VU+ Want to see all recordings Solo2
Hi,

I use XBMC now since a few days (first time,so don´t expect too much from meBlush) on my PC, Windows7.
I installed the VUPlus add-on , everything works fine, I can watch my movies, can watch Live-Tv...everything perfekt, but:

I have two external HD´s connected to my Solo2 via USB-Hub (media/hdd1/movie and media/hdd2/movie), but I cannot find the movies which are stored on the HD´s. XBMC only shows me the movies which are stored on the internal HD (media/hdd/movie).
Does anyone have a suggestion what I have to do, to be able to find all of my stored movies with XBMC ??
Quote:Does anyone have a suggestion what I have to do, to be able to find all of my stored movies with XBMC ??
First you've to start the movieplayer of your VUplus STB, press the "PVR" button twice and create "Enigma2"bookmarks for each folder (media/hdd1/movie and media/hdd2/movie).

Start XBMC, go to "settings"-"addons"-"pvr client"-"vu+/enigma2 client-"configure"-"advanced options"" and deactivate "use only the dvb boxes' current recording path" and set "recording folder on the receiver" to "media/hdd/movie".
Finally reload your PVR Addon by disabling and enabling it again, now the whole content of your booksmark should be shown in "recordings" in "Live TV".

This works for network shares too.Wink

Hi lizard-king,

just a perfect answer, I didn´t have those Enigm2-bookmarks and I had the wrong settings in the addon. Now I have changed the settings and created the bookmarks, and I have all my movies in one list, just perfect.Smile
Thank´s a lot for your helpful and exact description !!

On my solo2 I use EMC as player, for most of my movies I have downloaded covers (with the coversearch in EMC ), but these covers are not appearing in XBMC. Any idea how I can see the covers in XBMC?
Hi Knuti!

I guess there is no simple (and/or useful) way to realize that.
The way EMC (or AMS) receives and saves fanart/posters is completely different to the way, scrapers in XBMC work.

I only know the possibilty to create .NFO files and specify there file paths to the images, which you have already received by EMC.
That would be (in my opinion) too time-consuming, but maybe someone else knows a better way?

By the way, are you from Germany? Wink
Hi lizard-king,

sorry for answering so late again, but at the moment there is nearly no time left for my hobbys, too much work, too much problems with the loved family....Wink

Yes, you are right, I am from Germany, that´s why my English is not the best...Big Grin

But back to XBMC:
If I go to Live-TV, now I can see all of my movies (which are on hdd,hdd1,hdd2 of the solo2) in one big list, I have information about the movies (comes from the solo2, not from the XBMC,I think), I do not see any posters/fanart/covers corresponding to the movie, instead I see a picon of the channel I once made the recording from. I don´t see any option for a scraper in Live-TV, so I have to accept the things as they are...Image

If I go to "Videos/Dateien/movies solo2 hd" (I use the TMDb-scraper here), I see the following (these are the same files from the same hd as shown under Live-TV above):
The scraper is running, but no info/poster/fanart/covers at all...I think there is something wrong with the filenames (Do you think so too??).Changing manually is not an option, too much files...Wink. I found the tool "filebot",and I first have to learn how to use it. Maybe after changing the filenames it will look like shown in the following picture, that would be perfect for me:
And a right-click on a movie brings me information about the movie,just perfect! These are files on another device in our home network,where I store all my movies downloaded from OTR, a online-tv-recorder. I have renamed them all manually, and everything is fine. So I´m nearly sure that renaming is the solution for me, and having posters/fanart/covers in Live-TV is just not possible...
(2014-10-26, 15:27)knuti Wrote: If I go to Live-TV, now I can see all of my movies (which are on hdd,hdd1,hdd2 of the solo2) in one big list, I have information about the movies (comes from the solo2, not from the XBMC,I think),
You're right. These meta-data belong to your VU STB.
Quote: I do not see any posters/fanart/covers corresponding to the movie, instead I see a picon of the channel I once made the recording from. I don´t see any option for a scraper in Live-TV, so I have to accept the things as they are...
You can't use a Scraper in the "Vu plus addon", btw. it wouldn't make sense. Wink
Quote:If I go to "Videos/Dateien/movies solo2 hd" (I use the TMDb-scraper here), I see the following...
The scraper is running, but no info/poster/fanart/covers at all...I think there is something wrong with the filenames.
There's nothing wrong with the filenames, the Enigma2 OS names its recordings in a different way (Date-Channel-Titel.ts).
But you can change that easily for upcoming recordings, just change the setting of "Composition of the recording filenames" from "standard" to "short without date" (see the attached screenshot).

You will find that menu item (on your STB) in "main menu"-"setup"-"system"-"customize" on the 2nd page.
A recording like "20140613 2200 - Sky Cinema HD - Broken City.ts" should be named now as "Broken City.ts" and such filenames are working with XBMC scrapers.

For your existing recordings: Start the (standard) movieplayer or EMC of your VUplus STB and rename your old recordings (movielist-menu button-rename).

I prefer the following procedure:
I store all recordings in the file path "media / hdd /movie". If I want to keep a movie, I move it to "media / hdd / movie / movies".
I add "media / hdd / movie / movies" to XBMC via "Videos"-"Files"-"Add Videos" and select "Movies" with the Scraper "The Movie Database" (you can use "Universal Movie Scraper" instead).

Now all my movies are available from the XBMC main menu item "Movies", inclluding all Fanarts, posters, metadata and so on.

If you want to archive your television series accordingly, you have to proceed differently, f.i.:
I've created subfolders for each TV show:
media/hdd/movie/series = main folder
--- Defiance = subfolder
--- GameofThrones = subfolder

The subfolder Defiance contains filenames like:
"Defiance_s02e09.ts" = Defiance Season 2, Episode 9
or ...
"Defiance_s02e11.ts" = Defiance Season 2, Episode 11

The result should look like that:

For further information according to naming conventions of TV Shows you should take a look at Kodi WIKI.

I hope that helps you a bit, but you should be aware that i'm quite a beginner in XBMC issues. Big Grin
And don't worry about your English skills, I'm from Austria. Smile
I know your nickname from the german "Vuplus-support forum", feel free to contact me, if you like.

Cheers, lizard!
Great answer, for sure it took much of your time,thank´s a lot.Smile
Can´t do the things right now, but the following weekend I will hopefully have the time to try out all of your suggestions.

Once again thank you and have a good night...Smile
Hi lizard,

yes I am member of the german VU-Support Forum, knuti1960 is my nickname there.I can´t find you there, but saw your nickname in the IHAD-forumSmile
I have one more question, if you don´t mind:

What is the name of the skin you use in XBMC? It looks so great, what you posted above Cool, maybe I want to try it too...
Hi knuti!

I use several skins, but Aeon MQ5 is still my favorite one, cos it has so many features.Wink
I'll start working on my own skin soon.
Hi lizard !

AEON MQ5, a very good advice from you! You are right, so much possibilities, so many features, I just start to find out these... Thank you....Blush
I wish you much success with your own skin, let me know when it is ready...Cool
Thx knuti!
Though, i guess ... it will take several months. Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VU+ Want to see all recordings Solo21