Fixing album metadata with MusicBrainz Picard
OK thanks , can you please tell me which fields suppose to be identical so Kodi would recognize it as 1 album ...
Just the album tag.

For example you could change that for 100s of individual songs to "Personal music" and it would all show up under the Personal Music Album.

You can do the same for various artists or singles if you want.
OK , thanks will try this at home and if something will be off i will update ..
Thanks !!!
Nice rename script to change any picard albums to this format.

ARTIST\ARTIST-ALBUM-CD-FLAC-YEAR-PICARD

You just need to tick the "move" and "rename" options, and add this in the rename script box:

Code:
$if2(%albumartist%,%artist%)/$replace($if2(%albumartist%,%artist%)-%album%-CD-FLAC-$if(%date%,$left(%date%,4))-PICARD, ,_)/$lower($if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),%discnumber%,)$if($ne(%albumartist%,),$num(%tracknumber%,2),)$replace(-%artist%-%title%, ,_))
Great guide, really helped me.
(2016-05-11, 21:20)zag Wrote: Nice rename script to change any picard albums to this format.

You just need to tick the "move" and "rename" options, and add this in the rename script box:

Code:
$if2(%albumartist%,%artist%)/$replace($if2(%albumartist%,%artist%)-%album%-CD-FLAC-$if(%date%,$left(%date%,4))-PICARD, ,_)/$lower($if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),%discnumber%,)$if($ne(%albumartist%,),$num(%tracknumber%,2),)$replace(-%artist%-%title%, ,_))

Zag,if your still around would you know why this wont input and stick.Tried today,and it would not except. thanks for tut.
Another nice guide here

http://www.techhive.com/article/3193116/...art-2.html
(2016-05-11, 21:20)zag Wrote: Nice rename script to change any picard albums to this format.

Code:

So if you use a diffferent format,say mp3 or m4A you just plug that in instead of FLAC
Here is my updated renamer setting. This one also removes the apostrophe's in filenames
Code:
$rreplace($if2(%albumartist%,%artist%)/$replace($if2(%albumartist%,%artist%)-%album%-CD-FLAC-$if(%date%,$left(%date%,4))-PiCARD, ,_)/$lower($if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),%discnumber%,)$if($ne(%albumartist%,),$num(%tracknumber%,2),)$replace(-%artist%-%title%, ,_)),['"],)
If anyone is interested. I have my Picard (v2.6.3) set up to save the files in this format:

It starts with Album Artist  folder, then within that folder the "Album (with the year) folder, I.E. Aerosmith (1975)", then within that folder, the "disc of disc", I.E. Disc 1 of 1 or Disc 2 of 5, then within each disc folder it puts the songs in the following format: track#. Artist - Song Title, I.E. 01. It scrapes great within Kodi (my fork of Kodi). Took me forever to get Kodi to scrape sets with multiple discs in it correctly, this did it for me.

Aerosmith > Aerosmith (1975) > Disc 1 of 1 > 04. Aerosmith - Walk This Way.flac

%albumartist%/%album% ($if(%date%,$left(%date%,4)))/Disc %discnumber% of %totaldiscs%/$num(%tracknumber%,2). %artist% - %title%
Kodi v20.1 with goodies from the PSMC Collection / Using on PC's, Nvidea Shields, and other Android TV Boxes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fixing album metadata with MusicBrainz Picard2