• 4(current)
Req Titan skin feature requests
(2014-11-12, 18:44)AlexKruidenberg Wrote: Hello,

Thank you for your great work! I have a few questions.
1. When i watch live tv and press the 'i' (information) button, i don't get information about the channel with the classic skin, even if i enable the option for video OSD.

2. When do we get support for discart in the movie section?

3.I like the poster view of Aeon Nox. Maybe it's a good idea for Titan?

Thank you (and sorry for my bad english)

Hoi Alex, bedankt voor je feedback :-)

1. Uhm, just found out I never included support for the channelinfo in classic theme... Should be a quick fix.

2. The discart is added in latest beta version, only in the movieinfo als fullscreeninfo dialogs. Where did you have the discart in mind ?

3. Yes that "wall like" posters view is nice indeed... Will add that one later this week.

EDIT: infopanel for classic theme added (was a quick fix)
available in beta version 2.1.20 (see beta repo in first post)
(2014-11-12, 03:40)mgonzales Wrote: I will ponder other suggestions and continue to test your betas - I am running Helix beta2 so I am glad you are pushing the new features to both your gotham and helix betas skins

Thanks again!

Mario

Hi Mario,

Well, I managed to fix that "auto show osd panel", didn't use the workaround from the confluence mod but thought about something else myself and that worked like a charm.

Also been busy with the "custom widget" request. Thanks to Unfledged (author of skinshortcuts) a little issue was very quickly fixed and I have a beta version for you to try the concept out...

I created it like this:

1. In the menu editor page, assign a widget to a shortcut.
2. In the dialog where you can choose widgets, choose "user defined widget"
3. Now there should appear a button in the list or the right menu which lets you define the widget.
4. Just like with the submenus you can add in any item you want.

Version 2.1.20 (helix 3.1.20) is now uploaded to the beta repo, should be available in a few minutes.
Please give it a try and let me know!
(2014-11-12, 22:10)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-11-12, 03:40)mgonzales Wrote: I will ponder other suggestions and continue to test your betas - I am running Helix beta2 so I am glad you are pushing the new features to both your gotham and helix betas skins

Thanks again!

Mario

Hi Mario,

Well, I managed to fix that "auto show osd panel", didn't use the workaround from the confluence mod but thought about something else myself and that worked like a charm.

Also been busy with the "custom widget" request. Thanks to Unfledged (author of skinshortcuts) a little issue was very quickly fixed and I have a beta version for you to try the concept out...

I created it like this:

1. In the menu editor page, assign a widget to a shortcut.
2. In the dialog where you can choose widgets, choose "user defined widget"
3. Now there should appear a button in the list or the right menu which lets you define the widget.
4. Just like with the submenus you can add in any item you want.

Version 2.1.20 (helix 3.1.20) is now uploaded to the beta repo, should be available in a few minutes.
Please give it a try and let me know!

Wow you are on a roll!

I think the on-screen display at playback works for me it just goes by so quickly I can barely see it - really I see something blink for just a moment and then playback starts.., maybe you could increase the delay and length of display time?

I was able to create my own custom widget wow that worked great!!

One possible bug is now my movie widget doesn't seem to work - it displays Items but if you try to select them nothing happens.

I haven't tried any other widgets since up until now I only ran movie and weather widgets - weather widget seems to work as it has in the past.

Regarding the custom widget -

Just two things

the sideways triangle has no function and if you select it by mistake you may think it is not working right.

And The displayed picture in the upper right hand corner is out of aspect ratio for the tile on the homepage.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jw9o8x4x8zrwnn...t.png?dl=0

Once again incredible work and many thanks for making this great skin!!

Your development is outpacing my thoughts for ideas :-)

I will give another ponder and see what I can come up with hehe
One other item of note is that I created a second custom widget and that distorted picture in the upper right-hand corner seems to follow all the custom widgets - I don't see a way to change it and it doesn't seem to correlate with the icon you select in the widget panel itself.

