API for adding media to Library from addons
Hi,

Wondering if this would be doable, to create API for addons to create media items in Library. One example would be PVR recorded movie poping up in Movie Library with all scrapers working. Or youtube movie added to Movie Library.

Openning items would have to be done via addon as it is now with PVR addons.

Regards
Piotr
I'm working on a system that will allow importing items from anywhere (plugins, upnp servers, ...) possible. Right now I'm focusing on importing items from other XBMC/Kodi instances through UPnP but I also want to support plugins.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
This would be great. I mean the ability to add content from an addon to a library (music or video).
(2014-10-13, 08:29)Montellese Wrote: I'm working on a system that will allow importing items from anywhere (plugins, upnp servers, ...) possible. Right now I'm focusing on importing items from other XBMC/Kodi instances through UPnP but I also want to support plugins.
Any schedule when that will happen? Where can I try/test new code?
No schedule. I've been working on this for over two years now but for the last year I only had very very limited time to work on XBMC/Kodi and there were other important things (fixes etc.) that had to be done so I didn't get much done. That's also why I've never publicly/officially announced this work. You can find the current state at https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc/tree/...t_redesign but there's so much missing. I don't even know if it compiles anywhere else but on windows.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Any general idea how it will be implemented? Some general api which will be used from both addons and file scraper? Im new to kodi dev so any hint where to look at would be Good, maybe i could help.
(2014-12-29, 00:05)wozio Wrote: Any general idea how it will be implemented? Some general api which will be used from both addons and file scraper? Im new to kodi dev so any hint where to look at would be Good, maybe i could help.

See http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1869132 for a bit more detail.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
API for adding media to Library from addons0