WIP Unnamed
Hello

This Skin is Confluence based, (and beside fully Mouse and Touch capable)

Here some first Screens from the Skin im actualy Working on:

watch gallery

Supported Scripts And Addons so far:
Moste of the imho. Importand Stuff.

Regards
heres the Alpha

Outdated -> Link removed!

(Supportet Languages atm.: only German and English!!)

Please note:!! You may have to rename the .zip File to "skin.VisionHD-Evo_(WIP).zip" for proper Installation!!

There a lot of features Includet thil now. But he, see for your self.

Hint:
To all thows RaspberryPI Users out there, go to Skinsettings -> Mainmenu options - "performance" and toggle the setting for "use Global Background in Home" this shuld increase the Performance.
Good Morning .
I really like this skin , feels light and very beautiful , thank you for your work .
Good weekend .
I'm guessing it's Helix compatible?

/edit:
Did found a few things.
- When Radio (main menu) is highlighted the icon disappears.
- English/German mix for YouTube submenu item, LiveTV in Skin Display options, Addon Panel (underneath Submenu) in Display options
- Text between ( ) not readable when highlighted in (skin) settings.
- Couldn't change/select Homescreen-Addons Display options (missing needed addon?)
- Couldn't change/select "Now Playing" Widgets - Show "Now Playing"Widget in Home (left)
- Background (views) has 4 items but only 1`has text
- In Background options there is a strange square beneath latest item.
- When certain windows are opened I couldn't navigate to Home/Back button
Thanks for the Feedback.

@Shumi2004

(2014-10-19, 12:21)schumi2004 Wrote: Did found a few things.
- When Radio (main menu) is highlighted the icon disappears.
Cant reproduce this Bug. Works fine on my Side. Maby a restart of XBMC solves this issue, aniway will have a quick look in to the code.

(2014-10-19, 12:21)schumi2004 Wrote: - English/German mix for YouTube submenu item, LiveTV in Skin Display options, Addon Panel (underneath Submenu) in Display options
Thanks for report, jer did also notice that i did'nt set all language strings, will fix this.

(2014-10-19, 12:21)schumi2004 Wrote: - Text between ( ) not readable when highlighted in (skin) settings.
jer i knew, the Settings area is still work in progress..

(2014-10-19, 12:21)schumi2004 Wrote: - Couldn't change/select Homescreen-Addons Display options (missing needed addon?)
also a "German/English mix" problem i guess, this Option is only enabled (selectable) if "lower Menu" isnt selected. I may chanche this behavior in a later version or Kick it at all.

(2014-10-19, 12:21)schumi2004 Wrote: - Couldn't change/select "Now Playing" Widgets - Show "Now Playing"Widget in Home (left)
There shuld display a Infotext which tells you "Show Background "Now Playing" Video and Visualisation have to be disabled to enable this widget."

(2014-10-19, 12:21)schumi2004 Wrote: - Background (views) has 4 items but only 1`has text
You refering to the Skinsettings item "Background Options" i guess. -> Yes thats true, missing language strings, have to fix this.

(2014-10-19, 12:21)schumi2004 Wrote: - In Background options there is a strange square beneath latest item.
this is knewn -> WIP (but thanks anyway)

(2014-10-19, 12:21)schumi2004 Wrote: - When certain windows are opened I couldn't navigate to Home/Back button
Sry. but not clear what you refering to, there. I Guess you use a Remote to navigate thru XBMC. The "Home" and the "Back" Button got the same functionality as in Confluence. If you use a Remote i would recoment to disable mouse and touchscreen support (System -> Input devices)

Regards
looks really slick, will continue to watch development on this.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
I have been using your skin for three days now and found it ( so far) very good! Nice simple design overall!
Is it yet possible to choose an icon for custom main menu entry ?
Do you. Intend to make a dark theme?
Thanks a lot!
Cheers!
Thanks for the Feedback

@bakito:
(2014-10-21, 18:41)bakito Wrote: Is it yet possible to choose an icon for custom main menu entry ?
Not possible a.t.m.
Could think about to include this option. What would you like to do? Choose a Icon from local Harddisc, or Choose from a variety of pregiven Icons?, if so; what kinde of Icon would you like to see to choose ftrom? (both options would be possible)

(2014-10-21, 18:41)bakito Wrote: Do you. Intend to make a dark theme?
Not shure a.t.m.. Did Experimenting with a Dark theme already, but wasnt to happy how it did look. For the Moment i stay with the bright Look, as soon i've reached the Beta Status i may think again of additional Themes.

Regards.
Very nice indeed!! Keep up the good work!!!
First of all: Very nice skin! And since it is based on Confluence I hope it will be very responsive also on Raspberry and Tablets (supporting touch screens as well), so I could have a unified skin for all my different XBMC devices.

Now some comments:

1. I would definitily(!!!) need a dark theme/dark background. I usually use my XBMC-PC with the lights in the room turned off and a bright skin then just "burns" in your eyes. Also an overall bright screen causes noise on some plasma TVs. And finally: For me a bright skin gets boring after some while whereas a dark theme is kind of timeless.

2. The background needs more transparency. Do not get me wrong: I like it, when there is an overlay and the background is not fully shing through. However, with this overlay you almost cannot even recognize that there is a fanart or picture in the background. This applies for the bright overlay as well as any dark overlay you would add. Of course the best thing would be to make the degree of the transition selectable in the options menu - but that might be hard (especially if you want to have a suitable color theme for any level of transition).

3. You may need to adjust the font colors in some places. For the (currently) very bright background I used the "bright_test" color-theme which was a little better then the standard color-theme, but still not optimal. I would recommend making those adjustments once the overlay for the bright (and hopefully dark) theme is fixed.

