Turning On Via Remote From Cold State / Remote Rec
hey folks
it's been a good bit since i've been on here and I can't find the thread that discussed this so i'm hoping someone can help me out with this.

I used to have a Harmony one that was able to power on my windows based HTPC from a cold state - however, the dongle that made it happen stopped working and shortly thereafter my remote stopped working.

Fast forward to today and I have moved all of my AV equipment into my closet and use several remotes and a bluetooth keyboard for control. I'm trying to find that thread that discussed using RF and what not to power the system on (so i don't have to keep opening my closet). Any thoughts?

I was thinking about buying the Harmony Home getup but it doesn't have very good reviews and i can't find anything on here that mentions this.

Does anyone have any recollection as to the thread i'm speaking to? If not - any suggestions as to what i should buy?
The Mi7 (full specs)
HTPC: Antek ISK 300 | Pico 160 | ASRock z77E | i7 3770S | GSkill Ares 8GB | BigShuriken 2 | Crucial 64 SSD
TOYS: Panasonic TC-P58S2 | Onkyo TX-SR608 | Atlantic Tech 2400 | Harmony 1 | iPazzPort ProMini | Mohu 1000 | HomeRun Dual | 2x2TB NAS
Hi, I have a Harmony One paired with a Flirc and I am able to wake my PC from S3 with no problem. I even have the harmony setup to put it into S3 "Power Off" from XBMC once I press the Off button on the remote.

I am not sure how you would do it with just a regular IR dongle.

I do think a Flirc would be very handy for not only that, but being able to program the remote to do other things with ease. I think I dodged a bullet by going this route instead of getting an IR dongle.
|Kodi: Nvidia Shield 2019|Media Server: Unraid 40TB|TV Tuner: HDHR Prime|Server Apps: TVHeadend w/ Cablecard (FIOS), Plex (Kodi backend), Radarr, Sonarr
sorry for the delayed response as i've been traveling but thanks for the tip, i think i was having a major moment of flubbery as i meant RF not IR! :-)
The Mi7 (full specs)
HTPC: Antek ISK 300 | Pico 160 | ASRock z77E | i7 3770S | GSkill Ares 8GB | BigShuriken 2 | Crucial 64 SSD
TOYS: Panasonic TC-P58S2 | Onkyo TX-SR608 | Atlantic Tech 2400 | Harmony 1 | iPazzPort ProMini | Mohu 1000 | HomeRun Dual | 2x2TB NAS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Turning On Via Remote From Cold State / Remote Rec0