• 3(current)
Realtek RTD1195 / RTD1295 based Android media players violate Kodi's GPL license!
(2014-11-08, 19:38)movie78 Wrote: Since All these Three device are running the same Chipset Realtek 1195 .(Eweat 902 : M-195 : EC-U6D)

Do you guys think i can flash the firmware between one another?
I wouldn't try it if I was you, as worse case you might brick and could be be impossible to flash again, especially if you don't know what it will do

In many cases, even if the main SoC is the same, the different manufacturers use different components and sub-components like the WiFi chip, etc..

So in most cases you're lucky and stuff like WiFi might not work if you flash firmware for another box unless you hack those drivers into the firmware yourself.

I would at least recommend that you do a lot more researching about it on FreakTab forum and similar sites before trying to flash an untested firmware.

IMHO, leave the hacking to more skilled firmware hackers in the beginning so they can find the obvious issues first, or risk making your box unusable.
(2014-11-08, 19:38)movie78 Wrote: Since All these Three device are running the same Chipset Realtek 1195 .(Eweat 902 : M-195 : EC-U6D)

Thanks!

Tried to install Eweat 902 firware on M-195 - works fine.
(2014-11-17, 17:24)cat_baxter Wrote:

Thanks!

Tried to install Eweat 902 firware on M-195 - works fine.

Is everything working fine?

1-DTS HD MA and DOLBY TRUEHD 5.1/7.1 ?
2-XBMC (rtkplayer) work ?

Can you provide the link for EWEAT 902 firmware that you using?

Thanks!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Movie78 and Cat_baxter: can you confirm if 3D iso playback from within xbmc is working with the M-195 with current firmware? I don't mind if XBMC is actually using an external player to show the movie as long as the playback is initiated from XBMC and it drops you back there when playback stops.

I have a Himedia Q5 4K and 3D iso playback from within XBMC does not work from me with this box (it stutters badly, even though the same 3D iso files play back fine using the native media centre app).

Thanks
(2014-11-18, 09:22)malcolmbarr Wrote: Movie78 and Cat_baxter: can you confirm if 3D iso playback from within xbmc is working with the M-195 with current firmware? I don't mind if XBMC is actually using an external player to show the movie as long as the playback is initiated from XBMC and it drops you back there when playback stops.

I have a Himedia Q5 4K and 3D iso playback from within XBMC does not work from me with this box (it stutters badly, even though the same 3D iso files play back fine using the native media centre app).

Thanks

Same issue with this one.
3D ISO doesn't work in XBMC, but play fine with the native app.

Also DTS-HD and TRUEHD 5.1/7.1 is not working.

I have try installing the Eweat firmware on this unit,installation was fine but still had the same problem.
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
Did your VidOn box ship? Curious to see how you find it compared to boxes you've tried so far.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2014-11-18, 16:00)hdmkv Wrote: Did your VidOn box ship? Curious to see how you find it compared to boxes you've tried so far.

Just shipped today,DHL 3-5 days
Hope i get it this weekend...
Movie78 - thanks for taking the time to reply. 3D Iso working smoothly out of XBMC still seems tough to get right at this point, am I am emailing Himedia to see if they can do anything about the issues with the Q5 4K.
(2014-11-18, 16:19)malcolmbarr Wrote: Movie78 - thanks for taking the time to reply. 3D Iso working smoothly out of XBMC still seems tough to get right at this point, am I am emailing Himedia to see if they can do anything about the issues with the Q5 4K.

I think all these boxes are half baked.

This manufactures are selling products with false advertisement.

If advertise a product on the front page saying 7.1 audio works,make sure it works.
Quote:I think all these boxes are half baked.
Unfortunately true of most boxes that debut. Heck, even the likes of Google do this to some extent; see the reviews of their Nexus Player. But, most of these Chinese companies push the limits on what's promised vs. what's actually delivered at launch. I'm finding the somewhat more capable of the bunch (it's all relative) to be Minix (at least support seems to be there, and they've implemented 23.976, which is new I believe for Android) and VidOn (at least 3D and hd audio work, even if so with some bugs). CloudMedia's OpenHour looks to be a disaster so far (unless owners disagree), and Eweat, Bluetimes, HiMedia boxes all seem too Alpha in nature.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2014-11-18, 17:11)hdmkv Wrote:
Unfortunately true of most boxes that debut. Heck, even the likes of Google do this to some extent; see the reviews of their Nexus Player. But, most of these Chinese companies push the limits on what's promised vs. what's actually delivered at launch. I'm finding the somewhat more capable of the bunch (it's all relative) to be Minix (at least support seems to be there, and they've implemented 23.976, which is new I believe for Android) and VidOn (at least 3D and hd audio work, even if so with some bugs). CloudMedia's OpenHour looks to be a disaster so far (unless owners disagree), and Eweat, Bluetimes, HiMedia boxes all seem too Alpha in nature.

But at lease what is on their product specs sheet should work from start,because i don't think they just go and right stuff just to please or sell their product http://forum.kodi.tv/images/smilies/smile.png

Google products will have bugs,but the will try to fixed.
VidOn has forum base with tested from the outside giving their input.
You can add zappiti 4k player to this list now
http://store.zappiti.com/en/home/3228-za...er-4k.html

Zappiti uses a dune hdi product

This might be THE box !
Not at that price o.O
(2014-11-18, 17:37)movie78 Wrote:
(2014-11-18, 17:11)hdmkv Wrote:

But at lease what is on their product specs sheet should work from start,because i don't think they just go and right stuff just to please or sell their product http://forum.kodi.tv/images/smilies/smile.png

December 22nd. I can confirm with 2 test clips that december 19th firmware on eweat 902 DO passthrough dts hd and dolby true hd on an onkio 4 years old receiver. I've purchased a 902 at 64 bucks on ebay hoping someday problem will fix it and it works! !!
(2014-12-23, 06:50)herhelman Wrote:
(2014-11-18, 17:37)movie78 Wrote:
(2014-11-18, 17:11)hdmkv Wrote: Unfortunately true of most boxes that debut. Heck, even the likes of Google do this to some extent; see the reviews of their Nexus Player. But, most of these Chinese companies push the limits on what's promised vs. what's actually delivered at launch. I'm finding the somewhat more capable of the bunch (it's all relative) to be Minix (at least support seems to be there, and they've implemented 23.976, which is new I believe for Android) and VidOn (at least 3D and hd audio work, even if so with some bugs). CloudMedia's OpenHour looks to be a disaster so far (unless owners disagree), and Eweat, Bluetimes, HiMedia boxes all seem too Alpha in nature.

December 22nd. I can confirm with 2 test clips that december 19th firmware on eweat 902 DO passthrough dts hd and dolby true hd on an onkio 4 years old receiver. I've purchased a 902 at 64 bucks on ebay hoping someday problem will fix it and it works! !!

Good News..

There's nothing release for the M-195

Do you have the link for the firmware?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Realtek RTD1195 / RTD1295 based Android media players violate Kodi's GPL license!0