Volume Control on Audio Play
Question 
HI. Sorry if this has been asked and answered: I didn't find anything using Search.

I'm using xTV-SAF v1.3.5 on my i386 ATV1 w/OpenELEC v12.2 (Frodo).

When playing videos the Apple Remote works correctly when adjusting volume with the on-screen Volume Control (with either HDMI or Analog selected in Settings). But when playing music or other audio only playback, the volume control is replaced w/the OSD (which has no volume control).

What setting controls this?

Thanks.
(2014-10-05, 01:30)KonaHilo Wrote: HI. Sorry if this has been asked and answered: I didn't find anything using Search.

I'm using xTV-SAF v1.3.5 on my i386 ATV1 w/OpenELEC v12.2 (Frodo).

When playing videos the Apple Remote works correctly when adjusting volume with the on-screen Volume Control (with either HDMI or Analog selected in Settings). But when playing music or other audio only playback, the volume control is replaced w/the OSD (which has no volume control).

What setting controls this?

Thanks.
KonaHilo,

Pretty sure this is not a skin issue, but a keymap type issue. First thing to check to see if this is the case is to change your skin to another skin and see if the issue is still there (try Confluence as it is installed by default). If after trying with Confluence you find that the issue only occurs with this skin report back here and we will see what is going on.

If as I suspect the issue still occurs when you change to another skin, my advise would be to to ask on the OpenELEC forums as they will have a much better idea what might be the issue and will have a better chance of helping you.

Whatever the result of changing to another skin is, could you please reply back here with the final outcome, so that others can benefit from your experience.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Hi. Thanks for responding and sorry for my late reply. The problem occurs, so far, in your skin only. I have also used Confluence, Transparency, and Quartz. None of those presents this issue.

Thanks!
KonaHilo,

Ok lets see if we can't track down whats going on. Go into the skins support menu (last menu in skin setting menu) and turn on "Show debug info". This will show up in the top left hand corner of the screen what windows/dialogs are currently showing. Go and trigger the problem and report back here with the windows and dialogs that are showing, that will give me an idea of what files I need to check for the problem. Next it probably would not hurt to also include a FULL debug log (again this is available in the Support menu). Turn on Debug logging and then post the debug log here, you will probably need to turn off the "Show debug info" setting as the screen will be very busy and hard to read if you have Debug logging and Show debug info displyed at the same time.

Last of all, is there a particular reason why you are using such an old build of XBMC? Current release of the skin is 1.4.8 , but that is only running on Gotham 13.x , but there is a fair chance that whatever the problem is might have already been fixed in the later versions.

At any rate, post the required info here and I will see what I can do for you.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Volume Control on Audio Play0