Help for first htpc
Scandinavian design for the win Smile
learn enough before making it yourself
HTPC|Mini PC|Palm-Sized PC
which mb is the best choice in combo with Mini ITX-E-i7?
Take a look at the blog Dougie Fresh is running for a nice overview of the E-i7 case. As a general rule get the motherboard with the socket and i/o you need.
(2014-09-23, 09:38)vashrulez Wrote: which mb is the best choice in combo with Mini ITX-E-i7?

From your original list, the ASRock Q1900 or Q2900 ITX will work great. If you want more power, the 84W AC adapter will run a Haswell Pentium no problem with whatever H81 mini-ITX motherboard has the features you want. If you go with a desktop CPU, you will need a low-profile CPU cooler under 40mm (the Intel CPU/HSF is 54mm). The only i3 I would pair with the 84W AC adapter is the i3-4130T (which comes with a low-profile CPU cooler). And, even though the manufacturer's specs say you can fit more, with an optical drive installed in the E-i7 you can only reasonably expect to fit one 2.5" SSD/HDD. Better yet, find a motherboard that takes a mSATA SSD -- though there's plenty of room for a 2.5" HDD/SSD if you choose the Q1900/2900-ITX motherboard or similar.
Hi!

I'm very interested in the Inter-tech case.

I'm going to buy an Asrock Q1900 and I want to mount it with an 2'5 ssd and a 3'5 hdd (I've already have it)
Do they fit in the ie7? And if you add an ODD, will everything fit?
What about the quality of the materials of the case?
I've found it with a 80w PSU for 72€. Does anyone know if it's very noisy (the PSU)?

An alternative could be this:

http://www.cooltek.de/en/powered-by-jonsbo/c2/126/c2

Really I don't know which one is better. Price are equal.

In the Cooltek I have to buy a PSU, what kind would you recommend? PicoPSU, Flex-ATX ...

Thanks for the help!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help for first htpc0