Linux Compile under Centos 6.5
(2014-10-05, 15:31)fritsch Wrote: What of this, did you not understand: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...ing_Libtag
OK!
Code:
[vladimir@nas xbmc]$1. pwd
/home/vladimir/xbmc
2. git clean -xfd
3. ./bootstrap
4. make -C lib/taglib
5. as root  make -C lib/taglib install
6. ./configure --prefix=/opt/xbmc --enable-libbluray
And after that I received how always:
checking for FREETYPE2... yes
checking for TAGLIB... no
configure: error: Could not find a required library. Please see the README for your platform.
What of this, did you not understand.
Where is mistake?
The mistake is old and outdated distribution that no one with a single idea of multimedia would like to run on any computer. After you have built it the next trouble will start. You won't get a new enough kernel for hw decoding support and so on.

The above command does not work, cause your pkg-config is fucked up, cause of multiple non distribution libtag installation to different folders. Everything "make installed" together without any knowledge nor thinking just to make something build.

The source of your problems is your distribution which you are not able to manage at all.

www.openelec.tv here run it from an usb stick and don't touch your holy centos.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-10-05, 16:34)fritsch Wrote: The mistake is old and outdated distribution that no one with a single idea of multimedia would like to run on any computer. After you have built it the next trouble will start. You won't get a new enough kernel for hw decoding support and so on.

The above command does not work, cause your pkg-config is fucked up, cause of multiple non distribution libtag installation to different folders. Everything "make installed" together without any knowledge nor thinking just to make something build.

The source of your problems is your distribution which you are not able to manage at all.

www.openelec.tv here run it from an usb stick and don't touch your holy centos.
Oh, oh, oh.
Three things.
1. You can see this.
2. I have Home NAS on CentOS 6.5 (motherboard, AMD CPU A4 X2 6320 8370D). And it's working properly.
3. I"d like to have XBMC as a little Bonus. It's not a main task.
That all.
Thank You.
Best Regards.
provide the output of
pkg-config --debug taglib
Wsnipex, let's stop here. He runs an AMD 8370D which needs VDPAU decoding support, the X2 is not good enough to do so. He needs Mesa > 10.1.3 - he does not have, he needs kernel > 3.13, he also does not have ... That won't give him any luck after it is build, it will just work like shit ...

Edit: Even worse, that old software will only provide a working VESA driver without dpm, no UVD, nothing - even most likely no acceleration. It's unlikely that xbmc will start at all. It will complain about "Missing OpenGL support" ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-10-05, 17:19)fritsch Wrote: Wsnipex, let's stop here. He runs an AMD 8370D which needs VDPAU decoding support, the X2 is not good enough to do so. He needs Mesa > 10.1.3 - he does not have, he needs kernel > 3.13, he also does not have ... That won't give him any luck after it is build, it will just work like shit ...

Edit: Even worse, that old software will only provide a working VESA driver without dpm, no UVD, nothing - even most likely no acceleration. It's unlikely that xbmc will start at all. It will complain about "Missing OpenGL support" ...

Oh. It's very good news. Does it mean in my case Goodbye XBMC?Confused
I decided that you want to learn it the hard way.

So provide the output wsnipex requested. Now we get your xbmc combiled, just that you learn - that even immense investment of time to get something broken running, won't work out at the end ...
(2014-10-05, 17:33)fritsch Wrote: I decided that you want to learn it the hard way.

So provide the output wsnipex requested. Now we get your xbmc combiled, just that you learn - that even immense investment of time to get something broken running, won't work out at the end ...
OK! I will try to do it.
And there You can see on screen some additional information
http://fotki.lv/?x=OS5RKFxDRy06RDxIV1M5L...Dc=&size=1
Lol - xbmc 11 - have not seen that one since probably 3 years :-)
408(!) fps lol - don't forget to turn on Vertical Blank Sync or your computer will heat like hell.

Edit: 14.20 sounds like the proprietary fglrx driver ... whatever happens, after Gotham is compiled an running go to Video -> Acceleration (Advanced Settings hiearchy) and set Decoding Method to Software, cause fglrx does not do any hw decoding. And when you sync to display one core will have 100% load ...
centos 6.5 is a major pain on a server. can only imagine how horrible a desktop would be. a htpc is plain wacko stupid.
(2014-10-06, 09:28)ironic_monkey Wrote: centos 6.5 is a major pain on a server. can only imagine how horrible a desktop would be. a htpc is plain wacko stupid.
OK!
And what is your recommendation for such universal HOME-NAS(365x24x7)-HTPC(XBMC 3 hours per day)?
if you want to stay in the rpm land; fedora or OpenSuse. in general centos is a server OS, you want a desktop OS.

if not, i'd go with ubuntu/mint or if you are skilled enough/don't mind spending time learning shit while setting stuff up: arch.
(2014-10-06, 11:37)ironic_monkey Wrote: if you want to stay in the rpm land; fedora or OpenSuse. in general centos is a server OS, you want a desktop OS.

if not, i'd go with ubuntu/mint or if you are skilled enough/don't mind spending time learning shit while setting stuff up: arch.
Oh, It means "Hello Gnome 3".Confused
My HOME-NAS first revision was on Debian:
http://fotki.lv/?x=OS5RKFxDRy06RDxIV1M5L...Dc=&size=1
But Gnome 3 + AMD Catalyst turned me to CentOS 6.5.
I see. I will try to use Debian/Ubuntu. I can change /dev/sda1 without any difficulty.
Thank You!Nod
Don't use catalyst at all. Use Ubuntu 14.04.1, update the packages and fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compile under Centos 6.50