• 87(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
Pecinko, for what its worth 3.1.8 is default on my new atv 1 image ... phenomenal work! Love it! Thanks so much for your hard work and dedication. No snafu's to speak of.
Evening,

I did the apt-get remove etc and then re did the install and it all works now Smile

now I can use quartz again Smile

One last thing, if i remember rightly on the original version there was an option for movies I had part watched and then could go back to the list with out having to go in to the library etc and it would resume. Is that no longer available for movies?
(2012-03-29, 19:28)zad3717 Wrote: One last thing, if i remember rightly on the original version there was an option for movies I had part watched and then could go back to the list with out having to go in to the library etc and it would resume. Is that no longer available for movies?

I believe this is not much used by majority of users and furthermore there is no way to list only unwatched movies that you did not finish watching.

That said, you could make a smart playlist that would return movies that are in progress and map it as menu item.
(2012-03-29, 03:03)echo Wrote: An additional question to my previous post - could you tell me which xml to edit to add "loop" functionality to a list? (i.e when scrolling down the list of movies and you reach the end, it could automatically continue from the top of the list)..

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out :-)

As it seems that wrapping is disabled on atv2, despite the fact that I wanted this only on Mac only I will make it available again in next release and hope that Davilla will eventually fix this on OS X.
(2012-03-29, 07:54)Peter911 Wrote: yes, but only a Suggestion for a switchable Option in Skin Settings!?

To be quite frank, I'm not sure if ATV3 would ever be available in Quartz as I don't know how to solve many problems that would arise:

- media shelf is larger meaning total rework of existing one (read coding it up from the ground up)
- where would menu items go and how would I solve going to, say, movie genres in that case?
- what would be shown below grey icons?

For what it's worth I gave it a go on my ATV and wasn't that thrilled with unpleasant screen scroll when you hit down from menu items.
(2012-03-29, 18:58)dynaflash Wrote: Pecinko, for what its worth 3.1.8 is default on my new atv 1 image ... phenomenal work! Love it! Thanks so much for your hard work and dedication. No snafu's to speak of.

What can I say - you're a man of wealth and taste Smile Glad you find Quartz worthy shipping as default skin.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2012-03-28, 18:58)pecinko Wrote:
(2012-03-28, 18:33)f@milym@n Wrote: Sure thing, here's the forum page: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124880
And here's the wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add..._Slideshow

Done.

Pecinko, I want to make sure I'm not missing something... I've got 3.1.9 installed but I'm not seeing the artist slideshow... Is there a new setting or something I need to do? Or maybe its coming in the next update? Just curious, thanks again.
(2012-04-01, 02:58)f@milym@n Wrote: Pecinko, I want to make sure I'm not missing something... I've got 3.1.9 installed but I'm not seeing the artist slideshow... Is there a new setting or something I need to do?

No setting up WILL BE required - if artist slideshow script is found _AND_ fanart is enabled in music playing window artist slideshow will start automatically.

My skins:

Amber
Quartz

*Updated*

Added artist slideshow support
Allow list wrapping on OS X
Added half grid views for TVShows and Movies
Improved grid list behavior
Added help images for settings
Reworked shutdown dialog
Visual cosmetics
Added possibility to change image above XBMC menu on home
Code cleanup and some speed improvements
screenshots folder updated
skin fanart image added

Added fan art views for music
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Pecinko, thanks a lot for your hard work. I'm loving the skin more and more. As far as I'm concerned it's the definitive skin for XBMC.

Since everything is more or less the way I want it now, I've finally taken to making a mockup of what I would like as the TV Shows view that I mentioned long ago. Please excuse some background colours in the mockup on the left side, it has to do with fanart that was visible in my source material Smile

To me, it's closer to the movies view per show, but with a nice tv show only twist. Also, it allows for quite a bit of info. Please let me know if this is a view you would consider.

Ah.. and one last thing.. if you allow a custom image for the XBMC menu, could you also allow favorites in that menu? That way I can move the 2 or 3 things that don't fit anywhere else and make everything neat </ocd> Wink

thanks!

<edit> and I hope I get some time to look into live tv screenshots, as I haven't gotten the EPG to work right yet, and without it there's no point in even looking at it really
And you have checked new views in 3.2.1, right?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2012-04-01, 22:50)pecinko Wrote: And you have checked new views in 3.2.1, right?

not yet, as the machine I took the screenshots with hasn't autoupdated the skin for some reason. I'll check the other, main machine now....

[gets back from the living room with the tv and the main xbmc/quartz in it]

Right.. icons2. To be honest, I prefer my mockup, as I don't have fanart (I really don't like it, and it's sluggish as anything on both ATV1 and ATV2) anymore in my XBMC. Also, the extra space between the banners and the "TV Shows" above the banners make it so you have a lot less space for the number of banners.

And to be honest, without fanart the look is not very good. Still, you made the view I've been asking for for a while. All I had to do was enable grid&fanart view modes Smile

Would you be willing to recode Icons 2 to look like my mockup?

<edit> it seems like there's a bug in the home media shelf customizer option in 3.2.1, it takes me to weird places in all installs, even after resetting all settings.

<edit2> this may be a stupid question, but I've never seen a difference between active and passive scrollbars. What does that setting do?
(2012-04-01, 23:10)mediumdry Wrote: <edit> it seems like there's a bug in the home media shelf customizer option in 3.2.1, it takes me to weird places in all installs, even after resetting all settings.

That one is really nasty. Fix is on the way.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

*updated*

Fixed bug in shelf customizer
Added missing images in settings
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I'm sorry if I've just overlooked this setting, but is there a way to invert the watched indicator? It defaults to a blue dot if you haven't watched an item, but I'd like the reverse: unmarked until watched.
(2012-04-02, 01:55)maruchan Wrote: I'm sorry if I've just overlooked this setting, but is there a way to invert the watched indicator? It defaults to a blue dot if you haven't watched an item, but I'd like the reverse: unmarked until watched.

No way to change, sorry.

I have decided to stick with ATV interface and mark items of interest instead of vice versa.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2012-04-01, 22:50)pecinko Wrote: And you have checked new views in 3.2.1, right?

Without fanart (which I'm trying to avoid everywhere I can) it doesn't look very good. Any chance of a change to the view?

Maybe but don't hold your breath.

Banners where introduced, IMHO, to allow more items in grid view and to allow more fanart to be seen in fanart views. They have very specific dimensions and do not allow much flexibility in other cases. E.g. Your mockup seems unbalanced to me as you have half of the screen in text.

Since you do not use grid nor fanart it seems more logical to go with posters for tv shows in your case. Just a thought.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 87(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12