No audio or video with Yamaha AVR
Hi, Can anyone help?

My son set me up a Raspberry Pi, running the latest Gotham and Openelec, which all worked perfectly connected to a NAS, Onkyo AVR then Pioneer plasma (all via HDMI). I just replaced the Onkyo with a Yamaha RX-V675. I am pleased with the sound of the Yamaha and it works perfectly with my Blu-ray player but, here is my problem – I get nothing (no audio or video) when I connect the Raspberry Pi to the 675 using any of the HDMI inputs. If I connect directly to the TV (leaving the 675 out of the loop) the Pi works fine. I always turn on the AVR/TV before the Pi.

I've tried different HDMI cables with no luck. On reconnecting my Onkyo the Pi worked perfectly, as before.

Has anyone set up their Raspberry Pi with a 675 (or similar Yamaha AVR)? If so did you have to configure anything in XBMC, etc or did it just work (as was the case with my Onkyo)?

I am a complete novice at setting up the Pi but my son is coming home this weekend so will be able to help if anyone has any suggested fixes.

Any ideas gratefully received?
Did you add any hdmi options to config.txt for the Onkyo that may not be suitable for the Yamaha? (e.g. hdmi_edid_file)

If not, then start by adding
hdmi_safe=1

to config.txt which uses a very safe set of hdmi config options which are most likely to get a picture.
Thanks, I don't think my son made any changes to the Config.txt file (or any other) but I will check when I get home.
I have checked my config.txt and it was all defaults, I have tried adding hdmi_safe=1 however that did not work.
I've tried setting config_hdmi_boost to 4 and 7, neither worked, enabling hdmi_force_hotplug and various other tweaks but nothing seems to work.

I installed Raspbmc and that had the same issue, works through the TV but not the Yamaha, and then reinstalling Openelec again with the same result.

If you have any other suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
I have no issues at all with Raspbmc Gotham 13.2 and a Yamaha RX-V671. I have hdmi_force_hotplug=1 and
hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1 in my config.txt. I don't remember configuring anything special in XBMC for the AVR.
I'm having the exact same issue. Did you ever come up with a resolution to this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No audio or video with Yamaha AVR0