ubuntu also! Big Grin).

I had the same problem with E2-1800 AMD Brazos APU. but turning off "full screen window" option fixed it for me. Render set as "auto detect" and decode is DXVA2.
Audio output is Passthrough WASAPI to my Onkyo AVR.

Sorry if it's not working for you Sad
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 14.0 DXVA test thread0