Theme keeps 'freezing' and can't change wallpaper?
Hi I like this theme, but compared to Confluence it seems very sluggish and unstable. For example, very often when closing out of any operation (like when changing a setting), the screen will lock up for 20 or 30 seconds at a time. Eventually it will sort itself out, but it can make for a frustrating experience. Also shutting XBMC down with this skin can take up to a minute. Again with Confluence, there is no issue at all. Everything is very smooth and fluid, although Confluence lacks the reconfigurability of AN.

Also I have found that I cannot change any of the backgrounds. I have tried selecting local images and random fan art. But on the main scree I am stuck with an image of 'Gravity' the movie (which was the worst movie in history in my view, lol) and the same default art n all the other sections, regardless of what I do.

Also, something that doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me. I know this is a theme and it's trying to be different, but why do I have to click through a bunch of different menu entries on the home screen, just to get to the entry to exit to the desktop - which is my most used power option?

There's a nice near little chunk of empty space down at the bottom left of the screen where a power button could go. Clicking this, as in Confluence would be a real time saver.
You don't mention which Aeon Nox skin you are using. I'm guessing possibly 4.1.9 Gotham? It's a very heavy skin and can be quite sluggish on systems without a lot of CPU muscle. You might want to try Aeon Nox 5. It's designed to be faster and lighter.

As far as a quick exit goes, just hit "s" on a keyboard and select "Exit". Or map a button on your remote to the letter s.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
The Skin version says it's 5.15. It seems very sluggish. I have a Zotac ZBox EN760 (basically a Steambox), which despite its (very) small size has a ton of computing grunt. I can play all the latest PC games on high, or extreme settings with it, so lack of power isn't the issue.

Not sure how I go about mapping the 's' key to my remote. I would be keen to find out if you can point me to a tutorial though. Smile

Also, why can't I change wallpapers? I really didn't like Gravity the movie. I don't know why I seem to be stuck with this graphic?
(2014-09-28, 22:58)raid517 Wrote: The Skin version says it's 5.15. It seems very sluggish. I have a Zotac ZBox EN760 (basically a Steambox), which despite its (very) small size has a ton of computing grunt. I can play all the latest PC games on high, or extreme settings with it, so lack of power isn't the issue.

Not sure how I go about mapping the 's' key to my remote. I would be keen to find out if you can point me to a tutorial though. Smile

Also, why can't I change wallpapers? I really didn't like Gravity the movie. I don't know why I seem to be stuck with this graphic?

Ig you google your remote + xbmc wiki you'll probably find instructions. Backgrounds can be changed in skin settings System>Appearance>Skin>Settings.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Yes I tried changing the background in skin settings, both by selecting a local file and choosing 'random fan art' and all the other options too. Nothing works.
To be clear how do I change the home screen background?
System>Appearance>Skin>Settings>Setup Aeon Nox Main Menu- This will give you a list of all items in the Home (Main) Menu. You can customize each one from this screen i.e. enable/disable, swap locations, etc. Most of the actions are self explanatory. To change the backgrounds select "Set Item Background" and you will see this popup screen-

Just select the background you want from the list.

I can't remember for sure, but it may be necessary to re-launch Kodi for your changes to appear.

Note: You can also move the Power item to a better location from this menu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Theme keeps 'freezing' and can't change wallpaper?0