Kodi and Airserver
Nice! Thanks for the info.
For those interested, here is a short list of Airserver alternatives:

Reflector
Mirroring360.com

In my experience Reflector gave better mirroring than AirServer in terms of framerate and quality, but in terms of configuration and general presentation, AirServer is nicer.

Uploaded an 8 minute video to YouTube demonstrating AirServer+Kodi :

http://youtu.be/5h7zufxTwsE
(2015-01-15, 16:12)PantsOnFire Wrote: For those interested, here is a short list of Airserver alternatives:

Reflector
Mirroring360.com

In my experience Reflector gave better mirroring than AirServer in terms of framerate and quality, but in terms of configuration and general presentation, AirServer is nicer.

Uploaded an 8 minute video to YouTube demonstrating AirServer+Kodi :

http://youtu.be/5h7zufxTwsE

Thank you for the video. It was quite helpful. I now have the same setup. I have done mirroring with Yosemite, and with the AC-RT87U, and a MacBook Air, it's been quite reliable.
Cool cool. I found a video on YouTube where a chap is demonstrating it with an i5 cpu and he says it looks top-notch. It's probably quite a lot to do with the router but I'm not ruling out pc speed. I'm doing mine on a nettop.
I'm using AirServer on OS X together with Kodi.

When Airplaying a video to AirServer, focus does not return to Kodi when finished.

Are you guys seeing the same thing, is there a way to fix it?
I've had similar things before back in the days when people were using media player classic (on Windows) to play a video that they launched from Kodi.

I remember if you look in the Kodi settings, I think it might be under 'video' playback, there is a toggle to make Kodi run 'true full-screen'or something similar. Try tweaking that and see if it helps your Mac return to Kodi....
that option vanished because it only worked on osx 10.6.8
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I've tried contacting AirServer support, but they don't respond at all Sad
Hmm. Hope they answer you soon..
They helped me out when I emailed..
Fingers crossed..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi and Airserver0