Maybe provide a way for you to set the widgets photo or have it followed the selected item in the widget panel.

Or maybe #2 Wink all the extra space and display of the photo in that second top panel in the custom widget is not even necessary?

Thanks again for all the awesome work!

Mario
(2014-11-13, 07:10)mgonzales Wrote: I think the on-screen display at playback works for me it just goes by so quickly I can barely see it - really I see something blink for just a moment and then playback starts.., maybe you could increase the delay and length of display time?

One possible bug is now my movie widget doesn't seem to work - it displays Items but if you try to select them nothing happens.

I haven't tried any other widgets since up until now I only ran movie and weather widgets - weather widget seems to work as it has in the past.

Just two things

the sideways triangle has no function and if you select it by mistake you may think it is not working right.

And The displayed picture in the upper right hand corner is out of aspect ratio for the tile on the homepage.

1. I've now set the time for the OSD to 5 seconds but I'll extend it, maybe even make it configurable...

2. The issue you describe about the movies widget is a issue in the Helix beta build. Should be fixed in recent nightly builds.

3. I'll fix the image and the button for the user defined widgets, didn't think of that.

Thanks for testing again. Will let you know when a new version will be available.
(2014-11-13, 07:36)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-11-13, 07:10)mgonzales Wrote: I think the on-screen display at playback works for me it just goes by so quickly I can barely see it - really I see something blink for just a moment and then playback starts.., maybe you could increase the delay and length of display time?

Just two things

1. I've now set the time for the OSD to 5 seconds but I'll extend it, maybe even make it configurable...

2. The issue you describe about the movies widget is a issue in the Helix beta build. Should be fixed in recent nightly builds.

3. I'll fix the image and the button for the user defined widgets, didn't think of that.

Thanks for testing again. Will let you know when a new version will be available.

Cool - thanks - I will test once you have pushed a new beta.

Couple of items I've noticed with OSD and artwork displayed when using add-ons for TV or movies -

Notice even though I have the artwork available it is not fully displayed for add-ons.

I used Genesis add-on for Family Guy and 1Channel for guardians of the galaxy to test this as you can see from the following screenshots:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cgvju0jc7e8a0z...t.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0cygqg214ni60j...t.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/onlhugivqso2ps...t.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2g4cijdvhv5bnb...t.png?dl=0

I will note that local movie files will display the artwork as expected - I don't have any local TV shows to test and confirm but think they most likely will display properly also.

I suspect this display issue only affects add-ons.

I will snag a TV show file and test tomorrow to see what results I get.

Thank again!!

Mario
For those looking for a nice yet simple custom overlay to use with Titan - here is a favorite of mine you may enjoy:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dsrbabx451my9h...M.png?dl=0

Cheers,

Mario
(2014-11-13, 09:27)mgonzales Wrote: For those looking for a nice yet simple custom overlay to use with Titan - here is a favorite of mine you may enjoy:
Cheers,
Mario

Nice one! Is it copyright free ? If so I can add it to the skin, I was still looking for some good overlays.
(2014-11-13, 10:06)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-11-13, 09:27)mgonzales Wrote: For those looking for a nice yet simple custom overlay to use with Titan - here is a favorite of mine you may enjoy:
Cheers,
Mario

Nice one! Is it copyright free ? If so I can add it to the skin, I was still looking for some good overlays.

Yes - I created it so enjoy and do with as you please :-)
(2014-11-13, 08:57)mgonzales Wrote: Cool - thanks - I will test once you have pushed a new beta.
Couple of items I've noticed with OSD and artwork displayed when using add-ons for TV or movies -
Notice even though I have the artwork available it is not fully displayed for add-ons.

Nice catch you found out that the artwork is only missing at addons.
I will look into it later today. I think that the addons don't set the right listitem-properties but that's just a wild guess right now.

Does this work in another skin as a reference for me ?
(2014-11-13, 10:12)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-11-13, 08:57)mgonzales Wrote: Cool - thanks - I will test once you have pushed a new beta.

