Android Fire TV - Play button stopped working for pause
Since the Sep 25 nightly build, the play button has stopped working for pausing the video. You now have to press the Select button to bring up the menu and then press it again to pause. Anyone know what's up?
I have the same problem with a Linux Helix beta 2 build.

It appears that the keypress is getting dropped somewhere because I can't find the play / stop buttons being logged in the kodi.log.

I built 14.0b2 because of the SDL breaking remotes issue: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=202997

I presume they aren't related.
(2014-09-29, 06:12)Knocks Wrote: Since the Sep 25 nightly build, the play button has stopped working for pausing the video. You now have to press the Select button to bring up the menu and then press it again to pause. Anyone know what's up?

Are you using a custom remote.xml? This change in behaviour is likely due to PR5307. The solution is to edit your remote.xml and change "<play>Play</play>" to "<play>PlayPause</play>", the latter being the new system default.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Milhouse,

I know you were replying to Knocks, but I tried your suggestion and it didn't work. I made a post in the Linux forum here:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=208864

Thanks.
I have the same issue with the Play/Pause button not working. I'm running the Kodi nightly from 11/15: kodi-20141115-35527b7-master-armeabi-v7a.apk on the FireTV. I pushed the alternative keymap 3 and while all of the other buttons work as intended, the play/pause does nothing in fullscreen video. I even tried inserting a <play_pause>PlayPause</play_pause> and when that didn't work, a <play>Play</play> in the alt keyboard file, to no avail.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

EDIT: SOLVED. I had to push the keyboard.xml file to /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/ ...I was using the old xbmc filepath.

(2014-11-13, 12:26)Milhouse Wrote:
(2014-09-29, 06:12)Knocks Wrote: Since the Sep 25 nightly build, the play button has stopped working for pausing the video. You now have to press the Select button to bring up the menu and then press it again to pause. Anyone know what's up?

Are you using a custom remote.xml? This change in behaviour is likely due to PR5307. The solution is to edit your remote.xml and change "<play>Play</play>" to "<play>PlayPause</play>", the latter being the new system default.
hello friends, I have problem to give pause using the IPTV Simple . Is disabled , I tried the key map and nothing .
(2015-05-26, 23:45)ventalli Wrote: hello friends, I have problem to give pause using the IPTV Simple . Is disabled , I tried the key map and nothing .

Pause does not work for IPTV Simple.
Created addon that the pause in streaming =)
Im having same issue on my SATV using my TV remote via CEC.
Only stop and arrow keys and enter works. Play and Pause stopped working.
Not using custom keymap.
I know I'm late to the party, but thanks for the thread. I have just used the same keyboard.xml file each time I update, and this helped me resolve my pause problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fire TV - Play button stopped working for pause0