Multiple XBMC instances?
is there a Multiple XBMC instances in XBMC for multi zone purposes?

anybody...?
What exactly do you mean ? You can have multiple devices running XBMC and sync the content of your libraries between them, so that all content is replicated on each XBMC instance.

The easiest way to share libraries is using upnp, see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...using_UPnP

A more advanced way is to use MySQL for the databases. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=MySQL
Learning Linux the hard way !!
thanks for the quick replay.
no.
i taking about Multiple XBMC instances in the same device.

p.s
aren't you the one who opened a thread a bout "CU LRC with radio streams"?

and if so did you have any lack with it? im also useing tune radio and i'l be glad
to have the lyrics change automaticly when the song chang?
No
well...
here is something for "future request".

a lot of dealers in the audio/video distribution uses: "vortex box", "novo" and "sonos" as music servers
with Multiple Instances for multizone purposes.(TODAY, ALL THE BIG AV RECEIVERS COMPANY MANUFACTURER RECEIVERS WITH 2 AND 3 ZONES)

DOES applications are inferior BY far against XBMC/KODI

with that kind of feature XBMC/KODI will role those markets also.

Refael.
you can recompilewin32 XBMC/Kodi to support multiple instances. However we will not support this.

Besides, get a cheap rpi or android box and done. This way you don't have to buy expensive and bulky "music servers"
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
all ready bout a cheap and wonderful android box, called "minix x8-h"
which handle smoothly with everything i throw at her( aeon nox gotham 4.1.1.9- no problem)

just wonder, cos maybe i'l can use the analog output aswell (if someone will modificate this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=192480 to android devices )

Refael.
(2014-10-06, 11:46)refael65 Wrote: thanks for the quick replay.
no.
i taking about Multiple XBMC instances in the same device.

p.s
aren't you the one who opened a thread a bout "CU LRC with radio streams"?

and if so did you have any lack with it? im also useing tune radio and i'l be glad
to have the lyrics change automaticly when the song chang?

Yeah I did. I have had some small success but it's not yet reliable enough for me to supply any mod yet. Confused

As to multiple instances on the same device, I think this is probably only really achievable under Linux, using a multi-seat setup. There is a thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=152112 regarding it, but sadly the how-to has been taken down. Certainly possible to do it this way though Smile
Learning Linux the hard way !!
I know this is a very old thread, but this is possible with Kodi 16. I just tested it. I have three monitors connected to my system, and was able to play a different channel on each one, streaming from my MythTV backend which has 4 HD tuners. Two instances works perfect, three however does stutter once every few minutes, but not terribly bad and certainly I can live with it. This is really handy for sports fans who would like to watch multiple games at once.

When it loads, it will always run on whatever monitor you had previously chosen as your default, on top of the first instance. You simply have to go to your video settings and assign that instance to the other monitor(s). Rinse and repeat.

Also, something to consider, you will have the audio to deal with. In my case, using PulseAudio (in Linux), I simply assigned one instance to the front L/R, and the second instance to rear L/R. the third channel I kept muted. I will try and come up with a BASH script that will change the audio source to whichever monitor your mouse happens to be on. Should simplify things a bit. This would work best with a multi-channel audio card which has individual level adjustments per channel of course. I have a M-Audio Delta 1010LT.
Hi,

This is a very old thread, but for years i've been using knoppix (now still 7.6) with still a kodi from debian 16.1 compiled on 04-24-2016 with which multiple kodi instances can run. I've experienced that earlier os versions combined with earlier xbmc versions were more stable though. Also am I running the os from a usb stick with some "preserve data" partition on the stick (by default it is a read only OS, without the preserved data partition than after reboot the installations are gone again). Its maybe too obscure for the average, but it is possible.
I don't need to use it so I don't know detailed limitations but since it is on one device than it is save to say that all is shared. I do now that the second and after instances can not use the webservice. Only the first can use the webservice (remote control). 
I only learned about it by running a second instance when the first freezes/halted. This behaviour might as well be because of incidently heavy usb io usage, as i sometimes run a virtual machine at the same time. 

regards
Rene

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple XBMC instances?0