• 15(current)
Deprecated PseudoLibrary - Strm Generator w/ Library Integration: AMAZON/HULU/NETFLIX
I may just make the switch from XBMC.MyLibrary to this, but i have one question and a quick search of the thread didn't seem to turn up any answers:

How do you handle Netflix's movies and TV shows being in the same folder? Do you just create separate settings for each? Does XBMC figure it out intelligently enough if you just put all of Netflix's STRMS in both the TV shows and Movies folders, even if they don't belong in one or the other?

Also, is it possible to get rid of the background action notification entirely? and can the library cleaning be done in the background as well intead of interrupting playback (which is what happened when I started testing this last night)?
Just to follow up on my own post:
  • Right now I just have Netflix putting streams for everything in both the TV Shows and Movies sections. It isn't ideal, but it only leads to a few mistaken overlaps (the Mission Impossible TV show, a random movie named Chuck, etc.) - I went to the source sections and individually changed the content of each overlapping stream to "none" and set to exclude them from scans, so hopefully that will prevent further problems until I add another show or movie that overlaps.
  • I haven't done much with Hulu yet but I'm wondering if anyone else can chime in: in XBMC.MyLibrary, my config for Hulu was this:

<PlayOnHulu custom_parser="PlayOn" recursive="true" suffix=" [Hulu]">
<subfolder name="Your Subscriptions" recursive="true" force_tvdb="true" >
<exclude>
<regexp>/Seasons$</regexp>
<contains>/Seasons/</contains>
<contains>E00</contains>
<contains>S00</contains>
<contains>/Clips/</contains>
</exclude>
</subfolder>
<subfolder name="Your Queue/Sort By Show" recursive="true" force_tvdb="true" />
</PlayOnHulu>

This prevented me from dealing with the excessive amounts of preview clips that Hulu has. I'm not sure what the best way to do this is in PseudoLibrary, but for the moment my config looks like this:

TVShows|Playon|Hulu/Your Subscriptions|"/Seasons$","E00","S00","/Seasons","/Clips"|100|1|""
TVShows|Playon|Hulu/Your Queue/Sort By Show|"/Seasons$","E00","S00","/Seasons","/Clips"|100|1|""

Is this how exceptions work in PseudoLibrary, or do I need to configure them in a different way?
I don't know if this project is abandoned yet or not? since there hasn't been any development on it for like a year. But a update would be nice, like the gui that was suppose to happen. I am also having problems with generating the streams. For example i create one from the cruncyroll plugin with the following format:

Episodes|Plugin|plugin://plugin.video.crunchyroll-takeout/Anime/Alphabetical/Akame ga Kill!|""|100|1|

And it only creates the first 6 episodes, I haveve tried changing it to generic and Tvshow and even messing with the limit. It still only creates the first 6 episodes instead of the 25. And it does it with other shows as well, it leaves out the last few or doesn't get all of them. Attack on titan was one for example, it wasn't until i messed around with the genre that after about 4 tries it created all the episodes.

I have to use a bulk renaming tool to rename them so they scan right into Kodi because of the way Crunchyroll handles the episode and season naming. But not getting all the episodes or skipping a few here and there makes it a lot more difficult to integrate.
I would like to ask you to add accent support for this.

If a name has áéí etc. it skips it
Trying to get community lists to work in PseudoTV Live, but running into a roadblock... when I go to the PseudoLibrary settings, under Community List, I can change the Enable setting to NA. However, as soon as I save the change and go back to the settings, it reverts back to Disabled. So, it seems like the setting isn't being saved.

I'm new to PseudoTV Live, so maybe this isn't the problem, but I'm guessing this is why the Community List options in the AutoTune settings for PseudoTV Live are greyed out. Any idea what's going on?
Bug 
Thanks for this awesome addon Lunatixz! Smile
I hope it's still in development, because there's a bug which stops the whole parsing process.

When a stream contains a special character (for me in Germany for example ä, ö, ü or ß) the process stops during the "unpackLiveID" event (log).

That makes it impossible to use the addon Undecided

Could you (or someone else) fix this problem? Sadly I don't have the skills to do it Blush

Thanks in advance!

Ben
Well, as much as I love the idea of this add-on, it's broken.

