Raspberry Pi, XMBC and bluetooth
Hello everyone,

Been trying to get this to work but i m a really noob when it comes to linux and commands etc. First of all i have a Raspberry Pi model B using latest(i hope) version of XBMC 13.2 beta1.
I want to be able to connect my Logitech K810 bluetooth keyboard Logitech K810 with Raspberry Pi. I bought this bluetooth dongle Bluetooth dongle

I m using Putty to connect to my Raspberry Pi.

Tried these FAQs and updated everything i needed.
installing-the-raspberry-pi-nano-bluetooth-dongle
Another faq
a-step-by-step-guide-to-setup-a-bluetooth-keyboard-and-mouse-on-the-raspberry-pi/

Ok, lets see how far i come.
1. I connect to Raspberry Pi using Putty from my win8 computer. Username: pi password: raspberry i then write sudo su so i switch to root.
2. I have installed everything that was mentioned in the faqs,
3. I write lsusb and get Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode) thats my bluetooth dongle.
4. Type hcitool scan and see my Logitech K810 with its mac.-adress
5. Type bluez-simple-agent hci0 mymacadress and i get this message Creating device failed: org.bluez.Error.AlreadyExists: Already Exists
6. Type bluez-test-device trusted mymacadress yes
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/bluez-test-device", line 158, in <module>
path = adapter.FindDevice(args[1])
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 70, in __call__
return self._proxy_method(*args, **keywords)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 145, in __call__
**keywords)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 651, in call_blocking
message, timeout)
dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.bluez.Error.DoesNotExist: Does Not Exist

I have no clue what to do. Earlier i tried another faq where typed a pin code etc. I hope there is somebody out there that can help me! Thanks!

Quote: i have a Raspberry Pi model B using latest(i hope) version of XBMC 13.2 beta1
Are you using a recognised distro (eg raspbmc, openelec), or is this home-configured?
I ask because raspbmc latest is XBMC 13.2 - not a beta release.
Further, if you have followed those linked procedures, you may have done some mischief with the apt-get update if you use raspbmc.
Derek
Quote:Are you using a recognised distro (eg raspbmc, openelec), or is this home-configured?
I ask because raspbmc latest is XBMC 13.2 - not a beta release.

Hmmm i dont remember where i got it from XBMC Possible to update it?

Quote:Further, if you have followed those linked procedures, you may have done some mischief with the apt-get update if you use raspbmc.

Ok, what do you recommend? A fresh reinstall? From where?

Regards
Joel
Following your XBMC link takes us to a wiki page for Raspberry Pi which lists 4 different distros.
Appropriate measures will depend on which you used (if any).

I'd have to recommend a clean install, to establish what you have - but then you will have the dilemma of how to get the bluetooth working with that install. My personal choice (for starters) would be raspbmc, as I think this has the bluetooth stuff ready to go - but I'd advise some searches to see what problems are reported with your choice of distro and bluetooth
Derek
Just setup a new Raspberry Pi myself with Openelec XBMC.

I would highly recommend installing Openelec as it is very user friendly and easy to setup WIFI and Bluetooth from XBMC's main System Menu, its Plug and Play.
Helix alphas can be easily installed as well just by downloading the .tar file and transferring it to the Raspberry Pi Update directory.

I would normally install Raspbmc but its a bit slower and harder to get up and running for a NOOB.

Just had a quick look at your Bluetooth dongle. Its a CSR (Cambridge Silicon Radio) dongle. I have the same CSR Bluetooth 4.0. Its Plug and Play once paired via the Openelec menu in XBMC.

Install Openelec here

@wrxtasy
Thanks for the OpenElec advice! Now everything is working really good even my bluetooth keyboard!!! I really appreciate all the help thank you so much! OpenElec is as you say very user friendly and exactly what i want.
Your welcome.

Now what you want to do is Overclock the thing and the Raspberry Pi will really fly.

Mine (B+ Model) never gets over 63 degrees when running at near 100% CPU with these settings. (85 degrees is the CPU throttling limit I think).
If your having problems a good power supply is a must. (I use a spare iPad charger)
Put your SD card in your computer and apply these settings to the config.txt file.

arm_freq=1100
core_freq=575
sdram_freq=650
over_voltage=8
over_voltage_sdram=6
avoid_pwm_pll=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1

If you lucky to network and Share files from an Apple computer use NFS as its the fastest performance networking system.

A mini guide is in this post:
NFS Setup

@wrxtasy
Thanks i did as you suggested and its working really good. I´m using SMB and i dont have any problemes with my shares on the the network. My RPI finds my D-link sharecenter right away and i stream movies etc from it. Now, any suggestion of a really good skin?
The Amber skin is a really nicely polished, lightweight, low system resources skin that's quick.

Thats my current favourite. :-)

Skin stats and popularity can be found HERE

i have the same setup: Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode) + Logitech k810 on openelec 5.01 but it doesn't work.
it connects once from the system/bluetooth settings through "connect and trust"
but looses the connection on reboot and when the keyboard wakes up from sleep modus.

Does anybody have some experience with this keyboard on openelec? some hint would be nice.

thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry Pi, XMBC and bluetooth0