Nice catch you found out that the artwork is only missing at addons.
I will look into it later today. I think that the addons don't set the right listitem-properties but that's just a wild guess right now.

Does this work in another skin as a reference for me ?

I'll have to get back to you on that - since I'm using helix beta 2 and most available skins aren't compatible yet - I will have to download a couple of skins that might display correctly but unzip them directly to the kodi addons folder to see.

Unfortunately not a lot of skins have embraced full (extended) artwork support.

I will post what I find tomorrow - and if anyone else has some insight into this and can post the name of the skin they know of that would be helpful.

I am off to bed for the evening thanks again have a good night all!!

Mario
Hi marcelveldt, for me at least 2.1.20 is totally borked which brings me to my request. I see you now show (BETA) version in the skin name from xbmb3c repo repo but at least on my xbmc 13.2 i can't switch between the stable version in the xbmc repo and the beta version. Internally xbmc seems to think they are the same skin even though the names are different.
(2014-11-13, 10:37)logan_x50 Wrote: Hi marcelveldt, for me at least 2.1.20 is totally borked which brings me to my request. I see you now show (BETA) version in the skin name from xbmb3c repo repo but at least on my xbmc 13.2 i can't switch between the stable version in the xbmc repo and the beta version. Internally xbmc seems to think they are the same skin even though the names are different.

Hi Logan,

What is borked? That shouldn't happen at all. Indeed the versions on the xbmb3c repo are considered beta but should at least have no big problems.

As for your question about beta and stable versions:
Do not install the xbmb3c repo and you'll only have the stable version on official xbmc repo.
New features and bugfixes are always first made available on the beta version and after extended testing and user reports this goes to official XBMC repo.

Please let me know what is wrong with version 2.1.20 as I'm not aware of things broken...
This only included a new feature to display the OSD on video start and to create widgets yourself.
(2014-11-13, 10:59)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-11-13, 10:37)logan_x50 Wrote: Hi marcelveldt, for me at least 2.1.20 is totally borked which brings me to my request. I see you now show (BETA) version in the skin name from xbmb3c repo repo but at least on my xbmc 13.2 i can't switch between the stable version in the xbmc repo and the beta version. Internally xbmc seems to think they are the same skin even though the names are different.

Hi Logan,

What is borked? That shouldn't happen at all. Indeed the versions on the xbmb3c repo are considered beta but should at least have no big problems.

As for your question about beta and stable versions:
Do not install the xbmb3c repo and you'll only have the stable version on official xbmc repo.
New features and bugfixes are always first made available on the beta version and after extended testing and user reports this goes to official XBMC repo.

Please let me know what is wrong with version 2.1.20 as I'm not aware of things broken...
This only included a new feature to display the OSD on video start and to create widgets yourself.

In the eyes of XBMC / kodi when running the beta and non-beta skin they are the same and can causes strange behaviors so only have one instance / variant of the skin in your add-ons folder at once.

I experienced this "borked" issue a while back when I had both stable and beta skins installed.

Uninstall the stable version and see if your issues go away or not.

Having said that if you must run both I think the issue may be resolved if you changed the addon ID= to "skin.titan.helix.beta" in the skins addon.xml file and renamed the skin folder to match.

but that will mean all your settings will be separate from the non-Beta skin in your guisettings.xml file

I solved this issue just by making sure that I was only running one variant of the titan skin in my addons folder

I have found helix beta 2 to be pretty stable so far sans a few issues with third party addons but most have posted betas to their respective git repos

Plus I am enjoying testing out all the new Titan skin feature in the betas and am willing to deal with complications should they arise - hang in there and help test if you can :-)

Hope this helps
had to switch back to confluence that's how bad things areSmile
Hope the pics demonstrate its borkedness on my system at least. Can barely make out text, have lost all tiles, can't see certain parts of the UI on screen at all

What would be great would be if the beta and stable skins were truly separate skins so i could switch back to stable if the current beta doesn't suit for some reason
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan skin feature requests4