EvilLyrics search/download/display integration
Lightbulb 
i was wondering if it would be feasible to integrate support for evillyrics into xbmc.  in case you are unfamiliar with evillyrics, it's essentially a lyrics searching program.  but it's a large cut above any similar programs.  it searches multiple lyrics sites (will even default to a google search if the standard sites return nothing).  then it returns the lyrics, filtered for content so that only the lyrics are shown.  the filters and sitelist are maintained server side and updated regularly.  as i understand it, all the input el requires is "artist - title."

as far as where i see el fitting into the program, another button added to the osd while playing music would seem fitting.  opens a partly transparent screen, lyrics displayed in contrasting color, with the essential el controls across the top or where ever looks best.

on the el website there is a contact email for developers of music programs interested in being supported.

"developers, do you want evillyrics to support
your player? [email="[email protected]"]drop us a line[/email]"
yea some real lyrics integration would definitely be cool. el seems like the perfect option for xbmc.........i 2nd and 3rd it!!! :thumbsup:
i also vote for this. it would be awesome to be able to automatically get the sound lyrics for karaoke sessions!

angel
i did post this on another thread but didnt get a reply,
most of my mp3's have lyrics stored in the id3 tag, is there any way for xbmc to read/display these ?

eg, when playing music map a button to the remote to launch a script that reads the tag of the current song and displays the lyrics.

would be a cool feature!
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....t=10845

yeah ive used that script, it grabs lyrics from the net not the id3 tag.
whereas some of my tunes are a bit obsucure the net search doesn't find any matches for most, so embedding the lyrics in the mp3 works better for me.
if your meaning grabbing lyrics from within the mp3 file... 99% of them dont have that done typically. unless your doing it yourself in which case youre more than wise enough to do a bit of coding Wink
after thinkin about this a bit more, i'm pretty sure the author of el would have a problem with his code going into an opensource project.. however that still leaves the option of a server/client solution. and that would probably be a lot easier on the xbmc dev's as all xbmc would need is a way to access the lyrics, and a way to display them (artist/title could be captured from the webserver interface unless i am mistaken) maybe a way to send a "next lyrics" command to the el server as well.. of course it would probably take some work on the server side of the program. is there anyone interested in this and more suitable than i am, that would be willing to contact the el author?

i've used that script as well.. out of an artist i have roughly 7 cd's of, it returned under 10 lyrics, whereas el is much closer to 95% accurate.
(harshreality @ june 15 2006,14:05 Wrote:unless your doing it yourself in which case youre more than wise enough to do a bit of coding Wink
all it takes is a id3v2 editor that supports lyrics.. (off the top of my head, musicmatch does, as well as many other's i imagine)

http://www.id3.org/develop.html

http://www.getid3.org/ php4 script for read/write id3 tags.. might be an interesting read for anyone who can make sense of it?
if it can be written in php, i'm pretty sure we can code it in python.
if u guys can do it that would be a great feature.  :kickass:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EvilLyrics search/download/display integration0