Android Test builds for HEVC / H.265 support on AMLogic and StageFright/MediaCodec?
got it..unfortunately, no HEVC HW decode on AMLogic S812. Sad S812 also not supporting 10bit depth HEVC. RK3288 supposed to support it. But only waiting to get RK3288 chipset based Android device. Anyone want to test 10bit decode on RK3288? Would be really happy. Can give whole movie compressed with 10-bit version of x265 to test. Smile
Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when you play the HEVC video?
This might be related to an AMLogic hardware decoding bug in v14.0. Maybe.
Will post it in 8-10 hours. I won't be earlier by the the box. Smile
The new 12-26 version you've posted here ( kodi-20141225-48eb0f6-HEVC-testing-armeabi-v7a ) fixes my Amlogic s802 hardware acceleration issues.

This makes three versions that now work with s802:
* v14-Alpha 3
* Koying's RC2-Test version
* The compile posted here ( kodi-20141225-48eb0f6-HEVC-testing-armeabi-v7a )

All others appear to have a problem with Amlogic hardware accelerated decoding.
@ned Scott

Sending you the KODI.LOG file. You can download here:
Code:
http://www.uschovna.cz/zasilka/CLVSWGIAPPEG2ZWS-AGU/

Strange is, that with S812 (which is supposed to be quad-core), it show on 2 cores... Sad
I'm not sure what the issue might be, as nothing obvious pops out at me. We'll need an actual dev to look at this.

The good news is that AMLogic HEVC support is now been merged into the master branch and will be included in nightly builds (wiki) starting tonight, so you guys won't have to wait on me making test builds each time :)
Superb. Smile And what about RK3288 with Main10 HEVC support? Smile Or it's working already? (can't test, because I got test unit only on the way).
Ok....what's the problem... Sad

Kodi 14 FINAL and above nightly builds + anything based on Kodi 14 FINAL isn't starting on my AMLogic S812 device. Sad Especially SPMC 13.4, which is suppossed to decode HEVC by HW.
Isn't starting at all? Not even letting you select anything?
No. Isn't starting. Smile Just boot screen flashes, and back to android. Sad
Would you be using Xunity ?
We warned you, now it's really crashing and burning your boxes Wink
My 2 cents... I've got an Odroid C1 which is S805 based. Kodi 14 works fine but without the acceleration, obviously. Any of the test builds though crash after the splash screen.

Is there any way to build the S805 support into v14 Final ?

Thanks

Pete
Hi!
Is there someone that was able to use the hardware acceleration with S805 - S812 based media player without having crashes after startup screen?
In my case I have a sunchip-tech CX-S806S with S812 and neither SPMC 13.4 nor Kodi 14.1 can start (always crash after startup screen).
Yes, me Wink
S802 / S805 / S812 all work fine for me (on Minix)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Test builds for HEVC / H.265 support on AMLogic and StageFright/MediaCodec?1