Internet Connectivity Issues
So I have searched the forums, and sort of got my answer, but not very clear what my options are.

On my new cheap Android tablet, I first installed Gotham. No internet connectivity. Figured from forums could be firmware issue. Made sure I had latest firmware. No luck. Then tried with Kodi latest build. SAME problem.

So installed Frodo instead. WORKS!

So my question is, will I never be able to get Internet Connectivity going forward until a miracle happens? My tablet is an AllWinner A20
Not sure. I've seen many threads where people had a connection issue, and sometimes they resolve it and sometimes not, but I'm not sure what the pattern is, or what the sure fix is.

I think in one situation XBMC/Kodi was starting right away before Android had connected to the network, but I'd think XBMC would still attempt to make a connection when the user tries again, without having to quit and restart XBMC.

*shrug*
well, xbmc is not starting before android tablet gos on the network. So thats certainly not the issue. it has to be something xbmc has started assuming about the network protocol stack. if the hardware does not talk back the way it expects...

the fact that frodo works tells me xbmc devs decided backward compatibility is not worth it. it could also be something more subtle. on another allwinner a20 tablet, xbmc can connect. slight difference in firmware perhaps. one problem with android you don't have with iOS and Windows. Too many damn variations.

Hopefully someone will find a solution for me, or this tablet will slowly die XBMC death.
I doubt it was a conscious decision to exclude internet connections for a specific device.
(2014-09-27, 16:42)Ned Scott Wrote: I doubt it was a conscious decision to exclude internet connections for a specific device.

No, no that is not what i am saying at all. if so read again what i said. so i purchased two different allwinner a20 tablets. one white one black. both say they have android 4.2.2 and both say they have latest os and firmware. for onei have no issues with gotham and kodi. for the other i do.

i think my bad luck is excellent. android i blame more than anything. but when can buy a $70 10 inch tablet with keyboard, i can only complain so much. then again it is not my fault xbmc has spoilt me so i want it to work on every device Smile
Actually I made a mistake. The tablet on which XBMC has no internet connectivity issues has 4.4.2. The tablet on which it does has 4.2.2. You can see how easily one can make mistake

So can someone confirm they don't have issues with 4.4.2? In which case I can try and get 4.4.2 on the other tablet. Another thing I noticed is HD playback stutterring on the tablet with 4.2.2. So thinking 4.4.2 might just solve all my problems.
I have a TV box with android 4.2.2 with the same problems. Frodo works correctly, but in Gotham or later versions (Kodi) there is no internet connectivity.
I have the same issue on my TV box with android 4.2.2. Frodo works fine, anything newer no. Anyone any ideas on how to fix this yet?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Internet Connectivity Issues0