• 3(current)
Req Titan skin feature requests
Awesome updates - thanks man!!

I May be able to help point you in the right direction for the delayed momentary display of OSD info at the start of video playback.

Check out skin.confluence.custom.mod 2.0.7 by mudislander (he has a git repo)

The skin setting for the toggle I think is

HideInfoStartOSD

It appears the magic happens in VideoFullScreen.xml

Hope that helps :-)

I will ponder other suggestions and continue to test your betas - I am running Helix beta2 so I am glad you are pushing the new features to both your gotham and helix betas skins

Thanks again!

Mario
(2014-11-12, 02:52)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-11-08, 10:15)mgonzales Wrote: Two final feature request / thoughts -

Icons view (option) in favorites

And

Custom Widgets where you can add add-on or favorites to be displayed above a main menu item

For example it would be much like submenu creation but display in icon view above the menu item and you could create a custom widget for each menu item.

Well, I'll add that to the todo list as it will require some more work ;-)
Nice idea though!

Fixes are available in new beta version, v.2.1.9

If it helps, there are skins out there in the wild which use the additional sub-menus ("Advanced Usage.txt", section "Multiple Sub-Menus") feature of the skin shortcuts script to provide a widget which can be customised in the same way as a submenu.
Hi Marcelveldt,

was wondering whether you would consider a couple of cosmetics
a) Change the main Tile title and highlight to match the submenu. So transparent black with white text rather than light blue/white or light blue/black
b) Carry the Focuscolour selection over to the main Tile (currently only shows in submenu)
(2014-11-12, 03:54)Unfledged Wrote: If it helps, there are skins out there in the wild which use the additional sub-menus ("Advanced Usage.txt", section "Multiple Sub-Menus") feature of the skin shortcuts script to provide a widget which can be customised in the same way as a submenu.

Ah, thanks, I didn't think of that. Should be rather easy to add it than as all the logic is allready there...
(2014-11-12, 03:54)Unfledged Wrote: If it helps, there are skins out there in the wild which use the additional sub-menus ("Advanced Usage.txt", section "Multiple Sub-Menus") feature of the skin shortcuts script to provide a widget which can be customised in the same way as a submenu.

Well, I tried to use that but I can't access the second submenu dynamically...
I tried the approach with the dynamic content (plugin://script.skinshortcuts?type=submenu&level=1&mainmenuID=9000) but the list isn't filled with content.

The whole idea is to let the user set a second submenu (which I will call custom widget) and put in shortcuts (for example favorites), if they apply the custom widget to a main menu item that second submenu is shown in the widget placeholder...

Any ideas ?
I just went to try this and discovered a bug in the additional submenu code which caused it to load the default submenus items if no items were specifically set for it - and it looks like the documentation is wrong too - it should be levels=1 Blush - so let me know if you have problems with the git version (and I'll start to move towards updating the repo version with this fix.)
(2014-11-12, 15:11)Unfledged Wrote: I just went to try this and discovered a bug in the additional submenu code which caused it to load the default submenus items if no items were specifically set for it - and it looks like the documentation is wrong too - it should be levels=1 Blush - so let me know if you have problems with the git version (and I'll start to move towards updating the repo version with this fix.)

Sorry , the list is still empty, using git version.

I have assigned a second submenu to a shortcut and try to show the content dynamically in a list with this info in the content tag:
plugin://script.skinshortcuts?type=submenu&levels=1&mainmenuID=300
The script doesn't have the ability to dynamically fill a list - hasn't for a very long time! Performance wasn't anywhere near good enough. If that's still in the docs I really need to do some re-writing! The method to use additional submenus is the same as for the primary submenu - add the levels=1 to the build command (normally in home.xml and skinsettings.xml), then in the list for the additional submenu:

<include>skinshortcuts-submenu-1</include>

Edit: Whoops, the documentation is REALLY out of date for the additional submenus. I'll re-write it this evening.
(2014-11-12, 16:32)Unfledged Wrote: The script doesn't have the ability to dynamically fill a list - hasn't for a very long time! Performance wasn't anywhere near good enough. If that's still in the docs I really need to do some re-writing! The method to use additional submenus is the same as for the primary submenu - add the levels=1 to the build command (normally in home.xml and skinsettings.xml), then in the list for the additional submenu:

<include>skinshortcuts-submenu-1</include>

Edit: Whoops, the documentation is REALLY out of date for the additional submenus. I'll re-write it this evening.

OK, that's no problem at all. BUT....
There's also an issue with that side :-)

This visibility check is in the submenu:

[StringCompare(Container(300).ListItem.Property(submenuVisibility),programs-1)]

But it shouldn't contain the -1 as the mainmenu item is just programs (without the -1)

So if the visibility check in the submenu could just be the same for the normal submenu, all is fine :-)
Good point (can you tell it's been a long while since the additional submenu code has been touched Wink) - I can't actually test at the moment, but this is hopefully now fixed on git.
(2014-11-12, 16:50)Unfledged Wrote: Good point (can you tell it's been a long while since the additional submenu code has been touched Wink) - I can't actually test at the moment, but this is hopefully now fixed on git.

Yes, it's fixed. Thanks a lot!
(2014-11-12, 09:40)logan_x50 Wrote: Hi Marcelveldt,

was wondering whether you would consider a couple of cosmetics
a) Change the main Tile title and highlight to match the submenu. So transparent black with white text rather than light blue/white or light blue/black
b) Carry the Focuscolour selection over to the main Tile (currently only shows in submenu)

a) You can change the hightlight/focus color for the home in the skin settings...
Is that what you mean ?

b) I can make the main-tile title highlighted if you enter it's submenu.
Now I have an title header above the submenu...
What to do ? Remove the extra title at the submenu and instead keep main title highlighted when entering sub ?
Or do you have any ideas ?
(2014-11-12, 17:50)marcelveldt Wrote: a) You can change the hightlight/focus color for the home in the skin settings...
Is that what you mean ?
I don't think so. I'll take a screenshot and illustrate.

(2014-11-12, 17:50)marcelveldt Wrote: b) I can make the main-tile title highlighted if you enter it's submenu.
Now I have an title header above the submenu...
What to do ? Remove the extra title at the submenu and instead keep main title highlighted when entering sub ?
Or do you have any ideas ?
nee. again i think if I illustrate the request it will be easier
(2014-11-12, 18:24)logan_x50 Wrote: I don't think so. I'll take a screenshot and illustrate.

Please do, thanks!
Hello,

Thank you for your great work! I have a few questions.

1. When i watch live tv and press the 'i' (information) button, i don't get information about the channel with the classic skin, even if i enable the option for video OSD.

2. When do we get support for discart in the movie section?

3.I like the poster view of Aeon Nox. Maybe it's a good idea for Titan?

Thank you (and sorry for my bad english)
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan skin feature requests4