internal CEC adapter Intel NUC Haswell 3.3V problem
I just got one of these little new guys designed for the nuc and worked right out of the shipping packaging. But... I've found a problem with pin 6 power button lead. It sends a power on singal too long and will force a system into a reboot from waking out of sleep. At least with my Samsung TV, for right now I have kodi shut down and when I switch sources with anynet+ it boots the nuc. Although with this work around I do see a boot loop also from the pin 6 signal when it tries to boot up. Not sure if this can be fixed with a firmware update or what but with my Panasonic TV I don't see this problem... I figure it's how Samsung interacts with cec devices. All and all it got rid of the wire mess with the external one ( and no I didn't see this problem with the external one ).

Oh before I forget yes I checked all the wiring and changed boards ( I have 2 ) I disconnected the power switch ( pin 6 ) wire to test. Seems Samsung just doesn't like sleep vs off.
Update: I was brain storming and thought windows 8.1 has an option on what to do with the power button ( most of the windows operating systems do ) so I changed it from "shutdown" to "do nothing" when pressed. So far it has resolved my wake from sleep issue! These little beuties are working perfectly now!! Hopefully this will help anyone that has the problem I had.
I queried PulseEight on compatibility of the NUC HDMI-CEC adapter with D54250WYK model, noting experience in this thread re. 3.3Vsby issue, and received the following reply:

Quote:It does work, however the cable loom we supply is causing problems because the plastic connector is too tall on the red and grey leads and the box will not close properly, only on this model. We are investigating this issue and hopefully be able to supply a better wiring loom. So can I suggest hold back on purchasing until we can supply a working loom

Ideally it would be best to use the external adaptor.

Hope this helps

I had made up my own wiring for their standard internal adapter, having desoldered the pin headers (tricky!) and soldering wires directly to the adapter. I'm not using wireless, so I was able to fit the adapter neatly beneath the mSATA module.

Would have been great to have found this thread before doing all that: I experienced the same issue with 3.3Vsby, and de-soldering resisters from NUC motherboard and other custom power solutions are steps too far for me... oh well!!

I've now decided to take the "safer" route and have ordered an external adapter.

(As an aside, in relation to the clearance issue noted by PulseEight, the plug I used for the CSH did fit - sort of - in that the insulation of the wires got a bit squashed, but didn't otherwise compromise the wiring. Seems like Intel didn't expect anyone would actually use the CSH header!? I obtained plugs and pre-crimped wires from pcpartsandcables - a very helpful bunch.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
internal CEC adapter Intel NUC Haswell 3.3V problem0