Solved Cannot create a smart playlist with mixed type
Creating a smart playlist with Type=Mixed only creates an empty list.

What I am trying to achieve:  To create a playlist that contains both Movies and Episodes from a folder called Comedies, which has Movies in subfolder MV and Episodes in subfolder TV.

I have a folder ...\Comedy containing two folders, TV (holds Episodes) and MV (holds Movies).  I created Sources for both these folders and scanned both successfully to library.  Entering the sources shows the content scanned to library.
Creating a smart playlist with type=mixed and path starts with .../Comedy (Full path entered, of course), results in an empty playlist.

Alternative method tried: Create two smart playlists. Type = Episodes for path starts with .../Comedy/TV (Full path entered, of course), and Type = Movies for path starts with .../Comedy/Mv (Full path entered, of course), both working.  Then created smart playlist with Type = Mixed and Rules Playlist is Comedy Mv and Playlist is Comedy TV (One or more of the rules must match), again creates and empty playlist.
Mixed only supports music.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Hi @GvdNest and welcome to the forums.

Thanks for reporting the issue.
However, this not a skin issue.

As @Lunatixz write, mixed content for smart playlists is only available for music.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists

Wiki Wrote:It is not possible to combine different classes of media into a playlist. eg you cannot combine Movies and TV Shows. The only combining allowed is Music and Music Videos as these may share a common Artist
(2021-07-09, 16:20)Gade Wrote: Hi @GvdNest and welcome to the forums.

Thanks for reporting the issue.
However, this not a skin issue.

As @Lunatixz write, mixed content for smart playlists is only available for music.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists
Wiki Wrote:It is not possible to combine different classes of media into a playlist. eg you cannot combine Movies and TV Shows. The only combining allowed is Music and Music Videos as these may share a common Artist

Thank you for your answers.  I appreciate it.
No problem.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

I'll mark this thread as solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot create a smart playlist with mixed type0