Recording in One-Hour Increments
Every time I have a TV show that is more than one hour, it will record in one-hour increments. Is there a setting I need to change in WMC, SWMC (on laptop), or XBMC (on RPi) so that a two-hour show will have only one file?

Thanks!
(2014-10-16, 00:25)dschroed Wrote: Every time I have a TV show that is more than one hour, it will record in one-hour increments. Is there a setting I need to change in WMC, SWMC (on laptop), or XBMC (on RPi) so that a two-hour show will have only one file?

Thanks!

AnyoneHuh
I don't believe this has anything to do with running on the Pi - you'll have better luck in a different part of the forum.
I suspect if possible (but have no idea if it is) this will be a setting in the server end, so I'd suggest asking here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=205
moved
?? So you set it to record a two hour show but you end up with two recording each one hour long? I didn't think this was possible, Please provide more detail about how you are recording the show.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Thanks for your response...

Yes. The recording was originally set up in XBMC (as a series) on my RPi with start of 8:00PM and end of 10:01PM (the extra minute was set up as a default through WMC). But, it records the first hour as one file and the rest, as the second file. There isn't a problem with a movie recording that is more than an hour, only a TV show.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Each episode of this series is two hours long? What is the series (if you don't mind saying)? When you say 'start of 8:00PM and end of 10:01PM', is that what the guide shows as a single episode length?
The only time I've seen this happen is when I had another recording start in the middle of an existing recording. In my case, I have a dual tuner HDHomerun and was recording NFL football. An hour into football, another show begins to record, but that channel was having issues and it forced itself to the other tuner to try to record (higher priority show than football). The second show didn't find good data on the second tuner either, and quit. NFL Football began to record again on the other tuner and I ended up with two split recordings of NFL football. Sorry that was so long, but hopefully it makes sense. Check to see if another timer is there and look at the Recordings History in WMC itself to see if it's changing tuners or giving any other errors.
Well it sounds like you already understand why it happened then. Certainly it doesn't break two hour episodes into one hour increments by default, in this case the wmc's rec service was trying to give you the higher priority recording and when it couldn't it went back to recording football.
(2014-10-26, 21:35)krustyreturns Wrote: Each episode of this series is two hours long? What is the series (if you don't mind saying)? When you say 'start of 8:00PM and end of 10:01PM', is that what the guide shows as a single episode length?

I'm sorry, I hadn't realized that you had responded to me...

The series is Dancing With the Stars. The guide shows it as a single episode. Unlike giant25, I have not been recording anything else at the same time.

The only thing I can think of, is that sometimes this show is only one hour (when it gets toward the end of the season). But, shouldn't it record based on the current schedule?
(2014-10-27, 22:56)dschroed Wrote:
(2014-10-26, 21:35)krustyreturns Wrote: Each episode of this series is two hours long? What is the series (if you don't mind saying)? When you say 'start of 8:00PM and end of 10:01PM', is that what the guide shows as a single episode length?

I'm sorry, I hadn't realized that you had responded to me...

The series is Dancing With the Stars. The guide shows it as a single episode. Unlike giant25, I have not been recording anything else at the same time.

The only thing I can think of, is that sometimes this show is only one hour (when it gets toward the end of the season). But, shouldn't it record based on the current schedule?

Did you look in the Recordings History of WMC itself to see how it looks? The first recording should have a reason why it stopped listed in it. I'd also compare what tuner it recorded with to the tuner used for the second recording and see if something is happening there.

And Krusty, sorry to confuse you. I was speaking about my own experience with two tuners and a higher priority, but I wasn't the OP.
Thank you for your response. I had no idea there was a Recordings History of WMC, but I Googled it and found out how to access it!

It said the partial recording began on schedule at 8:00 PM, and stopped early at 9:00 PM "due to a schedule change" (on tuner 1). The second partial recording says it began late at 9:00 PM "due to a temporary failure caused by either a system malfunction or a power loss", and stopped at 10:01 PM (on tuner 2).

It is recording again tonight, so I'll see if it records correctly, or if I get the same error.
So, last night the show was correctly recorded in one file. I don't understand what happened before, but it seems the problem resolved itself.

Thank you both for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recording in One-Hour Increments0