• 1(current)
Req Titan skin feature requests
Hi all...

I wanted a place for myself (and to share with others) to list the feature requests for the Titan skin.
Do you have an improvement or did you find a bug ? Don't hecitate to post it on the forum!

If you like this skin and you feel that you would like to help out a little bit then you can buy me a beer :-)
Great idea. I know the community will provide some fantastic ideas as we've seen in the Kodi logo thread...if only the community had been involved in the choice for a new name for xbmc Smile

Easy one to start with; can you change the default sound on start-up? I feel like I've heard it before...but still, to my ears, its not great. Not sure why you need a start-up sound?
(2014-09-30, 20:41)logan_x50 Wrote: Great idea. I know the community will provide some fantastic ideas as we've seen in the Kodi logo thread...if only the community had been involved in the choice for a new name for xbmc Smile

Easy one to start with; can you change the default sound on start-up? I feel like I've heard it before...but still, to my ears, its not great. Not sure why you need a start-up sound?

You can disable the skin sounds in main xbmc settings. Or do you mean just the startup sound ?
Just the startup sound. where did you get it from? I Can't place where I've heard it before and its bugging meBlush
(2014-10-01, 00:33)logan_x50 Wrote: Just the startup sound. where did you get it from? I Can't place where I've heard it before and its bugging meBlush

There's no startup sound defined. I think you mean the "notify" sound when there's an info/error dialog.
That's just the default MediaPortal sound.
(2014-10-01, 13:13)marcelveldt Wrote: There's no startup sound defined. I think you mean the "notify" sound when there's an info/error dialog.

You're 100% right. I just heard the noise when the info message popped up when some add-on was being updated. Any chance you can kill it? I'm not sure you need it, the info pop-up is sufficient...to my ears the sound is a bit grating and I don't want to disable sounds altogether
Hello everybody,

I have a few suggestions:

1. It would be nice to have the information (description) of the tv guide on the OSD screen.
2 discart support for movies and music would be a really nice feature.

thank you,

Alex Kruidenberg
(2014-10-02, 12:33)logan_x50 Wrote:
(2014-10-01, 13:13)marcelveldt Wrote: There's no startup sound defined. I think you mean the "notify" sound when there's an info/error dialog.

You're 100% right. I just heard the noise when the info message popped up when some add-on was being updated. Any chance you can kill it? I'm not sure you need it, the info pop-up is sufficient...to my ears the sound is a bit grating and I don't want to disable sounds altogether

changed the startupsound, it was indeed annoying :-)
Never really noticed because I have my sound off

(2014-10-02, 16:56)AlexKruidenberg Wrote: 1. It would be nice to have the information (description) of the tv guide on the OSD screen.
2 discart support for movies and music would be a really nice feature.

Thanks for the feedback!

As for 1 --> This is allready possible, if there's guide info or movie info it's displayed when you open the OSD.
I made it a configurable setting in latest release.

As for 2 --> Good idea, added it to "the "TODO list"
Change Power Menu

1) when selecting power button the menu appears in the same row as the power button rather than in the middle of the screen
2) make power menu transparent. row of options (switch user, settings, quit, etc) are transparent like the current power button
(2014-10-04, 14:35)logan_x50 Wrote: Change Power Menu

1) when selecting power button the menu appears in the same row as the power button rather than in the middle of the screen
2) make power menu transparent. row of options (switch user, settings, quit, etc) are transparent like the current power button

I now moved the powermenu to the bottom (for default theme), so it is consequent with submenu.
(2014-10-04, 16:06)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-10-04, 14:35)logan_x50 Wrote: Change Power Menu

I now moved the powermenu to the bottom (for default theme), so it is consequent with submenu.

Much better imho. thanks very much
New BETA-version available (v2.0.22):

- Support for series recordings with DVBLink PVR client
- Option to set backgrounds for the XBMC sections
- Option to disable the "now playing background"
- Option to disable Fanart background in the various views
- New views: big panel and large poster
- Good set of default settings for new users
- For Helix users: set other views in Recorded TV
(2014-10-12, 12:40)marcelveldt Wrote: New BETA-version available (v2.0.22):

- Support for series recordings with DVBLink PVR client
- Option to set backgrounds for the XBMC sections
- Option to disable the "now playing background"
- Option to disable Fanart background in the various views
- New views: big panel and large poster
- Good set of default settings for new users
- For Helix users: set other views in Recorded TV

@ marcelvedt can you help me with the expected behaviour of the backgrounds setting? I thought that I could choose a unique setting for each tile but that doesn't quite seem to be the case. for instance I can't seem to choose 2 tiles with fan art, only one with fan art then 1 defaults.

It would also be nice to be able to select login screen background
(2014-10-16, 17:14)logan_x50 Wrote: @ marcelvedt can you help me with the expected behaviour of the backgrounds setting? I thought that I could choose a unique setting for each tile but that doesn't quite seem to be the case. for instance I can't seem to choose 2 tiles with fan art, only one with fan art then 1 defaults.

It would also be nice to be able to select login screen background

That sounds like a bug to me...
I choose to set the backgrounds based on the section (e.g. movies or livetv) and not at the tile level.
Offcourse it's possible to change it to tile-based except I thought things might get to complicated than...

Can you explain to me what you're trying to accomplish for me to know if it's u bug or a "by design" thing ?
You should be possible to enable a background setting for each section, isn't that the case ?

Did you like the adjustments I've made on the skin settings ?
Is it more easy to understand now ?

Problem is with every more user-settable feature things get more complicated at the settings-level :-)

Adding the loginscreen as a section is something I forgot, will add that, nice suggestion.
[/quote]

That sounds like a bug to me...
I choose to set the backgrounds based on the section (e.g. movies or livetv) and not at the tile level.
Offcourse it's possible to change it to tile-based except I thought things might get to complicated than...

Can you explain to me what you're trying to accomplish for me to know if it's u bug or a "by design" thing ?
You should be possible to enable a background setting for each section, isn't that the case ?

Did you like the adjustments I've made on the skin settings ?
Is it more easy to understand now ?

Problem is with every more user-settable feature things get more complicated at the settings-level :-)

Adding the loginscreen as a section is something I forgot, will add that, nice suggestion.
[/quote]

I think we are talking about the same thing. I only have 1 row. Movies (tile), Tv Shows (tile) Weather (tile) etc. I thought I would be able to mix n match the background for each i.e. for Movies maybe the default background, for TV Fanart and for weather maybe a custom from file. Anyway, i don't seem to be able to do this. It doesn't quite seem to behave as per my setting in the backgrounds settings section.

I think the skin settings changes are great. I actually think you've managed to increase the customisation AND make it easier to understand by logical ordering. I can see you would probably want to combine the tiles menu and the tiles ordering menu at some point probably by electing a number for the tile in the tile settings.

I have another small change request which is to change the "context menu" colour from white on blue to black on blue when you highlight...basically make it the same behaviour as the home screen sub menus
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan skin feature requests4