• 24(current)
Req Titan skin feature requests
(2015-01-05, 02:25)mgonzales Wrote: I was always curious why you had a classic theme in addition to the default... Has it sufficiently driven you mad supporting two themes yet? ;-)

Maybe at some point when you reach a stable feature-rich version you should fork off "titan classic" as a separate skin - not saying that you should let it wither and die but it seems like it's becoming an orphan already maybe?

Maybe put some code in that would Ping back optionally (default inclusive) and anonymously via a simple counter script what themes were in use? Over time the counter would indicate if it's even being used and to what extent.

I still prefer the percentage as a number for buffering. (Give us both the progress bar change and percentage) Wink

And I don't have a pause indicator anymore:

The classic theme is the original port of the Titan skin from MediaPortal which is as close to the original as the xbmc skinning engine let's me. It's the initial work of ReazorFX what I finished back then. The default skin theme is my own approach on things and it's just a matter of personal taste which one you like. I think there are actually quite a lot users using the classic theme.

As for maintaining both themes in the same skin, it's a bit more trouble for me with coding but 80% of the skin shares the same structure.
For now I don't really see the need for splitting them up but maybe I'll change my mind. Offcourse it's possible to split them up, but in that case you get the classic theme as seperate which only gets essential bugfixes. Now both themes profit functionality updates but it may be hard to understand for users that there are two themes.

Your question about the buffer bar and pause indicator; Think this is removed by accident, will put it back in there off course.
The flexibility of your skins' menu and submenu is really great but of course we want more Wink
What i really like to see is the ability to define "Container.SetViewMode( )" for the shortcuts.
Now depending on itemtype it's always the same viewmode.
For example i like to use "List" for my movie genre submenu button, "Poster Shift" for recently added movies and "Panel Wall" for movies in General.

Is that possible somehow?
(2015-01-05, 21:29)pünktchen Wrote: The flexibility of your skins' menu and submenu is really great but of course we want more Wink
What i really like to see is the ability to define "Container.SetViewMode( )" for the shortcuts.
For example i like to use "List" for my movie genre submenu button, "Poster Shift" for recently added movies and "Panel Wall" for movies in General.

I thought that XBMC/Kodi does this by default. It remembers your view selection for the path and not the contenttype.
If not, I think I'll be able to create someyhing custom for this, have done it before for the mediabrowser addon too but I really think it's already functioning that way by default in kodi.
Offcourse correct me when I'm wrong :-)

(2015-01-04, 14:05)logan_x50 Wrote: is it possible to add the video playlists option?
Fixed. Available in latest beta.
Also the appearance settings menu is fixed in the beta so please check it out, I added option for you in there to only apply the overlay in media views and together with the other customization options like changing the colors, set background panels etc. I think you have a great solution for your "kids movies" but please test it out.
(2015-01-05, 21:32)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-01-05, 21:29)pünktchen Wrote: The flexibility of your skins' menu and submenu is really great but of course we want more Wink

I thought that XBMC/Kodi does this by default. It remembers your view selection for the path and not the contenttype.
If not, I think I'll be able to create someyhing custom for this, have done it before for the mediabrowser addon too but I really think it's already functioning that way by default in kodi.
Offcourse correct me when I'm wrong :-)

It remembers the viewmodes here for series, season and episodes, but ALL movie views of mediabrowser get the same viewmode :-(
(2015-01-05, 21:43)pünktchen Wrote: It remembers the viewmodes here for series, season and episodes, but ALL movie views of mediabrowser get the same viewmode :-(

You're in luck as that's the piece of code I was talking about. The addon has some "force view" function which does what you describe.
You can disable that by opening the mediabrowser addon directly from video-addons.
At the bottom of the list you have "set views". Select a mediatype (like movies) and set "disable forcing of view"
That way you get the XBMC's default of just remembering the view for each path and not based on the contentpath
Hi all, I just pushed another beta update (version .27) out to the beta repo with fixes for some bugs that were discovered by users here and on the kodi forums.

- New/finished is the appearance section in the skin settings which will let you customize every single bit of the skin.

- Changed is the header in the mediaviews which will now only show the path of the container and not the entire movietitle, also the alignment is changed to match the default theme more. The title is added to all infopanels where it (imo) suits better. If you prefer the movietitle to be displayed in the header, you can enable it again in the appearance settings. Please let me know if you like the changes to the header (I think it's a bit cleaner look now).

