Android How to configure Weather
Hi,
I'm hesitant to post this because I suspect I'm doing something really, really silly in not getting this to work. Here's my problem.

Kodi 14.0-ALPHA August 1.
I'm running the default Confluence skin.
Android 4.4

I go to configure the Weather function, choose Yahoo Weather as the source, and try to enter my location.

The three list items come up, one for each location, and I click into the first box to enter it.

I enter "Nottingham", and click "Done", and a list of locations comes up. I choose "Nottingham (England - GB)" and click on it, but the "Location 1" box is still empty (actually it still says "Location 1").

No matter what I try, I can't actually get anything to appear in the box, and so it's impossible to configure the weather app.

A similar thing happens if I choose "Met Office" as the weather source. There are three locations you need to enter (I'm totally confused by what there are supposed to be).

The default "Observation Location" is Heathrow. If I click to change it, and leave the box blank a list comes up. But when I select anything from the list (eg. "Brize Norton") it does not take it, and retains Heathrow as the observation location.

So basically I'm thinking the weather app is broken - is that correct?

Cheers,
SPuD
I am having the same problem on both Android tables, one has a x86 and the other has an ARM CPU. I've tried this with OpenWeathMap and with Yahoo Weather, the locations I enter never stick. If this were Windows or Linux I'd guess a permission problem on one of the files but file creation on Android should pose no problems at all. The situation is still the same on 14.1 Test, I've just tried today. OpenWeatherMap throws a script error, too.

The same config works on my Windows machine without a hitch, so I'd wager that the script per se is not a problem. Will have a look at a debug log later.
(2015-01-28, 20:42)HeresJohnny Wrote: I am having the same problem on both Android tables, one has a x86 and the other has an ARM CPU. I've tried this with OpenWeathMap and with Yahoo Weather, the locations I enter never stick. If this were Windows or Linux I'd guess a permission problem on one of the files but file creation on Android should pose no problems at all. The situation is still the same on 14.1 Test, I've just tried today. OpenWeatherMap throws a script error, too.

The same config works on my Windows machine without a hitch, so I'd wager that the script per se is not a problem. Will have a look at a debug log later.

known problem. no fix found yet
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks for the heads up, at least now we know it's not our cheap hardware Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to configure Weather0