AVBroadcaster and MyTheatre
Sad 
i stream mytheatre to xbmc through avbroadcaster and quite often the picture will start to pixelate after playing for an hour or so. do the graphs in mytheater come into play when the display is off in mytheatre and the video is streaming to the xbox? before i start tinkering with graphs i want to make sure i'm not wasting my time.
its not mt. avb ( i use seansters (.13) for the epg) just sends the stream. its the cache settings. i use (starting at the top):

ftp is on and web is off.

seems to work fine. differnt builds of xbmc may also have an impact so the cache may have to change. i had no problem with an early march build nor the may 29 one i'm using now.

avb broadcasts to: 127.0.0.1 and then i broadcast through vlc to the mt pc's local ip. keeps the network traffic to a minimum. these are the settings i use:
"vlc.exe" udp://@:5000 :access-filter=timeshift :udp-caching=4096 Confusedout=#duplicate{dst=std{access=http,mux=ts,url=192.168.25.101:7000}}

hope this helps...
i'll try the cache settings. the instructions i read said to set the avb network address to the ip address of the xbox. i'm not familiar with vlc and have no idea what the benefits are of using it.

on another forum someone said the pixelization problem started appearing after mt 3.20 and is due to a memory leak that has not been corrected. the poster suggested reverting back to mt 3.20 and the problem should go away. does anyone else know anything about this?
i've had some success using the remote view feature in mytheatre to stream to vlc instead of avbroadcaster.

in the remote view options i set the ip to 127.0.0.1 and then use vlc as suggested by holigan.

av broadcaster still needs to be active (but not broadcasting) in order to change channel.

i never get pixilation using this method.
and i never got remote view to work properly. always pegs my cpu... where as avb worked out of the box, just as seanster's page says. i never got any broadcasting to work with the xbox properly before rebroadcasting the avb stream using vlc (as described). it was far better then straight avb but still pixalized and dropped after 30-60 minutes (sometimes less). using the above cache settings has, along with vlc, removed all problems. it will run for hours. i don't think i've had it drop since setting up vlc and the cache setting above.

now if only someone could integrate something like hyperepg into an avb type plugin... and it didn't keep going black (sigh)...

btw marplar. thanx for the modified script with the epg server. i had a bunch of fun testing it. never could get a reliable epg read out of it. sometimes it would be fine, othertimes it would only have a few channels. i could make it work by opening the channel.mdf in access and changing all the channel types to match the ones that worked (tv) but every scan would put them back. i think it needs its own db like hyperepg had to implement (for the same reason). at any rate, i really liked the on screen bit you put together. i still have it setup and every new version of mt i fire it up again to see...

current version i have is:

version 3.1 18-01-05
added: vlc mode (thanks to exp)
added: settings in gui (using settingsmgr by van der phunck aka aslak grinsted)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AVBroadcaster and MyTheatre0