• 29(current)
Google Nexus Player
(2015-01-29, 05:42)Jarefahx Wrote: Is nexus player better than fire tv now?
How do you see these two devices a year from now... I mean which one would have better support in kodi or which one will have more hacking
Arm or X86?
Yeah its better. More customizable. Would suggest it Wink. X86
Both are on equal stance from a Kodi point-of-view right now, but the lack of ethernet on the NP is a bummer.

For the future, no doubt the Android TV / Lollipop platform is far more appealing than the FireOS one (unless you're an Amazon Prime user, of course).
(2015-01-30, 16:03)Koying Wrote: Both are on equal stance from a Kodi point-of-view right now, but the lack of ethernet on the NP is a bummer.

For the future, no doubt the Android TV / Lollipop platform is far more appealing than the FireOS one (unless you're an Amazon Prime user, of course).

Ftv has 2gb ram and ethernet. Nexus player has x86 but 1gb, plus ethernet. Damn it. All have is Nexus devices and all my content is on Google ecosystem and I have chromecast too. Hard times Smile.
AC 2x2 is way more than enough for blu ray as long as your home doesn't eat wifi and your router is up to snuff

There's also a cheap usb-OTG and the Ethernet-USB option for the nexus. I'm more interested to see if the android 5.0 set refresh rate option can be made into something useful for xbmc and blu ray playback
Does the Nexus Player playback VC-1 content properly? The ADT-1 falls on it's face when I try to playback my movies which are VC-1. It's a shame, if the ADT-1 properly deinterlaced 1080i (for liveTV) and played back VC-1 properly it would only be missing 24p and HD audio bit streaming. I know the Nexus Player can't do MPEG2 for Live TV. Sad
Anyone having issues with 10 bit videos and playback? If hardware acceleration is enabled sound plays, but there is no video; I have to disable acceleration for video to display. This is on both the arm and x86 version of kodi.
Can anyone tell me the best method for getting USB storage to stay mounted and in the same place? Seems like everytime my Nexus player goes to sleep or I reset I must remote my USB flash drive with stickmount or I'd have to unplug it and plug it back in for it to show up in ES File Explorer. I purchased the pro version of stickmount however I cannot get it on to my Nexus player. KODI Only sees my USB drive part of the time. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
(2015-01-31, 22:51)drhill Wrote: Does the Nexus Player playback VC-1 content properly?

Nope. Neither hardware nor software deciding can give smooth playback of Dark Knight for me
I’m using the final 14.1 X86 build and I find I get frequent lock ups and crashes. Every night it will pause playback of a show for seemingly no reason, it usually starts playing normally when I select play. Sometimes it will just do nothing and change to a grey screen. I ultimately have to force close Kodi and restart it.
I have the habit of making sure Kodi is freshly started when I go to use it, so a close and restart if I have left it open overnight. It seems to help overall, but this constant lock up is just that, constant, basically guaranteed to happen every night.
I may try the ARM build and see how I go.
(2015-02-03, 02:56)Hiphopopotamus Wrote: I’m using the final 14.1 X86 build and I find I get frequent lock ups and crashes. Every night it will pause playback of a show for seemingly no reason, it usually starts playing normally when I select play. Sometimes it will just do nothing and change to a grey screen. I ultimately have to force close Kodi and restart it.
I have the habit of making sure Kodi is freshly started when I go to use it, so a close and restart if I have left it open overnight. It seems to help overall, but this constant lock up is just that, constant, basically guaranteed to happen every night.

Use the ARM build.
(2015-02-03, 17:14)ktownhero Wrote:
(2015-02-03, 02:56)Hiphopopotamus Wrote: I’m using the final 14.1 X86 build and I find I get frequent lock ups and crashes. Every night it will pause playback of a show for seemingly no reason, it usually starts playing normally when I select play. Sometimes it will just do nothing and change to a grey screen. I ultimately have to force close Kodi and restart it.

Use the ARM build.
give us crashlogs
X86 should work without any issues
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Running the latest 14.1 x86 build for the last week and it works very well. Have not had any crashes or freezes. Leave Kodi on and switch to TV cable, leave overnight, come back the next evening and switch source back to Nexus Player and Kodi is where I left it with no issues. I do shut it down and clear memory of other apps, then load again. Also use advanced settings to cache to sd on the nexus.

Thanks for all your great work!
(2015-02-03, 17:21)Martijn Wrote: give us crashlogs

Is this how to on crash logs the correct one and relevant to the NP? - http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

I used the ARM build last night and it was fine for the two programs I watched. It was unusual programs though, ones where I keep skipping through large sections instead of just starting and watching untouched like I usually do. I will run a movie tonight and see what happens. I will switch back to X86 before hand for crash logs if that procedure is correct.
(2015-02-04, 05:23)Hiphopopotamus Wrote:
(2015-02-03, 17:21)Martijn Wrote: give us crashlogs

Is this how to on crash logs the correct one and relevant to the NP? - http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

I used the ARM build last night and it was fine for the two programs I watched. It was unusual programs though, ones where I keep skipping through large sections instead of just starting and watching untouched like I usually do. I will run a movie tonight and see what happens. I will switch back to X86 before hand for crash logs if that procedure is correct.
How did the movie go?
(2015-01-27, 16:36)lightwizard Wrote: I have my new Google Nexus Player running Kodi with all the addons perfectly.
I got mine to replace my ATV2.
It runs Kodi much smother and streaming is much better due to the AC network.
Side loading Kodi was easy Especially if you have a USB keyboard mouse compo that will work. (micro usb)
You can load Chrome and Gmail just like a phone/tablet.
The only down side is the remote feels cheap. Works just fine but feels like its going to break.
I give it two thumbs up.
I am with Lightwizard on the following:
1. The Nexus Player works really well.
2. This is replacing my ATV2.
3. Loading was easy (ARM).
I don't agree that the remote feels cheap. It feels utilitarian to me. Not as nice as the Apple remote, but that is more of show than go.
Two thumbs up.
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Nexus Player7