Universal Remote - Wake/Suspend Issues
Hi Guys,

I hope someone can assist.

I have a generic IR receiver and have set a universal remote (URC All In One Remote 7960) programmed to it.

I can put my HTPC to sleep and wake it up again. The issue is that once it is on suspend and i've changed the remote mode to 'TV', any button press wakes the HTPC from sleep.

I'd be grateful for any advice on this, is there anyway to assign a specific key that will wake the HTPC?

Appreciate any help

Cheers
It looks as though the Ir receiver picks up any Ir signal which wakes the HTPC from sleep. Is there a way were I can assign a specific key to wake up the htpc so it only listens out for a particular signal? As it currently wakes on any Ir USB activity.
No.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I see, do you think it's an issue with my ir receiver, because it seems that any Ir signal is picked up by the receiver.
Maybe you want to recheck your BIOS settings whether there is an option to wake your pc by keyboard and select the correct button there.
Often there are options like 'Space Bar', 'CTRL+Esc' and 'Power Key'.
To me it seems that at the moment your htpc is configured to be powered on by any keyboard press, which is what IR signals usually are interpreted as: keyboard presses.
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
Thanks - just checked the bios settings, there's no option to assign wake up to a specific key.

Can I do this through Linux ? Would using a flirc receiver make any difference?
Update:

Just thought I'll provide an update in case anyone else experiences any similar problems.

The issue was due to the generic MCE IR receiver picking up other signals from any IR remotes.

I decided to try the FLIRC receiver and this appears to have resolved the problems, I had to ensure that 'wake on USB' was selected.

Also, the installation of FLIRC is very confusing via Linux, therefore it may be best to connect it to a Windows based machine and set all the key mappings and relevant settings there. Once done simply unplug and use on your HTPC as the settings are stored on the FLIRC device.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Remote - Wake/Suspend Issues0