Android AirPlay material doesn't show up on the raspbmc
Hello!

I just found out about AirPlay and what features that comes with. I decided to give it a try on my Raspbmc (Version: 13.2) machine.
I enabled AirPlay, downloaded the android app "AllCast". When I started AllCast, I immediately found my Raspbmc, and I selected it. I then tried to share a picture, but nothing shows up on the TV. I tried with movie, stream and music as well, but nothing shows up, even though AllCast says that it is streaming and working just fine.

I then tries some other AirPlay apps, such as XBMC remote and Android AirPlay, but no result with those either.

Is there anyone here how have any idea what I might be doing wrong?
Well its hard enough to get the airplay target side right for native ios clients (which work not so bad at all in general with XBMC/Kodi). The fact that all the android based 3rd party tools fail tells me that they have a hard time to mimic the client side in a correct way too Wink. I didn't see anyone using airplay with non ios clients - most of those android users are using something like bubbleupnp instead (and XBMC/Kodis integrated upnp server instead of airplay).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-10-07, 10:00)Memphiz Wrote: Well its hard enough to get the airplay target side right for native ios clients (which work not so bad at all in general with XBMC/Kodi). The fact that all the android based 3rd party tools fail tells me that they have a hard time to mimic the client side in a correct way too Wink. I didn't see anyone using airplay with non ios clients - most of those android users are using something like bubbleupnp instead (and XBMC/Kodis integrated upnp server instead of airplay).

Thank you for the suggestions about upnp instead! It works great!
The only thing I haven't figured out yet, is how to stream the desktop of a pc yet, but I think I will find a way.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AirPlay material doesn't show up on the raspbmc0