Delay To View New Recording
Okay, so this is the first time I attempted to watch a recorded TV show shortly after the recording completed. But, I got a black screen when I attempted it. I would have actually wanted to start watching the TV show after it was about 1/2 hour into the recording of the 2 hour show (so I can fast-forward through commercials). Shouldn't that be possible?

After that failed attempt, I went to WMC and was able to immediately view the show. What am I missing?

Thanks so much for your continued assistance!

XBMC: http://pastebin.com/61jNJB8m
SBMC: http://pastebin.com/1A3Bm8pj

Oh, a little more clarification. I am using an HDHomerun Plus, so there is not conversion.
Yes it should be possible to do this on a completed recording. On an inprogress recording it is KIND OF possible, with the caveat that only when you start watching the recording, we start remuxing the TS output that you are viewing, so you cant skip/fast forward ahead further than the remuxer is up to etc.

If the recording had completely finished, then playing the recording is XBMC simply accessing the WTV file over the SMB share, and no backend interaction occurs at all. I dont see any requests in the log for "OpenRecordingStream" which would indicate an attempt to view a recording that was still in progress (or XBMC thought was in progress) so I dont think you hit the above remuxer scenario and thus Im not sure if we can help in this particular situation why you had a black screen etc, if it was indeed just XBMC trying to play a WTV file with no ServerWMC involvement. An XBMC client side debug log might help to see what happened from XBMC's perspective?

As an aside, its pretty hard to read your log as it covers a 9 hour period which generally isnt a problem as long as you provide the hints as to what channel/recording, what time it happened etc (which you didnt mention Smile) But the biggest issue with trying to read it, is that it is full of warnings on every GetRecordings() request, due to the "C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV\Sample Media" watched folder in WMC being a local path and thus cant be shared to clients. If you remove this watched folder in WMC (go into WMC and edit the RecordedTV Library and remove that path) that will clear up the logs alot and make it easier to see if any real problems exist. Restarting serverWMC to get a clean (and shorter) log demonstrating the problem can also be good although as I say, a long log isnt a problem if you accompany it with some specific details to help us zero in on what you were doing

edit: Whoops I see you did infact post an XBMC debug log. I am trying to read through it, but a timestamp or other context would help to try and pinpoint the problem actions, as XBMC logs are far harder for me to understand than ServerWMC logs Smile
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Thanks for your response. I do apologize for the long logs. The first attempt to view the recording was at 22:11 in the XBMC log (and 22:06 in the SWMC log). The screen went to black, so I backed out and turned on the debug and tried again.

I will remove the watched folder and try tomorrow with another recording.
I did as you suggested and removed the watched folder path. I am now able to view recordings even during the recording process! Thanks so much for that!!!

However, when I try to play the recorded tv show from last night, it does the "working" spinning wheel for 20 seconds, then that goes away and I am left on the TV Recordings screen without going to the show. When I back out, it has the record playback functions showing (like it is playing), but no audio or video is showing.

Would this have anything to do with playing that recording partially in WMC last night? Or, is there some other reason I am unable to play back this particular recording?

Logs should be short this time...

XBMC: http://pastebin.com/2T9t744P
SWMC: http://pastebin.com/LksZ1Z7C
(2014-10-07, 22:46)dschroed Wrote: I did as you suggested and removed the watched folder path. I am now able to view recordings even during the recording process! Thanks so much for that!!!
Hmm well I was only suggesting removing the watched folder as I thought it was spamming up the logs making it hard to see any real problems. Im not convinced it was causing your problem. Would be nice to confirm (if you add the watched path again, and restart ServerWMC, do your clients stop being able to view recordings again?). Im guessing/hoping NO otherwise we have some big problems...

(2014-10-07, 22:46)dschroed Wrote: However, when I try to play the recorded tv show from last night, it does the "working" spinning wheel for 20 seconds, then that goes away and I am left on the TV Recordings screen without going to the show. When I back out, it has the record playback functions showing (like it is playing), but no audio or video is showing.

Would this have anything to do with playing that recording partially in WMC last night? Or, is there some other reason I am unable to play back this particular recording?

Logs should be short this time...

XBMC: http://pastebin.com/2T9t744P
SWMC: http://pastebin.com/LksZ1Z7C
It sounds like somethign is wrong with this recording. Does it still play OK in WMC? Try playing the WTV file itself in XBMC from the Video->Files section rather than through LiveTV section. Try playing the WTV file in some other player (eg Windows Media PLAYER (not Center) or on another PC etc). Does the WTV file work elsewhere? In other players and in XBMC?

