Android FTV: NFS no longer working (worked fine on ATV2)
I just switched from AppleTV 2 Frodo 12.3 to FireTV Gotham 13.2.

On the FTV I have problems to mount my NFS-Sources.

Checked my ATV2-Settings, the path there is nfs://mymac.local

This path is not accepted on the FTV, but changing the path to nfs://mymac at least shows me all the NFS-Volumes.

But none of these Volumes then can be mounted. Nothing happens.

Are there any differences how NFS works with iOS and FireOS?

I added the FTVs ip-adress to the list of accepted clients in the "NFS Manager"-Tool on my Mac.
Are there other changes I need to make due to switching to an Android-Client?
Romanes eunt domus
Yes you need to map the userid of the client which is different from the one from atv2 for sure Read the nfs wiki link in my signature and try to understand how it works. You have only fixed the half of the authentication mechanism (ip based security) and now you need to take care of the filesystem permissions (by either changing the fs permissions or by mapping the user id to the user id of the macuser which has proper fs permissions).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Without your NFS wiki I would not have been able to get NSF up and running for the ATV2 in the first place :-)

My NFS-shares all include the string "-mapall = 501".

So my humble understanding would be that, regardless of the username that now runs xbmc on the FTV,
all NFS-clients shall be mapped as the user id on my NFS-Server (iMac, User ID 501).

Your wiki mentions that the xbmc-username for iOS is "mobile". I don't know the one for Android/FireOS yet.
I could try then to specifically include the new username...

But since all usernames shall be mapped to 501 anyhow I don't understand why there is a problem at all.
Romanes eunt domus
Have you tried a different skin? I couldn't connect via nfs with one skin, but another worked fine.
501 is the source user - it might be different id on android
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
But Memphiz, 501 is the User ID on the iMac. All NFS-Clients/Users are mapped as 501 so they have the sufficient permissions to access the nfs-paths. So the Android Username should not matter. If I got your wiki right, that is.

I followed every instruction that is listed there (and it worked while I was running xbmc on an AppleTV).
Still, while the NFS Volumes are shown in xbmc, but they cannot be accessed.

Can anybody please verify if NFS works in the combination FireTV and Mac OSX Mavericks or Yosemite?

(2014-09-27, 00:40)Ozman Wrote: Have you tried a different skin? I couldn't connect via nfs with one skin, but another worked fine.

Which Skin are you using / enables NFS?
Romanes eunt domus
i use nfs on my fire tv with no issues.

All I did was add the share, did not change any settings in nfs manager and just have -alldirs set on the shares.

I cannot browse in xbmc via ifs for the add source function, I go to zeroconf, then find my server and the nfs is in there and accessible, but my firetv sees it as the server ip address with a port number, then the full share name….. as well as afp and smb, but I map to the nfs

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FTV: NFS no longer working (worked fine on ATV2)0