4. Skin needs support for logos and cleararts in Videos, Music-Videos, TV-Shows and Music sections.

5. It would be nice to start a diashow (fullscreen) once you klick on the pictures widget.

6. Focus in the TV list could be clearer. Currently it is not very easy to make out what channel the focus is on.

7. TV-Show section needs support for banners.

8. A thumbnail view with more and smaller thumbnails (filling the screen to the edge) would be nice to scroll quickly thorugh large movie databases.

However, this skin already is a great piece of work and it has potential to become of the best skins currently available. Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!

Brgds,

FantasticN
I find this a fantastic skin and Very Quickly just perfect!
However, I have a wish can you create something like this musicvisualisation screen?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zqyek07v1visxf...0.png?dl=0
that would be totally great,
I hope that the skin will be Helix compatible, and that you can opt for a dark theme
success with the further development of this skin.
MacMini 2012 - MacOS 10.10 - Kodi
I'll be keeping an eye on this skin too. I've been testing out all the skins lately to find a replacement for the Amber skin.
The two best for me are Refred and this one Smile
(2014-10-24, 20:11)fantasticn Wrote: 1. I would definitily(!!!) need a dark theme/dark background. I usually use my XBMC-PC with the lights in the room turned off and a bright skin then just "burns" in your eyes. Also an overall bright screen causes noise on some plasma TVs. And finally: For me a bright skin gets boring after some while whereas a dark theme is kind of timeless.

2. The background needs more transparency. Do not get me wrong: I like it, when there is an overlay and the background is not fully shing through. However, with this overlay you almost cannot even recognize that there is a fanart or picture in the background. This applies for the bright overlay as well as any dark overlay you would add. Of course the best thing would be to make the degree of the transition selectable in the options menu - but that might be hard (especially if you want to have a suitable color theme for any level of transition).

3. You may need to adjust the font colors in some places. For the (currently) very bright background I used the "bright_test" color-theme which was a little better then the standard color-theme, but still not optimal. I would recommend making those adjustments once the overlay for the bright (and hopefully dark) theme is fixed.

4. Skin needs support for logos and cleararts in Videos, Music-Videos, TV-Shows and Music sections.

5. It would be nice to start a diashow (fullscreen) once you klick on the pictures widget.

6. Focus in the TV list could be clearer. Currently it is not very easy to make out what channel the focus is on.

7. TV-Show section needs support for banners.

8. A thumbnail view with more and smaller thumbnails (filling the screen to the edge) would be nice to scroll quickly thorugh large movie databases.

However, this skin already is a great piece of work and it has potential to become of the best skins currently available. Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!

Brgds,

FantasticN

1. O.K. i see theres a need for a Dark Theme

3. Jer, the readability in some places is indeed a thing (just to not call it a problem), which i have to face, and think "here and there" for a solution. Funnywise you get "here and there" a better readability if you choose the "Dark"-Colorset (white font), which was actuali in there/created for a dark Theme. I May increase the Font sice here and there and see how it looks.

4. The Skin already support Clerlogo in some Views, but none of the Views which suppots Clearlorgo are available in other than the Video section. i'll think about to also include Clearlogo perhaps in the "MidList", so you would got at least one View which would show these crazy Logos also in the Music section.

5. Not a bad Idea, i'll keep this in minde for a later time in the development process.

6. thanks -> already fixed, Now Live-TV views (Style1) have the same focus Image like the other Views do.

7. Not shuse about that atm. depends a bit on the sparetime i've got left. But for the Moment there will be no new Views (Maby at a lator Time, we'll see.)

---------

(2014-10-26, 10:45)sling Wrote: I find this a fantastic skin and Very Quickly just perfect!
However, I have a wish can you create something like this musicvisualisation screen?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zqyek07v1visxf...0.png?dl=0
that would be totally great,
I hope that the skin will be Helix compatible, and that you can opt for a dark theme
success with the further development of this skin.

Sry. No, this will not gonna happen. (Basic design will stay as it is (more ore less at least))
That is a pity all the skins come, when playing music, does not go beyond than full screen pictures, sometimes a cover and cdart.
as a result, kodi has nothing more to offer than a regular audio player. In this way, kodi is nothing more than a database for playing movies and music.
And that while the big screen has so much to offer.
information about the artist, logo, similar artists, easily switch to online video, etc.
In short there is something to look while listening.
Unfortunately I can not develop it myself. I'll only can make adjustments.
It is your choice, good luck with the development of this by the way beautiful skin.
MacMini 2012 - MacOS 10.10 - Kodi
(2014-11-09, 11:24)sling Wrote: That is a pity all the skins come, when playing music, does not go beyond than full screen pictures, sometimes a cover and cdart.
as a result, kodi has nothing more to offer than a regular audio player. In this way, kodi is nothing more than a database for playing movies and music.
And that while the big screen has so much to offer.
information about the artist, logo, similar artists, easily switch to online video, etc.
In short there is something to look while listening.
Unfortunately I can not develop it myself. I'll only can make adjustments.
It is your choice, good luck with the development of this by the way beautiful skin.

As i think for now, these things dosnt belong in the Music OSD. I could think of an additional Button to show probably a small Playlist and maby Artist or Album Info.

by The way these things you requested are already possible with this Skin just not on the OSD. (Search for Music Clip on Youtube for a Specific Song from the View (Midlist), search for Artist on Youtube, aso.
You finde similar Artists in The ArtistInfo Window/Dialogue (thuth them belong there.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unnamed2