XBMC unusable auto-repeat key no on-screen keyboard
I just can't believe this...

MacBookPro Mid 2012 (last non-retina) 10.8.2. XBMC 12.2 was running fine. Now i tried to upgrade. using 13.2 32 or 64 bit. Removed home .xmbc before starting new XBMC.

Effect: XBMC comes up but behaves as if either the up or down key is contiguously pressed, eg: it continuously scrolls through the main menu. It still takes actual keyboard input, but its impossible to get to an actual menu i want, eg: to set debug.

Loading older versions (always cleaning .xbmc upfront), the 13.x versions seem to all behave this way. Latest 14.0 alpha does not have this problem in its 32 bit version, but it does have it in its 64 bit version.

When using the 14.0 32 bit version, i then run into a second problem, which is that pop up menus and keyboard input do not work... Eg: when trying to add a video directory, i get all the way up to enter username/password, and there it does not accept any key input.

any ideas ?

I thnk i'll start with compiling xbmc now. This looks fishy like incompatibility with my OS version ?
Try this in your advancedsettings.xml (wiki) file-

Code:
<advancedsettings>
          <loglevel hide="false">1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

This will set debug logging to on.

Just to be sure, you are using a version downloaded from xbmc.org? I'm running xbmc on a mini and a MacPro and haven't seen anything like this with any of the versions I've tried.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Thanks. What OS version do you use ?
Mountain Lion and Mavericks.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
debug log (wiki)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC unusable auto-repeat key no on-screen keyboard0