I'm modifying it to be two separate plugins. One for Netflix TV shows and movies. The other for Hulu TV shows. So far I've changed the file output to be named with tag (eg. Netflix is '.netfix.strm', and Hulu is '.hulu.strm'). That will allow me to add a custom case to my skin.

If anybody knows how to get Netflix to stop mixing TV shows and movies from the "My List" folder together, it would be much appreciated. My current idea to solve this is force a TV show that only contains 1 item to toss it over to movies.

If anybody interested, I should be posting my results on http://CouchBoundPC.com in an article in the near future.
@BenX

The bug is very simple to solve.

You must add '.encode("utf-8")' at line 1590 in the file "library.py".

Original: title = tmpstr[0].split(',')[1]
Change: title = tmpstr[0].split(',')[1].encode("utf-8")

I hope it helps.
Thank you very much Maven!
Finally it works Smile
Hi, wondered if anyone can help.

I use this to generate strms from Amazon Instant Prime and it works great, but I can't generate strms from youtube plugins - none of the example ones work or ones that I've tried myself. Has anyone had any luck with youtube strms and if so how were they added?

Many thanks
(2015-09-05, 11:39)Buff Wrote: Hi, wondered if anyone can help.

I use this to generate strms from Amazon Instant Prime and it works great, but I can't generate strms from youtube plugins - none of the example ones work or ones that I've tried myself. Has anyone had any luck with youtube strms and if so how were they added?

Many thanks

I think YouTube or the YouTube plugin changed something and PseudoLibrary can no longer create strms from it's current code. You can however using the PseudoLibrary Plugin format and pull videos from your own saved playlist.

Code:
Generic|Plugin|plugin.video.youtube/Playlists/???|""|100|1|""

It can be a taxing workaround depending on what your trying make strm files of, but it's the only solution I found.

PS: Off-topic so PM if you want but are you using the Amazon Instant Prime plugin by xlordx? I either get errors when trying to play videos or a DRM error for accessing a video too much (?). Just wondering if you have any solutions. I've wanted to add Prime videos to my library for a while. Also, if your using that plugin and not PlayOn or something, I think it has options to create it's own strm files.
(2015-09-06, 07:53)truConman Wrote: I think YouTube or the YouTube plugin changed something and PseudoLibrary can no longer create strms from it's current code. You can however using the PseudoLibrary Plugin format and pull videos from your own saved playlist.

Code:
Generic|Plugin|plugin.video.youtube/Playlists/???|""|100|1|""

It can be a taxing workaround depending on what your trying make strm files of, but it's the only solution I found.

PS: Off-topic so PM if you want but are you using the Amazon Instant Prime plugin by xlordx? I either get errors when trying to play videos or a DRM error for accessing a video too much (?). Just wondering if you have any solutions. I've wanted to add Prime videos to my library for a while. Also, if your using that plugin and not PlayOn or something, I think it has options to create it's own strm files.

Hi truConman, many thanks for your reply last week. That worked great, cheers.

Yes, it is the xlordx version (1.16 I believe) that I use. Most of the time I use it with PseudoLibrary to generate the strms and add them to my normal library. But occasionally I'll use the plugin in the normal way and it works fine. Did have a few issues early on with some strms not playing; my settings are set on 720p @4000kb so perhaps that helped not having it at the highest setting. I also had issues where it would log me out and when trying to log back in it would change the region back to the US (I'm in the UK) and sometimes not remember my login details. Haven't had any issues for a couple of months now though and the kids watch Amazon strms through the library every day (I'm so sick of Teen Titans!!)

Hope that helps
Great addon! Tested it and so far going good.

I use it with a plugin, but it's look like it always generates new streamfiles. Is it possible that it wil scan for already generated streamfiles and make streamfiles of the new movies/series? Or am i missing something.
Plugin is getting a makeover, it will no longer be a "script" that requires manual config. New plugin will be a video plugin, strm can be generated via content menu.

I would appreciate any feature suggestion now, while i'm finishing up the code...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Hey Luna! Good to see you back! Great to hear this is getting a workover.. No feature requests from me other than removing the manual config! hehe.. much appreciated
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoLibrary - Strm Generator w/ Library Integration: AMAZON/HULU/NETFLIX5