Android wifi refresh access point
hi i cant get my box to pick up my wifi. i tick the wifi box but all i get is refresh access point list... and select your ap. but no wifi signal is available to select. help me please
Not an XBMC issue.
As Koying says, this is very unlikely to be an XBMC issue.

- What is your "box"? An Android stick? What model number, etc. ?
- Is this a new "box"?
- If it's new, did it ever connect to WiFi before you installed XBMC?
- Is the WiFi switched on, and can you see a list of access points?
- Is this the first time you used the AP, and can other network devices attach to your access point (ie. is it a problem with the "box" or the AP?)
- If you can see multiple Access Points is there another one you can "borrow" temporarily to see if the "box" will connect to it?

Basically, go through the standard network debugging process, and if it still does not work then you probably have a faulty "box". Also I've seen many reports of Android sticks having poor WiFi signal strength. It's no great surprise because the internal antennas are so small.
Incase anyone has had this problem more recently, I had this problem, unplugged the power cable, pressed a pin in the AV hole(hear button popping), while pressing the reset button inside the AV hole, plug the power cable in and hold the button until restore screen appears, select factor reset and then reset all settings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
wifi refresh access point0