Flexible seek
Hi
When I´m playing tv/video I want to jump X minutes forward or back in the same way as Mythtv does. (press numbers and next left to jump back or right to jump forward)
It´s very useful to avoid ads.
If I want to implement this behaviour I have to develop an addon or a theme mod?

Other approach can be use the number keys.
Is it possible to map the numbers to do a seek of X minutes:
1 - 1 minute forward
2 - 2 minutes forward
3 - 3 minutes forward
4 - 4 minutes forward
5 - 5 minutes forward

Thanks
XBMC has this by default. On a remote control or on a keyboard, you just press numbers then the directional key.

For example, pressing 5+1+0+right will fastforward 5 minutes and 10 seconds.

Pressing 4+0+left will rewind 40 seconds.
(2014-09-19, 19:37)Ned Scott Wrote: XBMC has this by default. On a remote control or on a keyboard, you just press numbers then the directional key.

For example, pressing 5+1+0+right will fastforward 5 minutes and 10 seconds.

Pressing 4+0+left will rewind 40 seconds.

This is awesome! Is this documented anywhere?
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
I actually learned about it myself for the first time just a few months ago :D

I've put it in the keyboard (wiki) wiki page and I plan to make a page like that for common remote control layouts in the future (I've just been lazy).
@ned, great. It works.
Thank you very much.
Hi
The above solution works great for videos & recorded TV - however for live TV, pressing the numbers results in a channel change and I have not found any other way of doing a variable seek with live TV. This reduces the WAF as you have to use different ways of skipping commercials depending on whether its recorded TV or live TV.

Is anyone aware of how to make live TV seeking operate in the same manner as other video seeking so its consistant?

Thanks
Set it to record and then watch the recording as it records? (Does that make sense?) (Actually it probably has even less WAF!)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Flexible seek0