• 4(current)
New XBMC 13.2 and Weather Underground Add-on showing BROKEN
Yeah. I restored from a backup and fixed the error. Still get the popup window asking me to disable the addon and of course the addon is still labeled as broken. Still not sure how everyone else has fixed this? Every download link I've been able to find for this addon gives me a 404 error.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Search for weather.wunderground-3.0.8.zip

mod: link removed

GEAUX TIGERS Wink
(2014-10-21, 16:20)gremlin190 Wrote: Search for weather.wunderground-3.0.8.zip

GEAUX TIGERS Wink

please do not distribute modified versions of this addon under the 'Team-XBMC' name.
these changes have not been approved by us and we will not be held responsible for any abuse caused by this addon.

if you want to take full responsibility, then please add your name instead of ours in the addon.xml file.
also change the source and forum links so they don't point to the original locations anymore.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

mod: link removed

GEAUX TIGERS Wink

Thanks
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-10-21, 17:04)ronie Wrote:

GEAUX TIGERS Wink

please do not distribute modified versions of this addon under the 'Team-XBMC' name.
these changes have not been approved by us and we will not be held responsible for any abuse caused by this addon.

if you want to take full responsibility, then please add your name instead of ours in the addon.xml file.
also change the source and forum links so they don't point to the original locations anymore.

That link was to what I thought was a mirror for the software. I personally never modded anything in that package. Sorry that I broke the rules Confused
Thanks CW-kid!
(2014-10-21, 22:09)gremlin190 Wrote: That link was to what I thought was a mirror for the software. I personally never modded anything in that package. Sorry that I broke the rules Confused

no problem, no worries ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
THX works again Smile
Thanks CW-kid also.

Tried alternative such as OzWeather and Yahoo Weather but could not get "Location" to stick.
Hi, what is wrong with weatherunderground add-on specifically or what changed for it to break?

Can it be possibly fixed ie is it fixable problem as i realise some/most addons are open source and will anyone else make effort to fix it for user as if it can be fixed i will look at if it is fixable problem - unless some other kind soul is willing to try and fix it sooner.
The API key used for XBMC (guessing it was part of the sponsorship deal) was disabled. The official plug in was not designed to allow user entered API keys. There is nothing wrong with the add on if you put in a valid API key, I'm using it right now on all my boxes. You need to edit some of the files however and you'll still be nagged that it's broken.
I reinstalled XBMC & found out that weather undergorund is gone for good. Is there any way I could download the weather underground add-on & then add my api key? Thanks!
Before I go into the details of editing the code, note that cw-kid's suggestion to get the fork (go to github, click the "download zip file" link, then from XBMC, install add-on from that zip file) is easier. I don't know what didn't work for some people; it worked fine for me.

You do have to go into the settings, enable it, and enter a weather underground API key, available from here, in the clearly labelled field.

To add your own Weather Underground API key to the old add-on, you edit the file
Code:
c:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\weather.wunderground\resources\lib\wunderground.py
(you can also hit Win+R and enter
Code:
%APPDATA%\XBMC\addons\weather.wunderground\resources\lib\wunderground.py
). Note that this has Unix (LF only) line endings, so simple Windows editors like notepad may display it messed up.

There's a variable in there
Code:
WAIK = 'NDEzNjBkMjFkZjFhMzczNg=='
This is an obfuscated form of the XBMC API key. The WAIK is decoded with
Code:
base64.b64decode(WAIK)[::-1]
, which base64 decodes it to "6373a1fd12d06314", then reverses it to the actual XBMC API key "6373a1fd12d06314" (which has stopped working).

Anyway, I replaced that with a new variable
Code:
WUID = "0000000000000000"
and edited the urrl= line to use the WUID variable directly rather than decoding WAIK:
Code:
url = WUNDERGROUND_URL % (WUID, features, settings, query, fmt)
Replace the zeros with your choice of API key, obviously.

You can try using my API key (log in to wunderground as "random@mailinator.com", password "random", then go to http://www.wunderground.com/weather/api/d/edit.html to find it) or create your own.
(2014-10-21, 04:10)wgstarks Wrote:
Code:
url = WUNDERGROUND_URL % (WAIK), features, settings, query, fmt)

There's your problem: mismatched parentheses. There should be no closing paren after WAIK, i.e. it should read
Code:
url = WUNDERGROUND_URL % (WAIK, features, settings, query, fmt)

However, even easier is to find this fork at github, click the download zip link, and enter the API key in the settings dialog.
The forked version from github gives me a 'dependencies not met' error when i try to install it. Any thoughts, or does this only work on the very latest version of kodi? (I'm still running XBMC 12.2 for the moment)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New XBMC 13.2 and Weather Underground Add-on showing BROKEN5