Streamsmart box?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PatK Offline
Team-Kodi Member
Bin this thread for nasty words.

This is sometimes a family oriented forum.

windows fresh start -> delete C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi First time user (wiki) Log file (wiki) Video management (wiki) Artwork (wiki) Supported hardware (wiki) Releases (wiki) Database versions (wiki) Skin features compatibility list (wiki) http://xbmc-skins.com
find quote
wrxtasy Offline
Newbie Moderator
Nope it should be pinned up on a wall of shame for all to see and spread the word on this scam.

Users searching in the future need to be told about it as well.

And if it were up to me, vendors posing as users exactly like SLT415 should be banned immediately.
find quote
ianuk2005 Offline
There should definitely be a sticky outlining different scam boxes to avoid and similar spec alternatives.

It is sad though that the people they likely target are older people that don't know any better and aren't going to jump onto this forum to check.
find quote
SLT415 Offline
Banned
(2016-06-02 14:26)ianuk2005 Wrote:  
(2016-06-02 14:01)SLT415 Wrote:  
(2015-04-11 17:02)swetoast Wrote:  Issue reported:
Spam or misleading > Scams / fraud
Timestamp selected:
0:11
Additional details:
GPL Violating This is clearly Kodi (former XBMC) that this scammer is selling for $379 please remove this site since it infringes on the right of the developers of Kodi

reported the vid at youtube atleast a start

lol Are you the internet police? Snitch? What gives? There is no scam going on, and the price is justified. I have tried at least 50 different streaming boxes and the StreamSmart is by far better than any of the other boxes I have tested out. The value has nothing to do with the box itself, Kodi, or any of the addons.
As far as specs go, as you can see they are average. Nothing really special about the physical box.

What sets the StreamSmart box apart from any other box, is that it is user friendly and the 24/7 customer service.
The StreamSmart box is made for people that are not tech savvy and people that just do not have the time to set up and maintain there own streaming box.
There are a ton more custom features in the box than any others I have tested. They have 3 pay subscription addons that are included in the price of the box.
The firmware is always updated and everything on the box is kept updated. The customer support is by far the best out of any type of customer support of any type of product. 24/7 customer support for the life of the box. Non tech savvy senior citizens are able to use the StreamSmart box, easier than they can use their cable or satellite boxes. Why? Because of the video tutorials, customer support, and custom features in the StreamSmart box. Owners of the boxes are kept up to date and they are informed right on the screen, if there is an update available and any other important news.
Not one other box out there, can come close to what StreamSmart is doing. The geeks, get all upset and cry like little batches, telling people not to by the box, to make their own. lol Some people do not know how, do not have the time, do not want a damn laptop or desktop hooked up to their tv, or want to deal with keeping the box up to date. Yes there are less expensive boxes out there, yes you can geek one together yourself, but these StreamSmart boxes were not made for you anyhow. The value is there and the fact that anyone can use the box, and if they have a problem or question, it can be answered anytime day or night and answered within minutes. You should know, the only reason I even quoted you, is because snitches / haters / cockblockers, etc. make me sick.

They are selling a box loaded with free piracy add-ons and selling it for a premium price as if it's legit. How is that anything but a scam?

I'm not going to rage against piracy or those that engage in it. But the people trying to sell not only the work of others (movies/tv), but the work of those that developed the add-ons are pure scum. They are selling boxes for several hundreds more than they are worth by luring people who don't know any better with piracy.

The boxes are 100% legal in all 50 states. They have custom coded version of Kodi. More features and user friendly tools than any other box out there. They have a staff working 24/7 to improve the box daily. They have free subscriptions to several paid addons. The first thing they tell a potential customer is that there are less expensive streaming boxes out there. Non supported boxes that have no firmware updates become bricks in less than a year. Without support, the average person has no clue how to maintain a streaming box. Most just do not have the time to be updating and dealing with hunting down content, etc. So there was a void in the market, StreamSmart fills that void by making the box the most user friendly box out there. Seems to me it boils down to a lot of salty people hating because they didn't think of it first.
StreamSmart has kiosks in malls all across the US. There has not been one issue with legality. Why? Because they are 100% legal.
find quote
wrxtasy Offline
Newbie Moderator
100% legal my ass !
(2016-06-04 06:23)SLT415 Wrote:  They have custom coded version of Kodi.
Unless there is a completely up to date GitHub repository containing the source code of this Custom version of Kodi available for Kodi users, then this device is a GPL Open Source Violator box and actually illegal to sell in its current form. This sort of practice pisses Kodi developers and the Open Source community off no end. StreamSmart are freeloaders, actually stealing other people hard work unless they show us this modified Kodi code.

StreamSmart are skating on very thin ice, and if a resourced Kodi developer wanted to pursue them through the courts, a very strong case can be mounted for breaches of Open Source GPL violations. So Streamsmart either ponies up the modified Kodi source code or all their customers should be told of the exact possible consequences of them being put out of business and pursued for costs.
As you have now told us they are operating in the US, this is much easier to persue than a GPL Violating company operating out of Asia.

http://forum.streamsmart.tv/index.php?PH...opic=924.0

Quote:How do I add or install an Addon? Such as Disney JR, Icefilms, Vodlocker and hundreds more.
• Looking for addons like Icefilms, istream,, and vodlocker? We have too many addons to have them all pre installed but we have hundreds available for you to install with ease as you need. Just follow the steps below.
• Go into your video addons which is located under trending/add-ons then push up or go to the very bottom and click the words “Get More”. Scroll thru the list and find what you wish to install. Click okay on the addon and choose install. Once done installing you will see that addon updated in the top left corner. Now you can click launch or push back/return and click the addon you just installed. This will remain in your addons section.

