• 1(current)
Win Error: unable to create application. Exiting
Hello all!

I'm new to using xbms, so please be patient.

I installed Xbmc for the first time and when I started for the first time i got this message (Error: unable to create application. Exiting).
I searched the forum for solutions and one of them is to reinstall in another folder, other the program files, which I did,. I got the same error message.

so I looked at the xbmc.log and here what it says, please help!Big Grin
Can you try this one: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3...t-long.exe please?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks Fritsch!

It worked, what was so different from the one i used?
The difference is, that the build I provided for you - waits 60 seconds until Audio devices are ready.

Please install a v14 nightly build and see if that one also works. If not -> trac.xbmc.org

We don't push any fixes for 13.x anymore.

PS: of course you can also just keep the 13.2 build I did for you.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I'm having the same problem; I occasionally got it with 13.2, but this morning it started happening every time. I've tried installing Kodi beta and have the same problem; Failed to start the AudioEngine in the log file.

-Andrew
Have the same problem with the Kodi Beta Version downloaded yesterday on a Windows 7. Log shows that problem is with the AudioEngine.
Tried also with todays Nightly Build but same result.
Had no problem to install on a different machine with Windows 8.1.
With kind regards. Martin Klein
Please use: paste.ubuntu.com or pastebin.com - it's really hard to read without line numbers and proper structuring.
Here with Line Numbers. Let me know how it should be structured. Did not find a Structure for a log file.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/8960503/

Regards. Martin Klein
Please enable debuglogging with advancedsettings.xml I cannot really see what is going wrong: http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<loglevel>1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>
-log removed---
Please _don't_ post logfiles inline.

Quote:17:52:53 T:6048 DEBUG: CAESinkDirectSound::CheckPlayStatus: Resuming Playback
17:52:53 T:6048 WARNING: CWin32DirectSound::GetSpace - buffer underrun - W:17640, P:3832, O:5288.

Try changing your dedfault device away from: Audio Device : Headphones (2- High Definition Audio Device)

Btw. also post the audio part of your guisettings.xml please
Sorry! New to this forum...

I found this in the guisettings.xml - is it what you needed:

<audiocds>
<autoaction default="true">0</autoaction>
<ejectonrip default="true">true</ejectonrip>
<encoder default="true">audioencoder.xbmc.builtin.wav</encoder>
<recordingpath default="true"></recordingpath>
<trackpathformat default="true">%A/%A - %B/[%N. ][%A - ]%T</trackpathformat>
<usecddb default="true">true</usecddb>
</audiocds>
<audiooutput>
<ac3passthrough default="true">true</ac3passthrough>
<ac3transcode default="true">false</ac3transcode>
<audiodevice default="true">DIRECTSOUND:default</audiodevice>
<channels default="true">1</channels>
<config default="true">2</config>
<dtshdpassthrough default="true">false</dtshdpassthrough>
<dtspassthrough default="true">false</dtspassthrough>
<eac3passthrough default="true">false</eac3passthrough>
<guisoundmode default="true">1</guisoundmode>
<maintainoriginalvolume default="true">true</maintainoriginalvolume>
<passthrough default="true">false</passthrough>
<passthroughdevice default="true">DIRECTSOUND:default</passthroughdevice>
<processquality default="true">30</processquality>
<samplerate default="true">48000</samplerate>
<stereoupmix default="true">false</stereoupmix>
<streamsilence default="true">1</streamsilence>
<truehdpassthrough default="true">false</truehdpassthrough>
</audiooutput>

I tried changing the default device; same result - failed to start audioengine in the logfile.

If it's any help, I often have to try running Kodi twice - the first time it silently fails, second time I get the error messagebox. Also, the mouse cursor disappears when it's over the error box.

-Andrew
Try to edit
Quote:<audiodevice default="true">DIRECTSOUND:default</audiodevice>

To be:
Quote:<audiodevice default="true">WASAPI:default</audiodevice>
Dear All, I found the solution ! A very simple One ! When I red the message from Andrew:

"If it's any help, I often have to try running Kodi twice - the first time it silently fails, second time I get the error messagebox."

I recogniced that this is the same with me. I click it once - nothing happens - I click it again and the error message comes up.
Then I clicked it once - nothing happened - and by a lucky accident I went to the fridge to open a beer - when I came back the Kodi welcome screen was on my 60 inch TV. IMPRESSIVE !!

So it simply takes a while to open Kodi. In my case it takes 20-30 seconds to open. When you click it again in between the error comes up.

With kind regards
Martin Klein
mmh, not good. Can you show a log from that 30 seconds?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error: unable to create application. Exiting0