• 6(current)
[CLOSED] Legacy SexyCirrus Expanded
[UPDATE: 11/02/2016]
Getting everything cleaned up for the final batch, however, life has been very busy recently. Another series will be added to the final package, Hitomi Series, and will be similar in principle to the Galleria series in that fanart / images of various aspect ratios is the priority instead of box shapes (Standard 4:3, Widescreen, and VGA aspects). It will also use banners of various shapes (standard, Steam type, Wii, etc...).

Super Rufoo
[UPDATE: 18/02/2016]
SexyCirrus Complete should be ready at the end of the month / early March. I'm currently expanding it to provide support to Teeedub's Hyper Launcher.
Nous travaillons avec notre équipe sur un scraper Francais et Anglais
Inscrivez vous

www.screenscraper.fr

We work with our team on a scraper French and English
Register
First of all great work! Love those galery tiles, this is going to be awesome!

Sorry for the dumb questions: will these views include a video preview of the game? Also, what is Teeedub's Hyper Launcher?

Can't wait to try this! thanks
(2016-02-19, 13:07)GodElite Wrote: First of all great work! Love those galery tiles, this is going to be awesome!

Sorry for the dumb questions: will these views include a video preview of the game? Also, what is Teeedub's Hyper Launcher?

Can't wait to try this! thanks

All SexyCirrus views support video / trailer playback. Smile

Hyper Launcher by Teeedub is here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=258159

It is another type of gaming addon that is heavily reliant upon Hyperspin assets and differs from Advanced Launcher. It's a new project and in its infancy but has boatloads of promise and I want to encourage / support the development.

Thanks for the encouragement. Stay tuned. Smile
[UPDATE: 21/02/2016]
The flyout menu has received a new facelift for SexyCirrus Complete viewtypes. This is a development screenshot and does not represent the final product but is indicative of what to expect. Options and functions are cleanly organised into their relevant sections, when hovering over any given option a small description and an animated preview of its function are shown in the upper area (this was to pack-in users guides and help directly into SexyCirrus in a seamless way rather than having a separate post on the Kodi forum detailing "how to use stuff").

As a massive focus between the Preview Edition to Complete is upon animations and transitions, this has been extended to other areas users will interact with such as this flyout menu. Many stuble changes are being made to make the integration between Cirrus & Advanced Launcher feel even tighter and chase that console feel. Smile

PS: Adding in descriptions and the user-guide directly into the skin is for user convenience and seamlessness. However, it will presently only be offered in English due to lack of capacity for other languages.
work with the madnox skinners Tongue haha love ur work rufoo.
(2016-02-25, 00:24)rdyott Wrote: work with the madnox skinners Tongue haha love ur work rufoo.

Cheeky. Thanks, bud. The Aeon Nox crew have more than enough talent over their side without me. Tongue

[UPDATE: 29/02/2016]

The aim is to release SexyCirrus Complete somepoint during March. Yet another viewtype series, Yamane Series, has been made which caters to people with a preference for vertical navigation in a visually innovative way, this will be revealed when Complete is released. Smile

Now that all the main series of views have been designed for games, a "best-of" compilation of the SexyCirrus views are being created for Movies, Music, TV, and Pictures. Effectively modernising the other areas of the skin which many have stated feel are lacking compared to the stuff for SexyCirrus. Effectively SexyCirrus has grown to a point that stops short of overhauling Cirrus entirely, allowing the user to experience the skin in two ways. If I can think of something worthwhile I may make some home screens to completely tie the experience together.

The complete package will contain the following series:

Advance Series > Poster / Square / Wide / Slim / Blu
Mega Series > Poster / Square / Slim / Blu
Hitomi Series > Standard / Widescreen / VGA
Galleria Series > Standard / Widescreen / VGA
Tiles Series > Poster / Square / Wide / Slim / Blu
Versa Series > Poster / Square / Wide / Slim / Blu
Yamane Series > Poster / Square / Wide / Slim / Blu
Launcher Series > Titan / Arcade / Spires

+ "best-of" compilation for media sections. That's a LOT of views! Big Grin

So if life permits, it will be released this month in a new thread. Admittedly, upon release, there will be no new series of views forthcoming as I have achieved what I have wanted and have "burnout" when it comes to fresh ideas for views. Updates will be offered quickly to stamp out any minor bugs. Focus will solely be steered toward refining what exists rather than making anything new as I want do other things. Thanks to those who have been following the project, commented on it, or found it useful. The Complete version will be well worth the wait. Smile
Sounds MARVELOUS! I look forward to it- thank you for taking the next step and "porting" your new views over to the "traditional" Kodi nodes as well. This will be a uniform skin that supports Advanced Launcher properly- I think the only other one out there is Metropolis these days.

Thank you for your work. As to not coming out with anything new afterward, I'd say you've more than earned a rest.
Question 
[UPDATE: 21/03/2016]
In the Preview Edition there was an option to use Modified Headers as I felt Cirrus' default headers wasted a lot of space. Rather than use Cirrus' default headers, SexyCirrus Complete uses a remodeled variant of it. This is still in progress but would appreciate feedback. The home icon in the top left is kinda ugly at the moment but the purpose of it is when selected (either by touch on tablets, hovering over by mouse, or pressing up off the scrollbar by controller / keyboard) it brings up a menu on the left which is like a quick jump home screen to jump between Movies, Music, Power, System, etc...

@Rufoo

What about view types for movies and tv shows, did you add some or they are the same as original skin?
(2016-03-22, 16:26)qzem Wrote: @Rufoo

What about view types for movies and tv shows, did you add some or they are the same as original skin?

Yes, a "best-of" selection of SexyCirrus views are being made for the standard Kodi modules in Cirrus with minor modifications appropriate for each section.
(2016-03-23, 08:28)Rufoo Wrote: Yes, a "best-of" selection of SexyCirrus views are being made for the standard Kodi modules in Cirrus with minor modifications appropriate for each section.

Great to hear this! I will definitely try this out when it is ready.
(2016-03-23, 09:51)qzem Wrote: Great to hear this! I will definitely try this out when it is ready.

Please do. I hope it meets expectations. Smile

Here's a screen of the same view above, Galleria HD, in one of its many display styles Wink Rough at the moment and still have to add media section specific elements like codec flags and have bring across other SexyCirrus stuff across into these sections (like the new header) without trampling all over the default Cirrus stuff.

PS: As this project has expanded into the traditional media nodes, elements which are missing by default in the skin will be addressed when seen. This process has started with more media flags for codecs: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2292432
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Legacy SexyCirrus Expanded4