Linux Killall -9 xbmc.bin and FLIRC
Hello,

I'm trying to map a button on my remote to use when xbmc freezes so it closes and restarts. I'm currently using lubuntu and xbmc starts up as a desktop. I created a script with just killall -9 xbmc.bin and made it executable. I then mapped a button in Flirc and then followed a tutorial on how to create keyboard commands to run a script.

I got it working while in desktop mode, but when rebooting into xbmc it does not work. Could someone please help with this. I'm guessing the keyboard layout for the desktop is not moving with the second desktop which runs XBMC. If thats the case how would I manually change the kebyoard settings in LUBUNTU. I've tried searching and can't seem to find the correct file.

Thanks.
Better fix the freeze. Provide a debug log and a gdb backtrace, please.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-09-25, 07:32)fritsch Wrote: Better fix the freeze. Provide a debug log and a gdb backtrace, please.

I think its skin relatedeas I'm using aeon nox 4.9.9.9a. It happens every so often not a lot. Usually when I click up to open the side menu.
So you want a workaround for a (skin related) bug, for not to fix it? Strange! I would prefere to have a proper working system with no freezes at all and if a Debug Log might help, I would provide it.

I think, this is the wrong section for posting skin related bugs (or findeing workarounds for them), as there is a skin subforum...but I could imagine, that the skin dev would like to get known of this bug, as he is possibly able to fix it. So I would report in the Aeon Nox skin forum.
(2014-09-25, 09:34)David1977 Wrote: So you want a workaround for a (skin related) bug, for not to fix it? Strange! I would prefere to have a proper working system with no freezes at all and if a Debug Log might help, I would provide it.

I think, this is the wrong section for posting skin related bugs (or findeing workarounds for them), as there is a skin subforum...but I could imagine, that the skin dev would like to get known of this bug, as he is possibly able to fix it. So I would report in the Aeon Nox skin forum.

Its aeon nox 4.9.9.9 no support for It. Ugh read mysfirst post its a question about creating a remote button to run a script. Not a support question for a skin as you have turned it into
(2014-09-25, 19:06)Frozin Wrote:
(2014-09-25, 09:34)David1977 Wrote: So you want a workaround for a (skin related) bug, for not to fix it? Strange! I would prefere to have a proper working system with no freezes at all and if a Debug Log might help, I would provide it.

Its aeon nox 4.9.9.9 no support for It. Ugh read mysfirst post its a question about creating a remote button to run a script. Not a support question for a skin as you have turned it into

Why run an unsupported skin?

Anyway, are you running a WM? you may need to.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Wm being a windows manager? If so then yes, its xfce I believe.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Killall -9 xbmc.bin and FLIRC0