Best scraping options?
I haven't been on here a while and haven't touched my home setup for over a year so its all a bit out of date.

My aim is to find the best software to manage my movies and tv shows (stored on my NAS) from my Windows laptop. I had been using Ember Media Manager but it stopped scraping movies for me last year and stopped finding artwork etc (which i need placed in the movie folders on my NAS).

Is there a new version of Ember that works?
Or a better alternative these days?

Thanks
Devices
- NAS: Synology DS212, 6TB, MySQL
- HTPC: Intel NUC N2830, 2.4ghz, 4GB RAM, SSD, Win 7 & OpenElec (dual boot) / Kodi 15.2
- PC: Lenovo M92P, 3.2ghz, 12GB RAM, Win 10 / Kodi 17.4
- Laptop: Acer 5750G, 2.9ghz, 8GB RAM, SSD, Windows 10 / Kodi 15.2

I use ember version 1.4 and have no problems what so ever. Just make sure you read the instructions for the version of vlc needed.
HTPC Basement: i3 3225, Asrock z77 pro4m, 8gb Crucial DDR3 1600, Samsung 840 120gb SSD, Silverstone GD05B Case

HTPC Livingroom: WIP

Server: UnRaid: Intel G550, Asrock B75 pro3m, 4gb ram, Parity Drive 3tb WD Red, Data 2 x 2tb WD Red, Cache 1tb WD Blue, Fractal Design XL R2 Case
Well, if you're willing to test new stuff, people from MediaBrowser have adapted their scrapping system to be compatible with XBMC. I haven't tested it personally, as the Linux version still has a few bugs, but looking at their specs and the posts in different treads, seems to be a great option. For one, they're the only scrapper currently supporting music... And the long-term plan (once Linux is ready) SEEMS TO BE to be able to run it directly from the NAS (of course, you need a NAS powerful enough to run some basic apps)

Kr

Max

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best scraping options?0