No PVR clients have been started yet
(2014-10-16, 23:46)brohawk Wrote: I have no idea why. It's definitely running, and I have NPVR server default setting at 8866. I don't have the box next to that setting ticked to run as client also
Don't tick that. This tick box is for if you're configuring that machine as a PC client, which will use another NextPVR as a server. Nothing to do with XBMC.
OK no problems accessing http://127.0.0.1:8866/ and viewing epg, recordings, etc.

I am now questioning if I got some of the npvr settings wrong though. I have web server enabled, port 8866 as default, and then I entered a user and pw--the same credentials as the Windows laptop, which are also stored in xbmc for the purpose of smb shares. Should this be enabled? If so is my thinking correct on the type of credentials to be entering?
But your log showed the addon trying to connect to port 8836 not 8866 (at least that is my recollection, I can't seem to get into your log right now).

I imagine credentials are whatever username and password you have set up in NextPVR.

Also just because NextPVR is available on the same computer, doesn't mean it will be from another host. Try http://ipaddressofwinmachine:8866/ in a web browser from elsewhere on your LAN.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Xbmclogs.com has been spotty for me too lately, including right now. Will try again later, but I don't remember seeing 8863 in the log and the client addon is definitely set to 8866.

I'd agree re: credentials and have them set in npvr, but nowhere in the addon configuration does it ask for user/pw, which is why I wonder if anything should be set in npvr.

I'm not at home at the moment but will try accessing the laptop's ip:8866 from my phone's browser when I get back. Thanks for the tip.
It uses a PIN not not username/password and if it is not 0000 you need to configure the server. Did you confirm the port in the XBMC PVR configuration just in case ?

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No PVR clients have been started yet0