Media scanning problem
Hi all. I'm pretty sure there is a defect here or I don't know what the heck I'm doing (both are equally likely)...

I have been struggling to pull in fanart for my movies. In particular logo.png files so I can use the logo view. I have full fanart file sets in most of my movie title folders (banner, clearart, fanart, logo, disc, landscape, poster files). I was finding very inconsistent success in getting the fanart to get pulled into the Gotham library (using Aeon Nox 5 skin). In many cases, only the poster.jpg and fanart.jpg files were being correctly linked to the movie title.

So here's what I did to try and correct it:
- set all video file sources to media type "none" to clear out the library database
- deleted all files except the actual movie file (.mkv, .avi, etc)
- Used Media Center Master to scrape all of the metadata and fanart (I have it set to rename the movie files and title folders to just TT (Y) format. Also have it set to generate .nfo files compatible with Frodo and above
- went back into xbmc and set the video source media type to "Movie", set to use TMDB scraper, etc.
- let it scan all the files and update the library

When I go into Movies (using logo view), NO logos for any of the movies! Not a single one. When I go into the movie info for a given title, and select "Choose Art", the dialog that pops up only has art listings for poster, fanart, and thumb. Those three types all have associated fanart files with them, but where are the entries for clearart, logo, banner, disc, and landscapeHuh

I can use the "add art" selection to manually create artwork entries for those items and then manually search and select the artwork files, but that's not practical.

How\can I get xbmc to automatically detect the other types of fanart files? Is there some trick or some setting somewhere? Just not sure if I'm missing a step or if this is a real defect.

Thanks!
Kirk
OK, it appears I was missing one final step at the end --> Run Artwork Downloader. Not only downloads any missing files (which I didn't think I had), but also makes all of the additional fanart links for each title.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media scanning problem0