Windows Media Center - Live TV not working
Hi! This is my first complicated post: I have Windows Media Center working perfectly for quite a while now, HDHOMERUN, etc. On some of my computers with the WMC DVR running windows, all is good -- I can see Live TV perfectly.

I am experimenting with OpenElec (which is ridiculously cool!) running from a flash drive. When I go to see LiveTV from the uPnP link, HDHOMERUN, I see channels and can select TV, works perfectly; however, when I go to LiveTV from the main menu to take advantage of the WMC DVR, I can see channels and guide, no problem, but clicking on the channel gives me a wait icon, then nothing .. pops right back. Subsequent clicks to other channels just do nothing.

I don't I am doing this right, but here's a link (I think!) to the XBMC debug info. (Sorry, pastebin wouldn't allow me to paste the HUGE file I had in there!

<script src="http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=umfPkgAr"></script>

I am sure I did that wrong .. but please forgive me, I have lots of learning to do!
UPDATE: First of all, it's PVR and not DVR! Sorry about that. Secondly, I set the WMC Server to admin: root and PW: openelec, rebooted openelec and same issue.
The link to your log file didn't work. From what you describe, it sounds like your pi cannot access the recorded tv folder on the server. so...

Make sure the rec tv folder that wmc uses for recordings is set as a network share (I recommend sharing with 'everybody'). Then in the folders tab of swmc enter the network path to this share. Since you want access from a pi, you have to enter the login credentials to the server machine (also on folders tab).
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Thanks Krusty: As you surmised, it was a permission issue. I went to the host Media Center server and confirmed the entire drive is a share where Recorded TV was located, with "everyone" with full access. However, what I did was made an Administrator with the OpenElec root login and openelec PW and LiveTV worked perfectly. I need to now figure out a cleaner solution. Appreciated!
Just to clarify, the user/password you specify in ServerWMC is for a local user on the windows server that has read access to the share. It doesnt need to be administrator on the windows box, and nor does it have any relation to the openelec user/password etc used on the client end.

The user/pass configured in ServerWMC are sent to your XBMC clients which use those credentials to access the server share over SMB (eg "smb://user:password@SERVER/Recorded TV/blah"). You can also restrict your network share on the server so only this user account can access it rather than Everyone (although most wouldnt bother with this, since it's your home network and hopefully secure anyway).

Its good to get things working first with loose permissions, then once confirmed working, you can lock down the permissions a bit more to your liking, and ensure things are still working.
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows Media Center - Live TV not working0