And then their so called Help videos are full of instructions to install Kodi Illegal Pirate Addons, using their "Custom Kodi - StreamSmart Wizard"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajbFJMh3xHY

This is nothing more than an Illegal Scam Pirate Box, sold at a ridiculously inflated price to fool Mums and Dads and Joe public into thinking its legit Sad
(This post was last modified: 2016-06-04 07:28 by wrxtasy.)
find quote
Ned Scott Offline
Banned
There are at least six distinct sites for "Streamsmart". All of them offer others to become "distributors", so it also sounds like a pyramid scheme, which is pretty common for these kinds of assholes. It's too decentralized to really take them all down, but I'm pretty sure we can shut down a few of those mall kiosks. It should make for a fun summer activity.
find quote
SLT415 Offline
Banned
(2016-06-04 09:08)Ned Scott Wrote:  There are at least six distinct sites for "Streamsmart". All of them offer others to become "distributors", so it also sounds like a pyramid scheme, which is pretty common for these kinds of assholes. It's too decentralized to really take them all down, but I'm pretty sure we can shut down a few of those mall kiosks. It should make for a fun summer activity.

lol You guys are too much! Pyramid scheme? haha. That reminds me of an old King of Queens episode. Poor Doug H. sees his neighbor making big $ selling water filters. He gets talked into not buying a water filter but a license to sell water filters and a boat load of water filters. Doug H. soon learns that you do not make money selling the water filters, you make it "selling the license to sell water filters" Hahaha.
MLM at it's best! If the lazy people on here would bother to do the research, you would find that you are wrong in your assumptions and accusations. I spent 30 mins researching and found the info you lazy people claim is not offered to the community.
Good luck with taking any mall kiosks down. FYI Check your local county fairs. Wait until you see the clowns selling at the same price or higher, with zero customer support and totally fraudulent claims. (They are the streamsmart knock offs) Different brands and names but claiming the same customer support and features. You all remind me of the little snitches in school ratting people out for running in the hallway. lol Pretty pathetic to have nothing better to do than worry about everyone but yourself.
That being said, this is the internet and too much hate gets easily posted on it. I honestly wish you all positive thoughts and good fortune. Although we disagree, it does not stop me from wishing you all good fortune and happiness in your lives.
Have a wonderful weekend!
find quote
Ned Scott Offline
Banned
From your writing type and choice of words, I'm pretty sure I know who you are and your relationship to Streamsmart. I've done a lot more research into this than you realize. I suggest you stop astrotruffing on the Kodi forum, unless you want to be banned.

EDIT: info -> into
(This post was last modified: 2016-06-27 13:30 by Ned Scott.)
find quote
SLT415 Offline
Banned
(2016-06-11 19:20)Ned Scott Wrote:  From your writing type and choice of words, I'm pretty sure I know who you are and your relationship to Streamsmart. I've done a lot more research info this than you realize. I suggest you stop astrotruffing on the Kodi forum, unless you want to be banned.

Go rest your neck and quit threatening people. It's ok for you to make up lies and false information but if someone disagrees with your BS, you have to result to threats? You are the one that should be banned.
Grow up little girl.
find quote
SilverBlade Offline
You could BUILD a kodi box for that price and have more features..
find quote
johnnywyoming Offline
Found this forum while I was searching for reviews for the Streamsmart box. Apparently, these guys are directing some of their marketing in forums across the internet. One popped up on a San Diego Chargers forum that I frequent, coinciding with my interest in streaming, as I dumped Directv after 20+ years. I won't be back in a home of my own for a few months so I have plenty of time to research streaming methods. So, my main question was quite simple..."How do I hook the box up so I can play the audio through my home theater system?" I went to the Streambox Facebook page that is advertised as the place to go for troubleshooting. No one could answer my question and it was finally suggested that I go to the Streamsmart support link back on Streamsmart's website. So, I did. I posted my question and after a few days got a reply that said..."Sorry, I don't know." Really? So, I thought I would go back to the Charger forum where the individual calling himself "speedaddy" claimed to be an owner of the Streamsmart company as well as a huge Charger fan and who offered a private code and password just for Charger forum members that would get us a special, half-price option! I mean, wow, how lucky can I be, being a Charger fan with this guy one as well. So, I sent him a private message asking the audio question. After a week still no answer. I then posted in the Streamsmart thread in the Charger forum a message to him that I had sent him a private message, and asked if he got it? Well, as of today I have not had an answer. I also noticed in my research that individuals posting the Streamsmart box are usually new members of a forum who have not posted under any other threads on the forum. Finally, I posted the question about the box on the AVS forum where I have been a member for numerous years and know that people on AVS are very tech savvy. Their response was that the software is old as well as the parts in the box. They said you could buy everything in the box for $40.00; also said to stay far away from Streamsmart.
(This post was last modified: 2016-08-23 19:55 by johnnywyoming.)
find quote
JxPx Offline
Donor
(2016-08-23 19:50)johnnywyoming Wrote:  "How do I hook the box up so I can play the audio through my home theater system?"

Simple, you can buy a raspberry pi or build your own small form factor HTPC, load the official version of the latest stable build of Kodi from this website (OS specific), tweak your settings and listen and watch you personally owned media.
find quote