• 10(current)
Release Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3)
I have the same problem... for months..bukibalama and Im in Canada. I haven't found a solution yet.
gominoa, you're a freaking rock star!
Playing Pandora in XBMC outside of the Pandora app is what I had been wanting for a long time.
I'm just disappointed it took me this long to find this add-on.
@bukibalama, cardiffgiant
I think I found why it doesn't work... :-(

The problem is deep in python 2.7 and something called SNI. (Short, it tells the web server or the proxy which domain is requested in the SSL handshake as extension to the ip address)
urllib2 from python 2.7 cannot handle that and it looks like will never handle that.

The only way I found now is to use in the pithos library urllib3 with the contrib module SNI-support in Python 2

I try to hack something together but my python knowledge is not that good.

Update:
I got it to run with urllib3 and SNI (rude hack), but got into other troubles with the JSON answers from Pandora..... (No LowQuality and HiQuality is a 192bit mp3 and the plugin expects aac)
Hey all,

i loved this addon when i first started it and it just worked fine (even with a proxy because i'm not from the US). But now i only get the 5 mins "Queueing XYZ Radio" and nothing happens after. Can anyone tell me why it's always in queue but can't play/find a song ? (Cache Only Mode and Save liked Tracks Mode)

When i change it to "Stream Only" mode it finds a song immediately but after it can't play the song (but that's ok since the author said proxy + stream only doesn't work). I only changed it to see what happens and apparently pandoki can find a song via the proxy.

So can anyone help me with this maybe ?

Thanks in advance!
Thanks Wintemrute...

This is all way over my head as Im not a programmer. I just like my unlocked Apple TV with Kodi. So far I can get my music fix with Songza and YouTube. I cant spend endless hours trying to figure out code.
(2014-12-23, 13:59)Wintemrute Wrote: @bukibalama, cardiffgiant
I think I found why it doesn't work... :-(

The problem is deep in python 2.7 ...
That's what I see also. Python + Proxying = clusterfuck. It's highly dependent on the specific proxy you're using. If you really want to get into it look into Pythons 'requests' package. You can import it as a kodi plugin. If you come up with a patch I'll add it. Unfortunately I don't use a proxy, I tested it with tinyproxy on linux but that's it.
(2014-12-23, 13:59)Wintemrute Wrote: HiQuality is a 192bit mp3
How are you getting this? This should be a Pandora One only thing.
(2014-11-30, 06:07)Arse4life Wrote: I noticed skipping a lot of songs runs into problems.
It works pretty good if you want to just play a station, leave it alone, and listen. If you're skipping songs or changing stations a lot you really should spring for the Pandora subscription. You gotta realize we're using a free music source in an unsupported manner. I put dozens of hours into trying to make it work with free Pandora and there's some cool hacks in there, but developing was a pain in the ass because Pandora cut's you off for starting and stopping too much. That's why there's multiple account settings. Make three, and switch to another if they cut you off. But really, and I hate to say it cause I'm all for free shit, it works flawlessly with a subscription. $5/mo is totally worth it.
I hacked around Pandoki and added SNI support for it.

Background:
I got 'Network timeouts' when Pandoki tries to connect via HTTPS and followed it back to my proxy which needs the SNI extension to distinguish the target hosts. Most browsers and other tools use it automatically (Thats why many other clients work as long it's not implemented in Python 2)

For the SNI extension to work I had to add urllib3 support to Pandoki managed thru the SNI Support setting. (Python 2.7 itself cannot handle SNI)
Also you have to add four python modules: urllib3, pyOpenSSL, ndg-httpsclient, pyasn1

On Ubuntu:
Code:
sudo apt-get install python-urllib3 python-openssl python-ndg-httpsclient python-pyasn1
or with pip:
Code:
pip install urllib3 pyopenssl ndg-httpsclient pyasn1

Here is my patch:
pandoki.diff

I hope I didn't break to much with this hack.

Happy New Year!

Update:
- Had some logic errors in the patch... (true != True) - Updated the patch
Hey all,

can anyone tell me where I can find pandoki logs ? Every time I want to start it nothing happens, just a "script error" appears and I'll be forwarded to the music addons screen. Couple of days ago it worked just fine Sad
(2015-01-05, 13:14)baboo Wrote: Hey all,

can anyone tell me where I can find pandoki logs ? Every time I want to start it nothing happens, just a "script error" appears and I'll be forwarded to the music addons screen. Couple of days ago it worked just fine Sad

Kodi log file location. You should probably make sure debug logging is enabled.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2015-01-05, 13:14)baboo Wrote: Hey all,

I experienced the same issue here. After looking at the debug log and the code, it seems that in some cases, the script sends None value where kodi expects a string. This is what I modified (in file pandoki.py) to make it working again (and to get rid of all the error pop-ups):
After line 150:
Code:
if not art: art = s['art']
if art == None: art = ''   # This line is NEW (needed to solve the script error)
Around line 645:
Code:
Prop('action', '')    # was Prop('action', None) previously
Around line 672:
Code:
Prop('run', '')     # was Prop('run', None) previously
well, that didn't fix it for me as it seems ... is this 100% correct code ? maybe i'm doing something wrong then
Uploaded plugin.audio.pandoki-0.7.3.zip

(2015-01-09, 11:50)dttvinh Wrote: script sends None value where kodi expects a string
(2015-01-01, 14:05)Wintemrute Wrote: I hacked around Pandoki and added SNI support for it.
Added both of these. I shuffled them around a bit, hopefully I didn't break it.

Switched to using v2.3 tags in MP3s so windows explorer can read them.
Fixed bug playing the wrong song when changing stations.

Thanks guys!
(2015-01-11, 15:05)baboo Wrote: well, that didn't fix it for me as it seems ... is this 100% correct code ? maybe i'm doing something wrong then

baboo, have you tried gominoa's new script? Does it work for you? Also, something worth noting:

1. I'm using xbmc/kodi version 12 on ubuntu, don't know if it matters or not though.

2. If you are using Linux and have pithos (version before 1.0) installed, either removing pithos or updating it to 1.0.1 (download from http://pithos.github.io/) may help. Pandoki uses an internal pithos library for communicating with pandora server. The point is, if you have pithos installed, pandoki will use that one instead, which may be different from the internal version. (Pithos 1.0 switched to python3, so it doesn't suffer from this as it seems like xbmc still using python2.)

3. A recent xbmc log would help a lot. For example, if you see anything like:
Code:
Error Contents: 'module' object has no attribute 'Pithos'
it may be because you have a different pithos version installed in your system already (with different API, probably). This is exactly what happened to me before. Btw, is there anyway to force pandoki to always use the internal pithos library?
hi gominoa,
your addon works really good but the sound isnt very good (i am a free user, max. 64k aac+).

concerning the sound quality i read here: http://help.pandora.com/customer/portal/...io-quality

"All in-home devices play 128kbps audio, and mobile devices........"

would there be any way that kodi will be recognized as an "in-home devices" (to get better sound quality) or is that not possible?
thanks for the update gominoa! it works like a charm Smile

Thumbs up, really great work!

Thanks too to the others who helped!
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3)8