The ServerWMC log doesnt show anything untoward, as I said earlier, when it comes to completed recordings ServerWMC actually doesnt do antyhing, it previuosly provided XBMC with a list of recordings, including the SMB path to each file, and when you start viewing one, XBMC just starts playing the file itself. The only indication on ServerWMC that anything even happened, is that we can see the backend request to get the "ResumePosition" of that recording item (since resume info is stored in the backend so it can be shared across all clients etc).

On the XBMC side the only error that it seems to mention sounds to be an environmental issue (missing XBMC database?)
Code:
13:31:12 T:3038224384  NOTICE: COMXPlayer: Opening: smb://USER:[email protected]/Recorded TV/Dancing With the Stars_KGTVDT_2014_10_06_20_00_00.wtv

13:32:28 T:2848412736   ERROR: SQL: SQL error or missing database
                                            Query: INSERT INTO streamdetails (idFile, iStreamType, strVideoCodec, fVideoAspect, iVideoWidth, iVideoHeight, iVideoDuration, strStereoMode) VALUES (27,0,'mjpeg',NaN,0,0,7260,'')
13:32:28 T:2848412736   ERROR: SetStreamDetailsForFileId (27) failed

I dont think that is an error and as you say, XBMC kind of acts like it is playing something but not actually showing any video output. I think the next step is as I mentioneda bove, test the WTV file itself from some different playback applictions and see if it plays there or not.

Also another thing I noticed, you got some channel EPG requests for time ranges in the 8:30pm range, when the server time clock seems to be 1:30pm. Are your client and servers set to different time zones? That could cause problems with EPG information and so on, and sometimes windows security/file share access also gets upset when timeclocks are out of sync...
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
(2014-10-08, 04:55)scarecrow420 Wrote: Im not convinced it was causing your problem. Would be nice to confirm (if you add the watched path again, and restart ServerWMC, do your clients stop being able to view recordings again?). Im guessing/hoping NO otherwise we have some big problems...
(2014-10-08, 04:55)scarecrow420 Wrote: On the XBMC side the only error that it seems to mention sounds to be an environmental issue (missing XBMC database?)
So, when I tried to re-add the path, I discovered that the folder isn't there (and hasn't been for some time). Maybe this is why the error message was occurring?

(2014-10-08, 04:55)scarecrow420 Wrote: It sounds like somethign is wrong with this recording. Does it still play OK in WMC? Try playing the WTV file itself in XBMC from the Video->Files section rather than through LiveTV section. Try playing the WTV file in some other player (eg Windows Media PLAYER (not Center) or on another PC etc). Does the WTV file work elsewhere? In other players and in XBMC?
Well, it had worked on the laptop in XBMC and WMC, but not on the RPi. Unfortunately, I have since deleted that particular file. So, I tried to recreate the problem.

I have 3 Person of Interest files. I was able to play the first one (9/23) on WMC and XBMC on the laptop. When I tried to play it through LiveTV-> Recordings on the RPi, it played the audio, but no video. So, I tried to play it through the Video->Files section and had the same result. (You will see an addition of the video file setup and a deletion of the same, plus a change to the original video file to the http address.)

I had not played the second (9/30) or the third (10/7) recordings on the laptop, but when attempting to play them on the XBMC RPi, with the second (9/30) file, I had no video, but audio was a buzzing sound. However, the third (10/7) file played great!

Afterword, I checked the second (9/30) file on my laptop XBMC and WMC and found that the video played choppy and the audio had the buzzing sound. (I'm guessing this second file is messed up!)

But to reiterate, the first (9/23) file is the one that somewhat mirrored the problem of the previous file that, once played partially on laptop WMC, would not play video on RPi XBMC.

Oh, and I get a Server Execution Failed error when I attempt to play any recordings in Windows Media PLAYER.

(2014-10-08, 04:55)scarecrow420 Wrote: The only indication on ServerWMC that anything even happened, is that we can see the backend request to get the "ResumePosition" of that recording item (since resume info is stored in the backend so it can be shared across all clients etc).
I never received a request on XBMC if I wanted to ResumePosition, or start over.

(2014-10-08, 04:55)scarecrow420 Wrote: Also another thing I noticed, you got some channel EPG requests for time ranges in the 8:30pm range, when the server time clock seems to be 1:30pm. Are your client and servers set to different time zones? That could cause problems with EPG information and so on, and sometimes windows security/file share access also gets upset when timeclocks are out of sync...
I checked the time zone and time in RaspBMC, XBMC, and ServerWMC. They all show the same thing. Perhaps, you found where I had selected a later time for future programming while in XBMC? Unless there is somewhere else to try...

Thanks so much for your help!

XBMC: http://pastebin.com/LKaGNGHC
SWMC: http://pastebin.com/FhgxkDKQ

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Delay To View New Recording0