Also thanks to @[member="shaefurr"] for creating the new splashscreen

Please test it out and let me know. If no new bugs are found I'll push out update to the stable/official kodi repo.
(2015-01-05, 21:46)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-01-05, 21:43)pünktchen Wrote: It remembers the viewmodes here for series, season and episodes, but ALL movie views of mediabrowser get the same viewmode :-(

You're in luck as that's the piece of code I was talking about. The addon has some "force view" function which does what you describe.
You can disable that by opening the mediabrowser addon directly from video-addons.
At the bottom of the list you have "set views". Select a mediatype (like movies) and set "disable forcing of view"
That way you get the XBMC's default of just remembering the view for each path and not based on the contentpath

Oh that was a really long list, but it seems to not work anymore Sad
Should there be any feedback when i click "disable forced views"?
I'm on beta now for your Skin and the mediabrowser addon.
Here I am! just tested beta 27... so:

- great the option to choose for header title on/off. With classic skin it's perfect disabled as title is anyway in the footer bar, while with the defaultskin i think there are some issues: most views, like poster row or bannerplex (really almost only the details one haven't the issue) miss the title of selected item somewhere, therefore it's difficult to distinguish content sometimes, and anyway you can't rely only on artworks. I suggest, if the header title option is off, to enable also for defaultskin the title in the bottom bar like classic skin, or adding it somewhere for each view (more complicated and long).
Then there's also a little issue if I turn on the option: the movies sets doesn't show a title and the whole TV shows section is missing titles.

For the rest it looks pretty stable and working. One question about movie sets: is there a working addon for helix to show extrainfo like there was for gotham? I used to have plot and all disc art showing for collections, now there is no way to make it work even with aeon mq5...
(2015-01-05, 22:04)pünktchen Wrote: Oh that was a really long list, but it seems to not work anymore Sad

It should be marked with "(active)"
Just tested it on my own setup and it's working
(2015-01-05, 22:15)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-01-05, 22:04)pünktchen Wrote: Oh that was a really long list, but it seems to not work anymore Sad

It should be marked with "(active)"
Just tested it on my own setup and it's working

"Disable forced views (active)"Huh
Here it's only active for the view i've selected earlier in the sidepanel.
Tested it also on another PC with a fresh install of KODI.
(2015-01-05, 22:26)pünktchen Wrote: "Disable forced views (active)"Huh
Here it's only active for the view i've selected earlier in the sidepanel.
Tested it also on another PC with a fresh install of KODI.
If you select "disable forced view" and press enter, doesn't it show (active) at "disable forced view" ?
After that, the forcing is disabled and you should be able to select different views for different entry points
No it doesn't work. Is there a xml where i can edit this option?
(2015-01-05, 22:32)pünktchen Wrote: No it doesn't work. Is there a xml where i can edit this option?

No, it's coded in the addon, not in the skin. Think you've found an issue in the mediabrowser addon, I'll investigate it tomorrow for you.
If you want you can post a thread about this in the mediabrowser forums as it isn't skin related.
Will do. Thank you!
(2015-01-05, 22:07)Simograndi Wrote: Here I am! just tested beta 27... so:

- great the option to choose for header title on/off. With classic skin it's perfect disabled as title is anyway in the footer bar, while with the defaultskin i think there are some issues: most views, like poster row or bannerplex (really almost only the details one haven't the issue) miss the title of selected item somewhere, therefore it's difficult to distinguish content sometimes, and anyway you can't rely only on artworks. I suggest, if the header title option is off, to enable also for defaultskin the title in the bottom bar like classic skin, or adding it somewhere for each view (more complicated and long).
Then there's also a little issue if I turn on the option: the movies sets doesn't show a title and the whole TV shows section is missing titles.

For the rest it looks pretty stable and working. One question about movie sets: is there a working addon for helix to show extrainfo like there was for gotham? I used to have plot and all disc art showing for collections, now there is no way to make it work even with aeon mq5...

Did a quick fix for this and uploaded new .28 beta. Please check if it's resolved.
Have to leave now but will look into your extended info question tomorrow.
Thanks for testing
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan skin feature requests4