AccuWeather.com maps script
nuka,
i'm running 720p and everything i have one issue with your pal16x9 xmls (pal works fine)...

I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
is there a pal16x9 folder in the skin/pmiii folder?

there should be and a custom1156_accuweather.xml in there.

custom*.xml don't seem to revert if they don't exist in the 16x9 folder.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
i placed the xmls in skin\project mayhem iii\pal16x9
that is when the problem occurs

when i put them in skin\project mayhem iii\pal everything is fine

i'm putting them in according to your placement in your package.. thus pal in pal & pal16x9 in pal16x9
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
hmm, i get that when i don't have the custom*.xml in the pal16x9 folder.

i'm running at 720p also.

i just downloaded the zip and it works fine for me.

i don't know. :joker:
new update:

added: airport code search for cities without one.
changed: uses the new setimage, slight speed improvement
changed: all supporting files except the necessary custom*.xml's are under the scripts folder. i couldn't get pil to work zipped, so it's unzipped. if anybody knows how let me know.
fixed: some bugs

there's been some major changes, so you must delete the old version and replace all files.

the myweather.xml's are up to date with the latest version of pmiii and mc360.

this version uses a new method. you must have a new build at least the most recent t3ch build.

you can download it here
there is always the xradar python script that used to work very well. it stopped working because weather.com went to a 5 image loop instead of a 6 image loop.

so i fixed the script and you can get it here...

http://files.filefront.com/xradarrar/;52...einfo.html
thanks, but that fix has been posted many times in it's own thread.
I think this is great - but on my screen I can see the other weather screen underneath, with text coming through. I am probably doing something silly - but what?

Thanks for this - I love it.
Great script....one problem..will not work for Alaska. It gives an error downloading map and then pulls up Florida. Zips I use are 99501, 99701, 99743. (Anchorage, Fairbanks, Healy).
I've noticed the see through, but that happened when I was messing with XBMC source. I'll look into it.

For Anchorage, make sure your using just Anchorage, AK. Also you can't enter zipcodes in XBMC weather settings and have this script work right. It appends the zip code, so the search won't work. I'll add a check for that.

There's a new version coming.

Added: Severe weather RSS feeds from NOAA. You'll get a list of counties for your state to choose from.
changed: The skinning will be local, so no need to put a seperate skin file in your skin folder. This may also fix the transparency issue, since I changed to a window from a windowdialog. You lose BG animation/visualization. But the maps covered most of that anyway.
with the skinning change, you'll have full control of where to place buttons and add additional images, labels and such. Like an overlay. Just don't change the navigation Left and Right or the ID numbers for the controls with ID numbers.
New version, everything is contained in one folder. No need to install skins or libraries elsewhere.

Changed: Uses a new skin parser module. You design the window just like you would for XBMC. I've included one for PM III and MC360. The controls with <ID> are the main controls. You can move them and change most of the settings. DO NOT change ID's or the <type> and you shouldn't change the direction (<onleft> and <onright>) With this new skinning. You could for instance add an overlay. As with XBMC skinning, what is at the top of the file get's rendered first.

Added: Severe weather RSS feed from NOAA. You'll be presented with a list of counties for your state.

Added: An automatic download timer. Different maps have different refresh times. It stores this so even if you change maps it doesn't reset.

Added: yellow/info buttons force a refresh.

I renamed the script default.py to take advantage of the new scripts window. If you have a link in MyWeather.xml make sure it's default.py. (I did not include those files in this)

I added a few threads, so I need to know if this causes any problems for people.

If everything works good, I'll add the hurricane maps and submit it to xbmcscripts.com

You can get it here
This works really great for me now - but as a newbie, I don't know how to add this script to the main Weather section - the prior version added the button to get to the script. Could you guide me how to do this?

Thanks!
Just copy the myweather.xml from the older version. The link should already be set to default.py. I think Smile
Thanks - could you post the xml - I no longer have the previous version and the download link doesn't work anymore.

Thanks again!
http://www.filefactory.com/file/eb2391/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AccuWeather.com maps script0